Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Al (igofshn) at the last obstacle on the Cummins Cutoff trail:

Just after getting past this last obstacle on the trail, Clay (cweed) broke a front U-joint and damaged the front axle shaft:

This is Jason's YJ:

continued....
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

After completing the Cummins Cutoff, we continued up to Defense Mine:

Then we headed over to Lookout City:

continued....
      KI6MLU

Comment

On Saturday, we decided to run up South Park Canyon on our own, instead of with the CA4WDC run. Our group consisted of seven Jeeps and one Samurai: Al (igofshn), Mike (Mikegyver1), Jason (Jason), Randy (mybrokenjeep), Todd (navy-jeepster), Kurt (Cetrov), Scott (smack2020) and myself.

Jason and Randy (mybrokenjeep) on an "extra credit" portion of the South Park Canyon trail:

Al's (igofshn) Sammy:

After a lo-o-o-ng absence from the MJR scene, Kurt (Cetrov) and his daughter, Jaime, were able to join us for this run:

Kurt (Cetrov) at Chicken Corner:

Jason:

Randy (mybrokenjeep):

continued.....
        KI6MLU

Comment

We continued up South Park Canyon to the ridge overlooking the Butte Valley in Death Valley National Park:

Here's a group photo. From left to right, my TJ, Al's (igofshn) Samurai, Scott's (Smack2020) JK, Todd's (Navy-Jeepster) TJ, Kurt's (Cetrov) TJ, Jason's (Jason) YJ, Randy's (mybrokenjeep) TJ, and Mike's (Mikegyver1) TJ:

We followed the ridgeline to Roger's Pass, but because of the chilly temperatures at that elevation (over 7000 ft), we immediately headed down Pleasant Canyon to return to Panamint Valley. Some of the group wanted to look for burros, and I have usually found some along Indian Ranch Road:

We returned to camp in time for the delicious BBQ dinner catered by the Ruff Rock Cafe, and then attended the raffle.
          KI6MLU

Comment

What's the big deal about chicken rock? I did it in a full size 4 door Nissan Titan in 2004...
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Nothing is special about it. It isn't a hard spot. There are a lot harder spots on the way up.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
              X