Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sully: Do not ever key down any radio without an antenna or dummy load attached. The radio is designed to work against that load. Keying down will result in blowing your finals.

As suggested above, get a tunable antenna if possible. The Missus and I find the Firestik's to be cheap and common. I find though that they usually are a little short even with the screw all the way out. Having said that, we get SWR under 1.4. Get thee to Radio Shack and get a SWR meter or I'll bring one along for the next ride.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Looks like Tam and I will be leaving our respective places sometime between 1:30-2. We'll be camping in the usual spot. You cant miss us!

Can someone bring a spare 760 u-joint? I dont think I'll need it but just incase. Thank you.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

OH! and firewood. Can anyone who is camping saturday night bring firewood, please. I'm bringing some, but I'm sure we'll need more.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          Can someone bring a spare 760 u-joint? I dont think I'll need it but just incase. Thank you.
          i got one.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
            i got one.
            me too
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

oh we *might* have some firewood lying around ... LOL
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

i'm outa here see you saturday wheelers tomorrow. the rest of you, have a good safe easter run!
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

slight change in plans for me: my co-pilot is working graveyard tonight (12 hour shift) and all day tomorrow (8 hours), and would like to sleep at home instead of in the Jeep and/or tent. To tell you the truth, I'd like to avoid the inevitable crankiness as well We'll be heading out Sunday AM and will meet y'alls at Peggy Sue's by 9:00AM. (we're planning on getting there early for breakfast, so more like 8:00-ish).

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                    We'll be heading out Sunday AM and will meet y'alls at Peggy Sue's by 9:00AM.
                    Do you think it will be open on Easter>?
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

hmmm... well, i guess we'll find out i'll call beforehand- might have to get mcdonalds instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X