Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trail got some fair size rocks, on the last run we did a guy took his Sahara through there without rock rails and he got some damage on both sides. Did a great job though 35's and open diffs, but then his son did an admirable job spotting him through. I would say expect some sheetmetal damage, there are a couple of spots that are quite tight

Comment

Looks like Rattlesnake Canyon on Steriods. Would love to go on one of these private runs with you guys. Never really understood why you'all post the photos of these things when you don't post invites. "Hey guys, check out how much fun YOU didn't have!" LOL. I'm not bitter, really, I'm not. But it seems weird.
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
        Looks like Rattlesnake Canyon on Steriods. Would love to go on one of these private runs with you guys. Never really understood why you'all post the photos of these things when you don't post invites. "Hey guys, check out how much fun YOU didn't have!" LOL. I'm not bitter, really, I'm not. But it seems weird.
        you just don't know the secret hand shake.
        The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by karstic View Post
          How did it do? Rock rails enough to protect from body damage?

His setup sounds similar to my grocery getter.
          The sliders were almost more trouble to deal with. On his yota they stuck out to far, and with the long wheel base put a new meaning to rock stacking. Both front diffs leaking,broken front drain plug, bent p/s rear axle. Front bumper (now missing),some cool new dents in the rear quarter panel. But like I said, he drove the crap out of it. Tyler, you may own a Yota, but you can follow my jeep any day!!!!

Comment

Hey Art, I like the washer welding idea. I just tack-welded the caps on the driver's side after I lost a cap twice. Now that the passenger side is doing the same, I think that I am going to switch to Chromoly's.

I think I'll use your washer idea to create some spares. Thanks for the idea!

As for the trail, it rocks! But I think that anything rolling less than 35's needs to have a front locker. I only locked the rear diff once. My front Aussie pulled me through everything otherwise.
            I'm surprised that the 'Yota took so much diff damage. It seemed to be clearing most of the nasty's on those 33's.
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
              [COLOR="Blue"]We'll put something together Nathan when it cools down a little. I have another difficult "secret" canyon to add to this "secret" canyon.
              mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Nathan, Steve and Fred posted the fire road thing up a while back, you could have ran it at that time.
                No worries we will run it again. It's a bit tough on the equipment though. But you are more than welcome to come along on the next round, If Mike says he found another fun canyon you can bet he did.

Comment

I'm surprised that the 'Yota took so much diff damage. It seemed to be clearing most of the nasty's on those 33's.[/QUOTE]

I thought it did too. but the few that it missed, did a good job. But I agree that a front locker would be a huge benefit on that trail, it would have made the day go a little faster.:yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Nathan,.............. If Mike says he found another fun canyon you can bet he did.
                    [COLOR="Blue"]The the trail is fairly short though,,,but we could always turn around and go back down it. Then add another short trail in the area.
                    mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike, you ran the canyon before it? Ran that one twice

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Mike, you ran the canyon before it? Ran that one twice
                        [COLOR="Blue"]No, this one is located near the little town of Johnson, opposite from Boone Rd.
                        mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Cool more fire roads, This fall i want to hike the box canyon to see if we can make it passable

Comment

Sounds like the "fireroad" that I ran a few months ago with some of the VV4Wheeler guys. There are a few secret ones out there.

Mitch

Last edited by Mitch; 09-03-09, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                              [COLOR="Blue"]You know, I don't think I've ever seen this CJ with all 4 wheels on the ground.[/COLOR]

x2! I agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan View Post
                                you just don't know the secret hand shake.
                                You can't do the hand shack if your not invited. I thought it was the secret sticker on the jeep (That's why you get your Jeep in photos to show it off)? :bonk:

Comment

Working...
                                X