Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Pumpkin Eater / Achy Breaky run

Well, had another go at Pumpkin Eater out at Stoddard Wells and had really good company to say the least.

Rat Patrol, Desert Jewel, Jeep Virgin, Malachi, Max7 who likes to stax... I swear Max thinks MJR stands for 'Manipulate Jeeps & Rocks' the man has Talent!

I drove away with another black eye - this trail hates me! While nobody wanted to 'Go Barney' on the trail, I did do what Barney was able to escape on that night run so long ago...

Kodiak Spirit decided to take a nap on it's side!! I'm sure the others will post up sum pics... maybe even video, we'll just have to see.

All in all it was a great 'Birthday run' for My sister and myself and we finished it off with only a few cuts and bruises back at Quigley's for dinner.

Thank you all so much for the sweet and easy recovery, Taking care of all the work while I was shaking it off... special Thanx to Max for putting his jeep in just the right spot to get my jeep back shiny side up with minimal damage. You guys all rock!

And yeah, my Sister did winch me a lil' bit... :devil:
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Thanks to all for coming out and making our birthday run the best one ever! Can't wait for the pics & videos!!

I can't say the Desert Jewel completed Pumpkin Eater because she took the escape route to come down the trail from the top to help winch the Kodiak Spirit back to life. After watching all the guys fight and fight (Kodiak spirit flopped and Malachi came extremely close to flopping)....literally taking almost 4 hours to get thru that one section, I decided it wasn't worth the risk with my daily driver.

After we were all thru and heading back to the Outlets for dinner at Quiggley's, I heard a loud clicking noise from the DJ. The guys checked it out and the rear driver wheel is loose. They think it's something with the bearings so once Jesse has a free night, he'll tear it apart to see what needs to be done. Thank you, Max, for making sure I made it home safely last night!

Those trails are nothing like they used to be!! I have always been passenger, so this was the first time I drove them myself and I don't remember them being so tough and torn up. Really a good challenge.

Thanks again to Jesse, Tori, Max, Mike, Kurt, Stuart and Dale for a great day!!

Comment

Fresh off the hard drive:

I'm uploading pics now, it will take a while. I spent the whole day taking pics and vids. I rode with Malachi; first time I've sat shotgun, ever! What a blast! The weather couldn't have been better, the trail was brutal, but the company ROCKED! Happy Birthday:cake: to Jesse And Julie, and welcome back to the real work Stuart! The "monkey" is looking good.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey, baby, que paso, .... all the way back to Del Taco?

J+J, thank you for a great time wheelin'. What a fantastic day! Jesse, you have the grip of an ape! garage lessons paid off! I was glad to get back to the "Eater" even with my tired winch! F-it, we all made it up and it was a day to remember ...goes in my book! Very nice company hope to se ya'll soon! Here's some pics....

There should be a program where you could put "red eye" in...
          :devil::devil:...

Best, Max7 / 309 3rd overall
          Last edited by Max7; 01-18-09, 09:10 PM.
          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

man jesse , that sucks !!! looks like you guys had a blast though ....

Comment

Really nice being back on the trail with you guys, its only been 3 months since that Jeep went for its little surgery. Glad you let me do my test run out there with you guys. Hope to hit another trail in the near future to see if all the bugs are worked out.
              moon buggy
              5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Awesome video and pic's!!!

Comment

Stuart, your Jeep's looking more like a buggy. Nice.
                  Jesse! I'm at a loss for words, except Damn!
                  I need a different line of work so I can wheel you guys in the winter time.

Comment

Monkey make it easy...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Desert Jewel

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                        thats cause i cheated !!!!
                        moon buggy
                        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
                          Max this video is so SWEET!!! I'm so happy you got it!

Comment

WOW! That flop was probably scarier looking in film than it was i n rel life! But, I'd be pissed if I did that to my Jeep!
                            Money pit!

Comment

What do you do for recreation?

You rubbed tiger balm on that trail's nuts!

Comment

Working...
                              X