• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See you guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by rickashay View Post
      See you guys there.
      Seriously? You comin' out? See ya all in the morning!!!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Do you guys think a stock unlimited can make it up the frontside? I wouldn't consider it before but now it looks a little smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by crashtom View Post
          Do you guys think a stock unlimited can make it up the frontside? I wouldn't consider it before but now it looks a little smoother.
          No Problem.

Comment

Man I tell you that trail looks pretty scary looking up at it from Bouquet. I took the fire roads up first and did sections at a time. I then followed a tricked out unlimited down to build my confidence. Finally I climbed up from Bouquet to the top of the mountain. I came across a few hairy spots of loose shale but I chugged right up.
            I was a little concerned because my Sahara doesn't even have limited slip.
            Next time I'll go down to the flats and then try to come back up.

Thanks to that guy in the yellow Unlimited who let me follow him down the trail.

Comment

Hey there guys...

Awesome time out there, it was great to see such a good outcome. If anyone has those pics that were taken of our fun up on the rock pile let's check them out, I'm the one in the blue CJ-7 on 37's. I know there was some video as well, If I can have that emailed to me along with some pics that would be awesome.

For those of you that were there for the second leg of our journey....cut short due to my axle snapping extravaganza... thanks for all your help and patients in getting me out of that predicament, it could of been really ugly, thankfully it wasn't.

Damn it was a fun day though, hope you all agree.

JP

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-JP View Post
                Hey there guys...

Awesome time out there, it was great to see such a good outcome. If anyone has those pics that were taken of our fun up on the rock pile let's check them out, I'm the one in the blue CJ-7 on 37's. I know there was some video as well, If I can have that emailed to me along with some pics that would be awesome.

For those of you that were there for the second leg of our journey....cut short due to my axle snapping extravaganza... thanks for all your help and patients in getting me out of that predicament, it could of been really ugly, thankfully it wasn't.

Damn it was a fun day though, hope you all agree.

JP
                Well, it appears you made it home ok. After you took off, we drove up to the top and back down the way we came, we were up and over in less than an hour. It was a good day, glad I came out. Looks like you will have your hands busy swapping out those axles and hopefully upgrading your brakes while you're in there.

-Slim

Comment

Hey Slim . . . were you in the Yellow Sport that you just bought a couple months ago? Trying to fit the screen name with the dude!

Comment

Had a good time yesterday...sorry but I had to split at the 2nd staging area alot of stuff to honey do before dark..was nice meeting the new faces and seeing old friends...Geeb
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

What a great day. This ones for you Jeff....
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_pyGzkNQic

Comment

Originally posted by the_al_mighty View Post

Very COOL!
                        Thanks

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by the_al_mighty View Post
                          Hey there Al, just curious if you may know who was the gentleman who took pics or video of when I stood my blue CJ-7 straight up on that rock pile. I'd love to get the pics or video....

If anyone knows or can help with that it would be awesome...

Thanks

JP

Comment

Originally posted by SantaAnaSlim View Post
                            Well, it appears you made it home ok. After you took off, we drove up to the top and back down the way we came, we were up and over in less than an hour. It was a good day, glad I came out. Looks like you will have your hands busy swapping out those axles and hopefully upgrading your brakes while you're in there.

-Slim
                            Hey there Slim,

I did make it home ok, good ole' front wheel drive, gotta love it! Thanks for all your help on the recovery efforts, it sure could of been much more ugly but it wasn't.

Here are some pics of "...having your hands busy swapping..."

The loud PING heard across the valley was the teeth getting sheared off the shaft...

Here is the gouges and heat discoloration of the axle tubes resting on the shafts themselves while working hard...

... and that hands being busy part you speak of...

Spare parts anyone? They are bent, twisted, heavily exercised, used and abused and loved.... oh yeah, there is a CJ-7 stock gas tank as well, that's actually in great shape.

Let the welding and 4 linking begin and bring in the Rock Jock 60. Link suspension kits available at Genright on a daily basis... do it right, check with all the boys in there.

JP :~D

Comment

Thanks!! Had a GREAT time!

Hey everybody! That was me taking the other pictures. What a fun time. I am so happy this area is open again - just 5 minutes from my house. So cool. The beginning of this trail had always intimidated me for so long - going up it with you guys really helped me so much. (!)

Here are some pictures. I will post video links to my YouTube account as soon as I have time to upload them.

Have a great week!

~Ben
                              ben@bigben.tv

Last edited by bigbenedetti; 11-10-09, 11:53 AM.

Comment

video links

Hey Jeff and JP - check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0XDZPHElFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFoxV07qfk

Thanks again!

~Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X