Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I"m debating coming... My steering appears to not be in... I've been eyeballing bullfrog for months... I'll die if I don't get to run it. How hard is that trail on week (as in bent, and bent back a couple times) stock steering?
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      I"m debating coming... My steering appears to not be in... I've been eyeballing bullfrog for months... I'll die if I don't get to run it. How hard is that trail on week (as in bent, and bent back a couple times) stock steering?
      Mat,
      is your tie rod bending? If so, I have my stock spare, and can bring it for you if need be. If that will help you decide to go.
      EDIT: UNBENT tie rod...

Kurt

BTT
      Last edited by RAT; 02-20-09, 05:25 PM.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]What parts were bent??[/COLOR]

Comment

His lower was bent. He has some cool pics of the first and the second time it was bent.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Well materdaddy you got 2 options
            1 weld some angle iron on the tirerod or slip a piece of tubing or pipe over it to stiffen it up.
            Or see if another memver has a tierod that you can use for the run.
            Just slipping a piece of pipe or tubing over it will probably the easiest option and will get you to enjoy the bullfrog

Comment

Mat,
              is your tie rod bending? If so, I have my stock spare, and can bring it for you if need be. If that will help you decide to go.

Kurt

BTT
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                Mat,

Kurt

BTT
                Bend the first:

Bend the second:

Drag link = straight, Tie rod = Foobar. My TREs are a little loose too, so new steering was on order anyways.

Kurt, I'll take you up on the offer. If you can bring your stock (unbent) steering, I'll come!!! Also, do you still have those limiting straps you offered up a while ago?
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Sorry for the late notice, But I'm out guys. My jeep flat out wont start. I was doing a check over and lube this afternoon and went to start it and...........nothing! I'm guessing crank pos sensor. Will look at it more in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 4point View Post
                    Sorry for the late notice, But I'm out guys. My jeep flat out wont start. I was doing a check over and lube this afternoon and went to start it and...........nothing! I'm guessing crank pos sensor. Will look at it more in the morning.
                    Dang. Sorry to hear that Rob. Hopefully we can run some trails together soon.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

spark or fuel ???

A crank pos sensor,..been there and dealt with that. If it will NOT start at all then it's not (correct me if im wrong guys) a crank sensor. When it starts runs for 2 to say 10 minutes and then wont start for say 20 to 45 minutes then that is typical of a crank sensor as it "de-magentizes" after a short amount of time so it will then start again. I carry a replacement crank sensor and fuel pump in my rig as a result of such things...MATT
                      Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 02-20-09, 11:00 PM.
                      "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

RSVP is closed. I will be there, see ya'll in the morning.

Comment

Just because the RSVP is closed doesn't mean no one else can come. I hope to meet you there.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Morning..Anyone bringing a SWR I might need it I,m not sure yet..was messin with my CB and changed the location of my antenna..Thanks ya,ll see ya soon..Geeb
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

That sucks. I was looking forward to meeting you.
                              Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                                Morning..Anyone bringing a SWR I might need it I,m not sure yet..was messin with my CB and changed the location of my antenna..Thanks ya,ll see ya soon..Geeb
                                Geebo,

I'll try to find mine and bring it.

Oops! I just looked at the time, he's probably well on his way. I'll bring it any way.
                                Last edited by Roger; 02-21-09, 08:47 AM. Reason: Looked at my clock!
                                SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                                MJR moderator
                                MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                                Jeep Patrol Leader
                                Reforestation Supervisor
                                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                                Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                                X