Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
    Im going to have to change my RSVP to a no. I broke a tooth off my ring gear this weekend. It will be a miracle if I get this resolved before Sat. night.

Bummer! Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Me and a couple of buddies will try and be there art. I wonder if the shushi place is open late afterwards lol

Comment

I posted on another thread. But, we may or may not make this one. The front axle "pinion" bearing is shot. Ken said it's really bad and needs to be replaced. He is going to try his best to have it ready in time for the run. I drop it off tomorrow.

Comment

Art, I'm coming out with my friend and my Jeep. My buddy with the Tahoe wants to come along but I'm not comfy bringing the Toahow out with this many rigs especially towards the evening hours, so It'll be just my Jeep.

Beau, the dam Sushi place closes at 9:00pm on the dot and won't stay a second later.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Ron,

Ken will get it done for you. He said you were bringing it over tomorrow. Good luck.

Bash,

Be nice to Khoren. No 3 wheel Tahoe at night!

Mitch

Comment

Sounds like this will be fun!
              WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

22+ vehicles.. WOW.. this just might get TO big!.
                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                  22+ vehicles.. WOW.. this just might get TO big!.
                  So....is there room for a few more rigs? I have a couple of friends that would like to run this trail.:confused:
                  Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

I ran Cleghorn one night during a thunderstorm with the Inland Empire 4WD Club. We went up to Cleghorn that night and just happen to run into the, so they let us tag aling. 22 rigs and we finished in about 4 hours. No problem.

Even with 30 rigs, this won't be a problem. I'll be fully prepared to provide any spotting assistance needed as I'm sure every one will as well.

Can't Wait!

Comment

• wont be a problem just makes for more fun and more learning and friend making.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

• A couple of folks more is allright with me, this run is going to take some time and patience so a bit more will not matter.
                        If we make good time and some people are up for it we can try to run it both ways. However that one is kind of up in the air. First thing is to get everybody to the end of the trail with a smile on their face

Comment

• ill be there for the forward run, and the reverse run as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                            The difference in ground clearance between 30" & 31" tires is 1/2"!

When you say "stock Rubi" remember, it's built up more than 99% of all the other jeeps!

I say go! Take some of the tough sections, you're being led by some great guys. If you get stuck, they'll pull you out. That's what they love to do.

You'll be amazed what your "stock Rubi" can do!

No Rubi.. Just an LJ.

Comment

• Stock LJ will do just fine they come with a limited slip in the rear, you might want to come up with something to disconnect the front sway bar though. Will greatly improve traction offroad on uneven terrain. Once you take the torx bolts out from the lower end of the swaybar links make something out 1/2 bolts. Cut the bolt heads off chamfer the ends drill a small hole for a hair pin. Then double nut the bolt inplace in the lower mount. Then you can slide the links off easily when you go offroading

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                Stock LJ will do just fine they come with a limited slip in the rear, you might want to come up with something to disconnect the front sway bar though. Will greatly improve traction offroad on uneven terrain. Once you take the torx bolts out from the lower end of the swaybar links make something out 1/2 bolts. Cut the bolt heads off chamfer the ends drill a small hole for a hair pin. Then double nut the bolt inplace in the lower mount. Then you can slide the links off easily when you go offroading
                                Yes! what Art said! or, if your not handy with the tools, stop by 4WheelParts and purchase some quick disconnects for about $109.

Comment

Working...
                                X