Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: le grand retour

Ok folks, so I am back in SoCal, at least for the winter. Trying to get a Cougar Buttes run set up between now and X-mas. Looks like Dec 3rd-6th is going to be the best bet for not making people choose between this and other events.

Any input from interested parties?
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

You know im down

Comment

Might be doable for me. Havent had a chance to get back there since my first time there but I have heard its changed alot.

Comment

Im there. Ill bring my hiking boots.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Welcome back Sean :beer:
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

I'm interested in going if no one objects to a stocker?? I've never been out there and can't seem to find many good videos of it to gauge how I'd be.
            USMC F&AM

Comment

Do a search in the trail report section for
              Cougar Buttes, Bullfrog, Cakewalk, Boulderbash, Hammerdown, Crazy8, and On the Rocks. Plenty of pics and video, they are intermediate trails,33's and lockers recommended unless you are quite an experienced wheeler that manages to go many fun places with open diffs

Comment

Ok looks like there are enough people! Consider the date to be set! I will be bringing some sporting clays as well, so bring your gear for that as well if you are into that sort of thing.
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Ya, after some reviewing some pics and vids on here I think I'll wait a couple months till I at least have some lift on there. 31's, open, no lift don't look to be very good for this. Have fun everyone! If there's bypasses I'm in! haha
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

Go cut your teeth on Cleghorn, there is still some fun stuff there and most all is do able on 31's

Comment

Hey Sean when are you planning on leaving on friday? I have 2 others going but there bringing there quads and bikes and maby buggie... caravan?

Hey TipsE-Z I went on this about a year ago with Scott and Sean and had a blast, I have 32s open in front and back with a 2in lift at that time and had no problem.

Comment

You are more than welcome to join, but may want to bring another stocker if possible. There are alternate ways around most everything, its just a matter of how far from the group you are willing to go.

Or you could be like Scott, and bring your hiking boots :beer:

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                          Im there. Ill bring my hiking boots.
                          still confused on the jeep sellin thing.. :confused2:confused2

as for the run.. if I can get my new locker in.. ill be down too.. that place is fun... .
                          [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                          PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                            still confused on the jeep sellin thing.. :confused2:confused2

as for the run.. if I can get my new locker in.. ill be down too.. that place is fun... .
                            Yeah, he has it backwards, you are supposed to BUY jeeps. The only way you lose one is structural failure

Comment

Sounds good. I'm open to driving a bit out of the way if need be. I'll know for sure by middle of this week (was supposed to work all weekend but was sick) what work would like to request from me next weekend. I'm not lifted so I figure I'll still probably sit this one out for a few months.
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                              X