Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess where I was today..........you got it Cougar Buttes. Ran BF start to finish and a good chunk of Cakewalk. Really like the V-notch next to BF (I think part of CW). Ran it both uphill and downhill. Very cool. I led a group of fairly serious jeepers (some might say infamous), and their responses were overwhelming positive. Good job on the trails Mike.

I did notice an awful lot of stacked rocks today (and have the sore back to prove how many we removed to the side) compared to last weekend. In fact, some spots were just easy. My opinion is that you should stack when you need to, but remove your stack once you have passed on through.

All in all, another great day in Johnson Valley.

Go East Marines........Please go east!
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

My opinion is that you should stack when you need to, but remove your stack once you have passed through.

Go East Marines........Please go east![/QUOTE]

I totally Agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
        Guess where I was today..........you got it Cougar Buttes. Ran BF start to finish and a good chunk of Cakewalk. Really like the V-notch next to BF (I think part of CW). Ran it both uphill and downhill. Very cool. I led a group of fairly serious jeepers (some might say infamous), and their responses were overwhelming positive. Good job on the trails Mike.

I did notice an awful lot of stacked rocks today (and have the sore back to prove how many we removed to the side) compared to last weekend. In fact, some spots were just easy. My opinion is that you should stack when you need to, but remove your stack once you have passed on through.

All in all, another great day in Johnson Valley.

Go East Marines........Please go east!
        [COLOR="Blue"]Glad to hear the positive responce, I think these trails satify most all 4 wheelers - even the "big dogs". Rock on!!
        BTW I have another short trail I want to add to the mix. Short but pretty difficult - this will make the more hard core guys happy. LOL! It goes through the nicest canyon out there.
        It's called "Hammer Down". We'll have to try it soon. It needs a little rock stacking right now for my Jeep to get through. I think about an hour or so of Cal Trans work should do it. Volunteers??[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow Mike! Thats really cool on what you are doing; making these trails for the enjoyment for many folks!

At least I'm excited about it. How often do you go and do some work out there? I'd be interested on helping out .

Only downside on my part right now is that I'm limited on how much gas I use now.... My first whole week I've been layed off now, from work... It's all about the budget now!! Had to cancel out on a few things already;but wont stop me still from having a little bit of fun! When I can!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Welcome to the slow lane. If we can get a few rigs it might be fun to go through there. I haven't gone through yet. Maybe the 21st after the Cakewalk. Or another time. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
              [COLOR="Blue"]Welcome to the slow lane. If we can get a few rigs it might be fun to go through there. I haven't gone through yet. Maybe the 21st after the Cakewalk. Or another time. [/COLOR]

There you go;
              If we have a small group....and whizz on through BF we just might have time....so I guess we'll just play it by ear for now.

Comment

Took the doors and hardtop off today so I'am ready for the "Hammer Down". Mike is it the canyon after The place where we had lunch the other day?
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Well if some people are of this friday how about some playing around and exploring on Bullfrog and Cakewalk this Friday? I don't mind rolling up my sleeves and moving rocks

Comment

count me in for friday if barney's up and running !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                      [COLOR="Blue"] I think about an hour or so of Cal Trans work should do it. Volunteers??[/COLOR]
                      well.. your in luck.. I am a CAL TRANS certified inspector.. so.. if I am not working or installing my new arms Iam in..
                      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

• Hey guys,

So far I'm off on Friday too. Might have to join you.

Mitch

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
                          Took the doors and hardtop off today so I'am ready for the "Hammer Down". Mike is it the canyon after The place where we had lunch the other day?

[COLOR="Blue"]you know Curtis I think you get to go first.LOL
                          So are you thinking on friday morning?? I just might be able to do that.

The trail is accually before Chicken Rock.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Well let's do it Mike I am game

Comment

• [COLOR="Blue"]Lets figure Camp Rock Rd & 247 at 9:30 Fri morning.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Cool will be there

Comment

Working...
                                X