Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a awesome trip!

what the hell!

Stu where is the write up on all the new stuff you put on your Rubicon....jeep thing?

looks like you stretched the front, so maybe around 106 inch wheelbase? full hydro with some spidertrax 9inch hybrid 60 axles front (CTMs) and rear? and some 39inch BFG stickies?
    Do you have a money tree in your yard, bc I am going to come pick some leafs off it!

looks great!
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah, I walked that 'trail' that is straight-right after the V-notch, and it looks nice, we didn't really have time to do that that day so we turned and went the normal route. I know what your sayin' about the two trails going different hills, we do a lil of both usually. I admit I got a bit lazy and just grouped the trails together because I know we start on one and end up on the other. I had gone through Pumpkin eater some years ago (HDR 2005?) with 32MTR's and open diffs, and I am amazed the trail is so gnarly now. Trails change so much up here there are some big rocks that get moved around...
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
        Just a clarification on the trail you guys ran. The second canyon you ran is still part of Pumpkin Eater. Achy Breaky crosses the canyon at the beginning and goes up the hill. Pumkin Eater drops into the wash and follows it and then does some fun stuff. Achy Breaky is a trail run for most 4x's and Pumpkin Eater is the more hard-core. When our club (On the Rocks) used to lead that trail at HDR we called the two canyons the East or West canyon of Pumpkin Eater. To be able to get back to camp at a reasonable hour with a lot of rigs, we broke the group up in half. That V-notch is really stacked now in comparison to what it used to be.

As a history note, the trail was put together by Jason Bunch and Steve Hastings for HDR to try to get some more hard-core trails for the event. May have been about ten years ago, but not sure..

As I said earlier, a few of us were out there the previous weekend. As you go up the V-notch and look straight ahead, there is another canyon. Have taken my rig quite a way up and am trying to see if we can't make a nice addition for the more hard-core folk.

Rich
        Cool Stuff. Rat Patrol pointed out the path past the V-Notch and I noticed a few tire tracks. Those must have been from you guys last week. We didn't explore the extra credit part past the V-Notch. We really didn't have enough daylight left.

I would like to go back sometime soon and explore the rest of the East canyon, as well as several side trails that we noticed along Achy Breaky.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
          Cool Stuff. Rat Patrol pointed out the path past the V-Notch and I noticed a few tire tracks. Those must have been from you guys last week. We didn't explore the extra credit part past the V-Notch. We really didn't have enough daylight left.

I would like to go back sometime soon and explore the rest of the East canyon, as well as several side trails that we noticed along Achy Breaky.
          "'Ol man' take a look at my life I'm a lot like you."
          "I would like to go back sometime soon and explore the rest of the East canyon" Same here...
          Best, Max7
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You guys are out of control! Roll overs, winch it, strap it, that was cool, whats next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a ball if you are so inclined~~~~or declined?!!? WoW!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              You guys are out of control! Roll overs, winch it, strap it, that was cool, whats next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like a ball if you are so inclined~~~~or declined?!!? WoW!

Mitch
              Mitch,
              Not so much out of control, as out of our minds!
              I know you want to go do that Mitch, don't deny it. And hey, you still need to go do Isham with us. It wasn't the same without you there.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Quite It's been about two years since I was last on that trail! I tried to find it last October without a map and only using my memory. We looked around, but ended up so close, yet so far away from the actual trail.

Anybody up for a second run?
                Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                  Yeah, I walked that 'trail' that is straight-right after the V-notch, and it looks nice, we didn't really have time to do that that day so we turned and went the normal route. I know what your sayin' about the two trails going different hills, we do a lil of both usually. I admit I got a bit lazy and just grouped the trails together because I know we start on one and end up on the other. I had gone through Pumpkin eater some years ago (HDR 2005?) with 32MTR's and open diffs, and I am amazed the trail is so gnarly now. Trails change so much up here there are some big rocks that get moved around...
                  From the pictures that looks to be the case! About three years ago I ran that trail with out power steering and made it about 1/2 way through before a buddies rear panhard bar let loose and stranded him in the middle of the trail.
                  Actually, by that time I was worn out and somewhat glad to be stuck behind him!
                  Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                    And hey, you still need to go do Isham with us. It wasn't the same without you there.
                    I'm in. let me know when. I'll bring your Viking ballcap :-)
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

[QUOTE=miguelitojeep97;120161]looks like a awesome trip!

what the hell!

Stu where is the write up on all the new stuff you put on your Rubicon....jeep thing?

looks like you stretched the front, so maybe around 106 inch wheelbase? full hydro with some spidertrax 9inch hybrid 60 axles front (CTMs) and rear? and some 39inch BFG stickies?
                      Do you have a money tree in your yard, bc I am going to come pick some leafs off it!

No write up, i am not a good writer. have been buying parts for a while now knowing i was gonna have to do the front to hang with the big boys. I had the HI 9 rear for about a year now, just got the 609 front together and this is its first outing. So far so good.
                      No money tree just doing my part to help the economy. So everybody out there buy stuff !!! ( especially new shower doors from me !!!)

hope to see you out at JV soon for the real test
                      moon buggy
                      5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

shower doors huh? Do I get your old D44s in return? haha

NO MATTER WHAT.... Ill bw in JV for 4/5 days for KOH! see you out there.
                        [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

missed it

Wow, can't believe I missed this one.
                          Haven't been on line much. Very busy with the house.
                          I'll have to check in more often.
                          Looks like another great time on the trails.
                          Jesse, Max, all you guys are great to wheel with.

Oh, and happy birthday!

Scott

Comment

Stu,

Your Jeep didn't fall apart?

So now your a full trailer queen i take it?
                            From A Champ To A Chump In Just One Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by KINGSIZE View Post
                              Stu,

Your Jeep didn't fall apart?

So now your a full trailer queen i take it?
                              Wait for the candy green and bass boat flake paint job and then full time trailer queen.
                              moon buggy
                              5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Stu, Kurt

did you see my question on poor Andrew?

Rich
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X