Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJR M'n'G 2/21/09 Report

That sure was fun. I enjoyed getting to meet some new people and reconnecting with some old friends. Really enjoyed the Bullfrog. I know our group got off the trail okay, but want to hear from Matt regarding the group that split early to take the wounded vehicle back.

Certainly was a long day, as I don't think we got off the trail until nearly 8 PM.

Can't wait to see all the pics.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

BTW.....thanks all for wonderful day. MJR people are good people, and Bullfrog in the dark is real fun!
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

had a blast today.. Great group of people.. The run was awesome.. was prety stoked how well my XJ did with open diffs and stocks gears..

thanks for all that helped me get that perfect line..

here is a link to the photo's my GF took today.. (50+ pics)
      EDIT: "DONT MIND THE FIRST FEW PICS ARE JUST OF MY JEEP.. I HAVE BEEN UP LOADING THEM AS I STEAL THEM FROM YOUR PHOTOBUCKETS.. lol

BUT use guest password leadfoot
      http://photobucket.com/MJR022109

Last edited by LEADFOOTjosh; 02-23-09, 11:15 PM.
      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
        PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
          That sure was fun. I enjoyed getting to meet some new people and reconnecting with some old friends. Really enjoyed the Bullfrog. I know our group got off the trail okay, but want to hear from Matt regarding the group that split early to take the wounded vehicle back.

Certainly was a long day, as I don't think we got off the trail until nearly 8 PM.

EVC,Got the old boy out in low & 3'rd gear.Made to to my Buddy's house in LV with little trouble.Since all I had was 3rd(got it into high)I had to do some driving through stop signs but traffic was on my side and all's good.Big Thank You!! to Fred for the path finding out and Tony & Scott for watching over me.
          Last edited by GP4Play; 02-22-09, 01:40 PM. Reason: Forgot Scott
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Thank you

What a great day.Ok,Blister got hurt on BullFrog,But We met alot of great people and that was what it was all about for us.I got a lot of info about some changes to make and learned a lot about driveing the rocks.Thanks for all the patience,humor,and help when we broke down.Found out that it was the cup over the ball in the shifter that broke and one of the pins that line up the ball was missing.Thanks to Fred,Tony,and Scott for getting us out and watching over us.Sorry you all missed the end but it was great knowing you were there.So...another day and another trail,soon I hope,and hope you all got home ok.

Thanks
            Dennis & Tammy
            Last edited by GP4Play; 02-22-09, 01:41 PM.
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Yew!! I had me a lotta fun on this run..was really good meeting all of ya whom I,d seen here only by name, now I know your faces..Thanks to everyone for a Great day and all the help spotting..next run I,ll open my eyes..LOL..
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post

GP4Play beat me to it:

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
                EVC,Got the old boy out in low & 3'rd gear.Made to to my Buddy's house in LV with little trouble.Since all I had was 3rd(got it into high)I had to do some driving through stop signs but traffic was on my side and all's good.Big Thank You!! to Fred for the path finding out and Tony for watching over me.
                In fact, Tony, Scott and Dennis (tonym, desertdog, GP4Play) split off at first, and Scott, David? and I (OU812, generalkaos, Materdaddy) decided to split off a few minutes later. We were too late and didn't even catch them until we found our way back to camp rock road, and Dennis was already gone!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Looks like everyone had a great day on the trail. I've gotten off the trail at 8:00 pm before. Those large groups do it everytime.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who showed up for the Meet and Greet! A huge turn out and great support for MJR. There were a lot of Jeeps of every type represented. It was cool to have 2 people that are joining as vendors, Brett from "Off Road Werks" drove from Ventura, and Chris from "P and P Offroad Products" had his ultra clean black JK sporting his new bumpers. A few even showed up just for support without their Jeeps. Maxwells restuarant had some tasty food to go with the socializing. A very nice chance to visit and put a face to the names. A couple of groups headed out to Cougar Buttes to run Bullfrog and or Cakewalk afterwards. I had a time schedule and followed Rick and Sarah for a shorter easy run through Fairview Valley. The short trip had Scott and Leza (AVjeepfreak), Mr and Mrs Crash, John (Nippletwister), Rick and his wife TJ Rick),
                    Mitch (great88), and Rick and Sarah. Rick lead us around the trails and rock formations and somehow ended up at "Ricks Wash". As we approached, we were flagged down by 2 guys in a PT Cruiser. They had a Land Rover broke down in the bottom of the deep wash and it ha been there for 36 hours. Well that put the MJR rescue into action, which involved us heading down into "Ricks Wash" and a little boulder hopping. John stayed on top and out of the nasty bushes and branches with his clean Rubicon while Rick led the way with Crash right behind. When the rocks got over 2 foot in size both Scott and I turned around. TJ Rick continues a little further but he ended up heading back out also. Crash got stopped at a 4 foot boulder half blocking trail and then had a over-heating/vapor lock problem, so we all went to the recovery spot to help out the Land Rover. I had to leave as the winch lines and straps were getting hooked up. I think Sarah has photo's of the stuff that I missed. For an easy run, it was cool to end up in the famous "Ricks Wash". I will be back to run this when I have more time.

Thanks Rick and Sarah for leading this run and to everyone else who showed up.

Mitch

"Meet and Greet" in Apple Valley

XJ Kevin nice rig!

Brett from "Off Road Werks"

Chris from "P and P Offroad Products" Very clean custom bumpers!

The run

Nice trail marker! There is a trail in every direction!

The easy run??

Stranded and needing some Jeep therapy!
                    Last edited by Mitch; 02-22-09, 01:59 PM.

Comment

What an awesome day! It was nice to meet everyone. I had a great time on the rocks with you guys. Great pics Josh.

Comment

Mitch, you couldn't have summed it up better. We had a great time - and thanks to everyone who came out! We will definitely have to do it again, but maybe next time with a little more greetin' time.

Tam & Chris: so glad you made it up even sans jeep. Thanks for all of your help. And another big thanks to all the outta-towners who drove so far to hang out. I had a "farthest travelled" award but didn't have time to give it and the others out by the time we ate. I will save them for next time!

And Mitch of course - thanks for your help planning! Will post pics soon from our run.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Bullfrog Vids

I got some cool videos from the bullfrog run. I tried to run over Kurt a few times, and some one actually did run him over once. I am sure he will post that video soon.

I really thought I was going to lay it on its side here so I gunned it to drop the rear. Kurt is quick on his feet.

Materdaddy making it look easy.

Ive got a few more videos. Despite all the waiting in line somehow I only got about 15 min of video. I had a blast though. I will be back to Bullfrog. I like all the choices in lines. We had nearly stock Jeeps and well built Jeeps on the same trail having fun.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Ha ha. On that last video it was so exciting that I couldn't watch it thru the video camera. The Jeep keeps drifting out of frame. Told you it was awesome.
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

One more
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"