Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew I shoulda had you all sign a waiver...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Max,
      Your DREAM Jeep?

Man I didn't realize that crack was quite so extensive. Glad your able to get it repaired. And Kevin is a really good guy, even if he drives a toy...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

No! ...alright, Yes.
        Best, Max7
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
          Hey Scott just so you know I'm running a 2" lift too! Just did a little sawzall work on the front end. Everyone said it could not be done with 33's, now I'm running 35's with VERY LITTLE rub! But having the complete underside covered with 1/4 plate is key... trust me, I drag it on everything! The last thing I thought would get it, got it. Now I am planning for a trans skid now... the last one I need, I think.?

Best, Max7
          Wow Max, you're on a 2" lift too! That definately doesn't hold you back at all.
          So all I have to do is get lower gears, lockers, lots of skid plates and go crazy with the sawzall. And I'm good 2 go.
          SWEET!

Man your tranny took a beating!
          My bent up oil pan seems like nothing compared to that.
          Hope you get her buttoned back up soon.
          Had a great time wheelin' with ya. And everyone else.
          Can't wait 'till the next run.
          (Hey Jesse, how's your li'l girl feel about another run?)

Scott

Comment

Great time wheelin with you too!

I smashed the trans on the AAT Run and already fixed it, now I just have to design the plate that will protect it and have it fabbed.

The 2" lift with Nth Tummy Tucker Skid, Cutting, and the biggest tires you can fit is only one way of tackling the concept of lift for less, lower cost and lower gravity. Scott, as others will share with you there are lots of options, If you want my advice take your time ask everyone all the questions you can about their lifts. Most importantly make your own choices based on your situation. One of the main things to think about starting with is what tire size you want, buy them, then build your rig. EVERYBODY seems to do that the opposite way... including myself!

Enjoy the journey!
            Best, Max7
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I smashed the trans on the AAT Run and already fixed it, now I just have to design the plate that will protect it and have it fabbed.

The 2" lift with Nth Tummy Tucker Skid, Cutting, and the biggest tires you can fit is only one way of tackling the concept of lift for less, lower cost and lower gravity. Scott, as others will share with you there are lots of options, If you want my advice take your time ask everyone all the questions you can about their lifts. Most importantly make your own choices based on your situation. One of the main things to think about starting with is what tire size you want, buy them, then build your rig. EVERYBODY seems to do that the opposite way... including myself!

Enjoy the journey!
              Best, Max7
              OH! I thought you did the trans damage Sat. night.
              Glad it's not so, we had enough carnage.

Yeah Max, That Tummy Tucker skid on the transfer case is the way to go. I was just looking at the Belly-up Skid by Teraflex. It's pretty much the same thing. It recommends a 1" body lift. I'm not a big fan of body lifts. But 1" aint much.
              I do like the idea of a lower center of gravity.
              Did you replace your lower control arms?
              Mine are all bent up. I was just wondering if an after market design can take more beating. Even without anymore lift?

I want to go with 35's eventually, but with 3:07's in the pumpkins I am prolly maxed out already with my 32's. But you've got me thinking along a whole new line.
              I might just get a set of Solid Axles complete with lower gears and lockers already in 'em. And skid plate everything.
              Then I could take her out just about anywhere and decide if I really need anymore lift.

Thanks for the input Max. I appreciate the no how that comes with experience.
              And anyone else is welcome to chime in. :shout:
              I'm green, looking to go Black Diamond!

Scott

Comment

Desertdog

Hey Scott lets move over to
                "Short & Stocky - General Tech" section and continue this conversation. See Ya there!
                Best, Max7

Comment

Pumpkin Eater is bad enough in the day time, especially at the notch and the 3 waterfalls, I wouldn't want to make that particular run at night. Fun trail but you guys have the balls doing that on a night run.
                  Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 08-12-08, 03:55 PM.
                  The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Hey Scott lets move over to
                    "Short & Stocky - General Tech" section and continue this conversation. See Ya there!
                    Best, Max7
                    Yeah, I was thinkin, it was a hijack.
                    Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X