Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good, hope to make it on Sunday, it's been to long.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaAnaSlim View Post
      Well then, I guess it'll be easy to find each other. It'll be the yellow jeep crew:

What happened to the YJ? Didn't you have a YJ when I ran cleghorn with you? Am in getting old? []IIIIIII[]
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by womb raider 940 View Post
        you guys have fun. Dunno why Schmo Joe took the bolt cutters from my shop. :confused:
        Gotta do a prerun to make sure the trail is safe right :dunno: So are you planning to tag along on Sun or what? Turbo can stay home if you need a seat.
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Sunday should work for me,

This is what the trail is like now from the Bouquet cyn. side... steep but no ruts now

this is what 99% of the back side is like now

Comment

Mr. Dog Man,

Did you forget about Route 66 tonight?

Jeff & Robin

Comment

Originally posted by RallyeX View Post
              Mr. Dog Man,

Did you forget about Route 66 tonight?

Jeff & Robin
              no I did not forget, had to take my son to the dentist at 6pm tonight for some dental work and was to burnt out after to go out... Damn I feel OLD

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                What happened to the YJ? Didn't you have a YJ when I ran cleghorn with you? Am in getting old? []IIIIIII[]
                I did... but I turned to the dark side. It's a 2 hour drive to get to any of the good wheelin spots and even with no top, when it's 115 degrees and you're driving through Fontana, it's HOT. So we upgraded to the TJ. It's got A/C, and it came with pretty much everything you see there. 35s, D44 Rear and skids that cover EVERYTHING (steering box, front and rear diff, oil pan, gas tank). It was a mall crawler, so it's in great shape, but the owner spent thousands on lifts and tires and skids. So now I can beat on it. I threw an aussie in the front and I plan to regear it and put an elocker in the rear and I'll be done.

You coming up for this run?

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                  Hey Slim . . . Looks like I've got a pics from that same spot . . . GM right?
                  Yeahp. I was up there a few weeks ago with some guys I met here on MJR. It was the maiden voyage of my new TJ. It did just fine on that run with 35s and open diffs all around, and that's a Forest Service DIFFICULT. I have an aussie up front now so that should improve things even more. Notice how the front passenger tire is still and the driver's side is spinning... no more of that nonsense.

Comment

I know I posted this run, but does anyone wanna volunteer to lead? As many times as I,ve been up there I still get lost going to the same Ralphs market every week..lol.
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

****UPDATE . . . just got word that the trail is not open to the public today . . . sounds like the rangers just opened it up for the dirtbike cops, a few club members, etc. The cops probably need some practice seeing how long that area has been closed!!! Wouldn't want to crash their bike in front of all the kiddies Tomorrow it is . . . see ya guys in the morning.

Just got an email from a buddy out there and it looks like the rangers opened up Texas Canyon this morning at 8am. Anybody want to run up there today and check it out? Turns out we might not even need the bolt cutters that I borrowed from Josh!
                      Last edited by Schmo; 11-07-09, 01:35 PM.
                      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Well I hope to see ya,s tommorrow am., I guess I,ll be on channel 11 on the cb..is everyone ok with that? I,m planning on hitting Big Oaks by 9.00am..Geeb...Remember BOUQUET SIDE FOLKS

Comment

Trail is open to the public all gates open. ran the trail again today.

Comment

Sweet Larry ,Yeah Joe called today and said he might go out there ..Are you doing the run tommorrow also?

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                              Sweet Larry ,Yeah Joe called today and said he might go out there ..Are you doing the run tommorrow also?
                              I have run the trail 3 times in the last 3 weeks, so why not do it again see ya in the morning around 9:30am for me.. I can lead if you want

Comment

Thanks Larry as I said I,ve been up there quite a few times just not sure of the exact route/trail to take..I usally just GO!!lol..

Comment

Working...
                                X