Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you had fun and great weather. TDS is on my Calendar for '05...EJS has been on my Calendar for a few years 28-29 more days and I'm there
    *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
    Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
    Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

When you visit for TDS '05, make sure you make your way over to the JA camp too, girl :-). We miss you.
      --------------
      Bill - Jeeps Only
      http://www.jeepsonly.com
      A Yahoo-style directory of Jeep sites
      -------------------------------

Comment

As my first post here, I'll start off by saying it was great hooking up with you all, many of which I hadn't seen since last year's Doran run. It's great to see how all the Jeeps have "grown", as well as catching up with everyone. And it was good of Kirk (Cetrov) and Al (igofshn) to let me know about mygrouprocks.com, it's nice to hook up with a SOCAL oriented forum!

By the way... I figured out what happened to my steering Saturday and why the TJ suddenly became so hard to steer. It was a torn lower control arm mount on the front axle. Enough to make any Jeep hard to steer, eh? I drove it home that way with the steering wheel about 75 degrees off, not knowing it was a torn mount causing the problem. I focused too hard on the steering box, tie rod, and drag link, and not enough on less likely sources of the problem. New front Rubicon Express control arm mounts are on their way and you can bet they and the other control arm mounts will be reinforced.

Good seeing y'all again and meeting those I didn't know before, it was a good trip even if only one member (not me!) of the group won anything!

Jerry
        Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 03-08-04, 11:50 PM.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
          As my first post here, I'll start off by saying it was great hooking up with you all, many of which I hadn't seen since last year's Doran run. It's great to see how all the Jeeps have "grown", as well as catching up with everyone. And it was good of Kirk (Cetrov) and Al (igofshn) to let me know about mygrouprocks.com, it's nice to hook up with a SOCAL oriented forum!

By the way... I figured out what happened to my steering Saturday and why the TJ suddenly became so hard to steer. It was a torn lower control arm mount on the front axle. Enough to make any Jeep hard to steer, eh? I drove it home that way with the steering wheel about 75 degrees off, not knowing it was a torn mount causing the problem. I focused too hard on the steering box, tie rod, and drag link, and not enough on less likely sources of the problem. New front Rubicon Express control arm mounts are on their way and you can bet they and the other control arm mounts will be reinforced.

Good seeing y'all again and meeting those I didn't know before, it was a good trip even if only one member (not me!) of the group won anything!

Jerry
          Funny you should say that about the mount , it was the passenger side ? , I mentioned to Kirk or AL how the mounts on your jeep where looking out of wack . I should have had a closer look . I am sorry i was on " vacation " .

JIM :{>

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford
            And it was good of Kirk (Cetrov) and Al (igofshn) to let me know about mygrouprocks.com
            Oh no, ANOTHER forum?
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by jim79cj7
              Funny you should say that about the mount , it was the passenger side ? , I mentioned to Kirk or AL how the mounts on your jeep where looking out of wack . I should have had a closer look . I am sorry i was on " vacation " .

JIM :{>
              You have a better eye than I do, it was indeed the passenger-side mount. I think I must have looked at everything BUT that particular control arm mount. Oh well, it's high-time a few of the scrawny factory mounts got replaced. Good wheeling with ya Jim!
              The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                Oh no, ANOTHER forum?
                No - I think ANOTHER typo -

too much time in the sun!!!

We filled him in on Myjeeprocks.com - notice the "it's my first post here"
                Kirk
                1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

We can't find "mygrouprocks.com"

You can try again by typing the URL in the address bar above.
                  Or, search the Web:

Go to MSN Search to see complete results for "mygrouprocks.com".

Download MSN Toolbar!

Check availability or register the domain name 'mygrouprocks.com'.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More information about this error.
                  About Results

Not satisfied with your results? Help us improve.