Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Panamint Valley Days

Here are some photos from Panamint Valley. It was a fun trip. I made it up this waterfall last year with 35's and flopped over this year on my 37's. I almost had it but then I smashed my mirror. It was perfect weather and a great event. Petersons's 4 wheel drive mag is going to feature our run in the March issue.

Nice pic's, looks like you had a blast. I was sitting at a red light today 395/Phelan Rd and a few motorhomes went by going south with jeeps behind them, one was Red like yours on a trailer. I was sitting there all jealous. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      Nice pic's, looks like you had a blast. I was sitting at a red light today 395/Phelan Rd and a few motorhomes went by going south with jeeps behind them, one was Red like yours on a trailer. I was sitting there all jealous. LOL.
      I had mine on a trailer but just a truck and shell where I slept. Not fancy but warm. It was fun but my jeep got a little bit beat up but that is part of the fun.Here are a few more pics. The first one show how steep it is from my view

Comment

I'm still armoring my Rubi up, buying a little here and there when I can. Thats why I passed on going to PVD, bought some parts and installed them this weekend instead. Not sure if my Rubi is up for a trail like this yet? 4" lift on 33's. How much lift do you have?

I picked up a little camper also, I posted a thread about it in the off topic section about a month ago titled gearing up for Panamint.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
          I'm still armoring my Rubi up, buying a little here and there when I can. Thats why I passed on going to PVD, bought some parts and installed them this weekend instead. Not sure if my Rubi is up for a trail like this yet? 4" lift on 33's. How much lift do you have?

I picked up a little camper also, I posted a thread about it in the off topic section about a month ago titled gearing up for Panamint.
          I was one of only two jeeps in our group to try it. None of trail guides did it at all. The unlimited rubicon did make it up which was cool. I have a 6 inch lift on 37's but there were bypasses. I did make it up last year on 35's so that was what was puzzling.

Comment

Extra height? extra weight in the back seat? change in the trail? Could've been anything. It doesn't take much.

Comment

bummer about the ripped top. I know that obstacle I think. Defense mine, right?
              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Your brave. Little too much for me, but I enjoy looking at the pics and reading the posts. Thanks. Now if I had to go up that to hunt something I may be tempted...LOL.
                I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Great trip as usual. It was good to see so many myjeeprocks people.

Comment

Here are some of our pictures from Jail Canyon and South Park and Pleasant Canyon.

Cweeds carnage

Tex's get-away truck at Ballarat.

Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Lookout city over looking Panamint Valley

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v82/igofshn/PVD2010/
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Yep thats the motorhome we seen going south.

Comment

My Pics

Here are the pics I got.. working on the videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1NbTAZPims

and here if you want any of these
                          http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...r1/PVD%202010/

Cummins Cutoff Wash Tub
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxscFbjsxqg
                          Cummins Cutoff 2nd obstacle 2010
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pawp3CVqLW8
                          Last edited by Mikegyver1; 11-15-10, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Great pic's guys thanks for sharing them with us.

Comment

Wow! What a great event! Carmen and I had a great time! Temperatures during the day were perfect... did get a little chilly at night, but not too bad.

Here are a few of our pictures... and by the way, Russ and Jason, thanks for inviting us along for the Saturday run! Russ is a fabulous trail leader and does a great job of sharing his knowledge of the area!

FRIDAY ACTIVITIES...

On Friday morning, the area was buzzed over by a couple of F-18's (I think)... These guys were doing all kinds of cool things but were so fast I couldn't keep up with them with the camera.

We then made our way over to Ballerat Ghost Town...

They did learn how to "multi-use" their facilities...

Our great friends, Shane and Aleta... this was their first Jeep event... they are now in the market for a "new to them" Four by Four.

Carmen and I...

This family from Germany was there passing thru on vacation... they drove all of those hours to find and see The Barker Ranch... They rented an "all wheel drive" vehicle, a Mitsubishi Endeavor... I was rather impressed... with only a little guidance and one tug, that Mitsubishi went right thru Goler Wash and right to Charlie Mansen's old hang out...

In case you were wondering which direction to go...

We later caught up with some guys in CJ's that were on the same trek as us... Find the Barker Ranch...

So, we started up this canyon and got about 1/2 mile from the top and we realized that we were in the wrong canyon...

Our new guides were lost...

so, we backtracked down the canyon, then up the road to Goler Canyon or Goler Wash...

Once there, we found the Barker Ranch... and learned alot about this guy and his clan...

Carmen posing as Charlie hiding out in the vanity hoping the authorities won't find him...

We understand that this was Charlie's very own pomegranite tree...

Saturday activities to be posted soon... hopefully tomorrow
                              Regards,
                              Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Working...
                              X