Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmorell View Post
    I'd like to come. I just took delivery of my 05 Unlimited today. Complete noob. It's completely stock and has toyo a/t tires 30inch. What would I need to purchase before the run?
    The difference in ground clearance between 30" & 31" tires is 1/2"!

When you say "stock Rubi" remember, it's built up more than 99% of all the other jeeps!

I say go! Take some of the tough sections, you're being led by some great guys. If you get stuck, they'll pull you out. That's what they love to do.

You'll be amazed what your "stock Rubi" can do!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
      You'll be amazed what your "stock Rubi" can do!
      ...and you'll be amazed what your CJ can do.
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        I started exploring there with a stock jeep on stock tires, you might have to bypass some stuff amd meet backup further down the road. Tow points and a tow strap are a must, cb is nice but not the end of the world. Cooler sounds like a good idea, rocklights are nice but you can get by without it.
        Cleghorn is a fun bunch of short side trails some are easy some harder. The harder stuff is easy to skip you simply join back up further down the main fire road
        I've got the two hooks on the front bumper. In the rear is the factory recovery point only. Will these be sufficient? Is there a retail store I can go to get a tow strap at a decent price? I'm in Rialto. I working on getting a CB. Already got the cooler.

Comment

Most auto parts stores like Napa and Kragen have tow straps. Also Harbor Freight has them. The factory recover points should be sufficient.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

i'd be down for an afternoon run after 5 or so on the 18th. gonna be triple digits all week so a evening run would be soothing. Im still a beginner i think.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I'm 99%. GEEBO, come wrench on my Jeep with me!

Comment

Ive run cleghorn before. But considering the average years wheeling and wrencing around here, im still a noob.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

maybe

Might make this one.
                  Never done Cleghorn at night.
                  Sounds like fun!

Scott

Comment

Rock lights needed or factory lights ok? Are we eating on the trail or eat before we come? We'll try to make this one.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                      no need for rock lights
                      Cleghorn is not a rock trail, more of a trail with Gnarly side trails with a few rocks. A great trail for those of all abilities. Can find a lot o fun all over it
                      Blame me for bringing up rock lights. No they are not nessisary.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I was supposed to start a new job on Monday and didn't want to post that I was coming for fear that I'd have work to do that first weekend. However, I just found out that my new job will start a week later. So barring anything unexpected, I should be able to make it in The Limo.

I look foward to trying some of the side trails this time. Last time I stuck to the main trail all the way. This time I can take it up a notch, but still want to be pretty conservative.

The Scrambler is still completely stock and running on 29" tires.

Christian
                        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by gmorell View Post
                          I've got the two hooks on the front bumper. In the rear is the factory recovery point only. Will these be sufficient? Is there a retail store I can go to get a tow strap at a decent price? I'm in Rialto. I working on getting a CB. Already got the cooler.
                          The factory tow points will do the work.

Visit "The Radio Shop" in Ontario, Ca. They'll hook you up with a radio real nice.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Im on board for this one. Why hasnt mitch and the great88 answered up yet? Paging mitch..paging mitch

Comment

This sounds like fun. It's been a few years since I've done Cleghorn. If my jeep is back together by then I'am in.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

looks like a fun time will be had by all, Looking forward to the run
                                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X