Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
    Great showing this year. It was good meeting those I haven't meet before and seeing others again. Had a great time on Bullfrog.

Thanks for the save Brian.
    To set the record straight.............I was not doing anything to save Chuck at that time. Fact is, my sciatica was bothering me and Dirtman offered me a little Jeep therapy. Thanks for the help Dirtman.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by tony m View Post
      Would like to hear how the rest of the night went; Mike??
      After GP4Play, Tony, and Flatpoint exited, several folks decided that the day was long enough and took the escape route. Matterdaddy already covered that.

The rest of the crazies that wanted to hit the last leg of the trail carried on in the dark. The coolest thing about the Bullfrog Trail is that the trail is a non-stop obstacle-fest. Even though there wasn't much of the trail left to travel, the ground to cross doesn't lend itself to speed.

It does lend itself to FUN! Unfortunately, getting pics after dark didn't work well. Here are some other views from the day:

Josh Flexing:

Rear tire flying:

GP4Play:

Desert Dog:

Nice air-time, Paul could give Chuck a run for his money:

Of course, Mr. Green had to try his hand at the game:

Chuck helping Brian with his 'sciatica':

I have more Vids coming soon. For all my pics, see this link:
      http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...-09/?start=all
      Last edited by Mike; 02-22-09, 10:07 PM.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

So what was the deal with the Land Rover Discovery? Didn't look stuck, was he broke down?
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

There was a Discovery and two Nissan's..... They were part of another group that was stopped and looked like they were eating lunch.
          offroadwerkz.com
          (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

Kurt trying to become road kill!:

Tony on the Jeepeater:

Paul saving some tread:

Me wasting tread:
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

heres a few of my kids pics

what a great day..

Last edited by xjkevin; 02-23-09, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Dang, lot,s of really nice pic,s ya,ll took I sure am glad I was able to go..To Tony thanks my bro for leading the way...it was nice meeting you all, sure is alot of jeepin talent out there..Kurt (Rat Patrol) Thanks for your spotting and trustin my offroad driving and Dirtman ..Desezert Dog, Materdaddy, Malachi, was good puttin names to faces..hope the next time comes soon...Geebo
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Kurt,

You are the MAN when it comes to photography! Hands on is an understatement. I feel a DVD coming soon.

Comment

Had a great time meeting everybody. something that would be great to do again. I couldn't believe all the jeep's when we meet up with that other group on the trail.Thanks Tony for the lead and Kurt for spotting and shooting.Also great job by all the picture takers.
                    You can make it

Comment

Originally posted by ECV Jeep View Post
                      Are you listening Sarah........it would seem that your little Jeep site has reached a level of success I doubt you had ever imagined.
                      I do tend to aim big, but bigger isn't always better, except in this case of course! We have definitely grown up quite a bit in the past couple of years, but I think we are the same friendly, fun, welcoming bunch that we started out as - and that is truly a dream come true Thanks to all of you!

And great Bullfrog/trail pics! We're looking forward to being able to run that one soon.
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Meet & Greet

WOW! Just got done reading all the posts and checking out the pix and vids. Sounds like I wasn't the only one who had a great time.
                        This is definately something that needs repeating.
                        It was cool to meet the folks in person, I've been talking with on the website all this time.
                        Geebo, It was good to finally meet you.

We arrived somewhat late, so we hurried in and ordered. Because we didn't want to be eating when it was time to go. So we didn't get to mingle as much as I would have liked. I really wanted to meet and thank Sarah for all she has done, but didn't get a chance before we headed out.
                        Thanks Sarah!!!!

Me, my wife and son had a blast! Thanks to all who are responsible for making these things happen.
                        Here are some shots my son took.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Okay... I guess that's enough.
                        Here's the rest:
                        http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/h...rog%202-21-09/

Comment

I have been looking at all of the photo's from Saturday's run and realized that I was acting like a "kid in a candy store" the whole day.
                          There was so much fun stuff going on all day that I forgot to stop and eat! My wife has been baggin' on me because I always need to eat or I melt. But, somehow I managed to go for eight hours without much food! I think that it was the excitement and possibly some adrenalin flowing!
                          Awesome pictures of the day! Our camera battery died early on, so I don't have any to share - sorry!
                          Money pit!

Comment

FORGOT!! Thank you, Sarah!! for putting this M&G together!

Just started to see more pics posted. Everybody, great pics! Boy.... alot of flexing and jeep waving ( with almost all tires !! LOL!

Great time I had with everyone.
                            Tony

Comment

if anyody has any pics worth sharing of my blue XJ from the run .. that would be great.. I am a picture HOG !!!!!..

thanks in advance..

you can email them to me.. or send me links too..

LEADFOOTjosh@gmail.com
                              Last edited by LEADFOOTjosh; 02-23-09, 06:25 PM.
                              [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                              PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

I ducked out of work for a quick visit. Since I am brand new to MJR I had no idea what to expect. Next time I will clear the day to do it all properly. Sorry I missed you Rich, I was in and out about 11AM. Hope this is something that is done often and I'm looking forward to being more prepared. Rock rails arrive Friday!
                                Gregg Turk
                                Gregg Turk
                                West Oak Hills
                                greggturk.com
                                95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

Working...
                                X