This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Owners of California

Well, we now offer Open Runs as well as our signature Rubi Runs.

So, keep an eye on our site to see if we are going where you want to go.
    Last edited by sarah; 12-22-03, 01:09 PM.

now your talkin'!!! Sully

Comment

Re: Rubicon Owners of California

Originally posted by RussT
      Well, we now offer Open Runs as well as our signature Rubi Runs.
      Golly! You mean that us common folk could actually go on a trail with Jeep Rubicons?! Somebody catch me, I think I'm going to swoon...

Comment

Just can't please them all, so we do not TRY to.

If you feel common because we do our own thing, then that is your ....

Comment

I'm with Sully.

Besides, the new Rubis are the only Jeeps out there that aren't lifted. I don't feel so short.

Comment

Thanks, Sully.

Most of the Rubicons that have shown up for the Rubi Runs have been lifted, but not me. I'm a low-rider (stock) and I get by or over just fine.

Maybe some day on the trail...

Regards, Russ

Comment

Three posts...all of them self-serving

Welcome to the board, Russ. It's nice to see that you have been participating so actively on the board since joining.

Every one of your three posts has been for the sole purpose of obtaining hits for your webpage. You haven't participated in any of our other forums, ridden with us or even been particularly specific in inviting the MJR Jeepers for a particular run.

If you want to invite MJR Jeepers on a specific run, list it.

If you want to create a better webpresence for your group (probably a good idea), hire Sarah.

If you want to draw more attention to your Rubicon page (formerly of SoCal) from this website, pay for it.

All right enough said, I'm taking my Tamiflu and going to bed.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Just can't please them all, so we do not TRY to.

If you feel common because we do our own thing, then that is your ....
                Ahhh...perhaps I failed to exhibit the requisite amount of obsequiousness that most Rubicon owners tend to demand from those that do not own Rubicons...

Comment

Re: Three posts...all of them self-serving

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                  Welcome to the board, Russ. It's nice to see that you have been participating so actively on the board since joining.

Every one of your three posts has been for the sole purpose of obtaining hits for your webpage. You haven't participated in any of our other forums, ridden with us or even been particularly specific in inviting the MJR Jeepers for a particular run.

If you want to create a better webpresence for your group (probably a good idea), hire Sarah.

If you want to draw more attention to your Rubicon page (formerly of SoCal) from this website, pay for it.

well put.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

This secition is for listing a trail ride that you are going on. If you have one to list then list it. If not - join in on chats but don't just post to come to your web site and that is it.

We will gladly join in on some of your groups trial rides as you are welcome to join in on any of ours. We are a non discriminating group and don't subject any of our trail rides to a certain type of vehicle. Nor to we tell people that we will leave them behind if they don't make the 15 minute repair time limit.

So if you'd like to contribute to this forum then please do.
                    If your are having a run and would like to invite people then do so.
                    But be sure they know your rules before they go. No suprises

Kirk
                    Last edited by Cetrov; 12-22-03, 07:53 AM.
                    Kirk
                    1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Rules and guide lines for ROC - Just to let you know before you go.

Trail Guidelines
                      Suggestions:
                      1. Participation is limited to passengers licensed drivers of licensed vehicles with current registration and insurance.
                      2. Attend drivers meeting.
                      3. Seek guidance from follow all direction given by the Trailboss.
                      4. Participants vehicles should meet or exceed the Safety Check Checklist realizing that safety is your responsibility.
                      5. Stay on the Designated Trail
                      6. TREAD lightly.
                      7. If you stop along the trial, notify the Trailboss immediately. Pull off the trail for repairs, lunch, potty stops, etc. There may be others behind you that are anxious to move along the trail.
                      8. Always wait for the vehicle behind you at all trail intersections.
                      9. Keep up with the vehicle ahead of you when it is SAFE to do so.
                      10. It's illegal to have open alcoholic beverages on the trail.
                      11. Haul it in, haul it out + more. Carry your trash out with you. Be a responsible 4Wheeler and pickup any trash along the trail.
                      12.The trailboss will designate an individual as 'Tail Gate Charlie' to be the last vehicle in the party. Tail Gate Charlie will keep in communications with the Trail Boss.
                      13. Breakdowns: Take a few minutes to figure out what broke. Allow a reasonable time for repairs, say 15 minutes or so. If the repairs are going to take a long time, the group will have to move on. Your options are to:
                      1) Leave it and return for it later.
                      2) Tow it out.
                      3) Stay and finish the repairs. Your Trail Boss can help in deciding what to do, but the Trail Boss has the responsibility to keep the group moving. (this is where your trail buddy takes on some responsibility).
                      14. Vehicle recovery: Remember to stay clear during vehicle recovery.
                      15. Try to always have a sense of humor, a good attitude and use common sense.
                      Respect the land. Be considerate to all.
                      Remember, we're all here to have fun . . . . . safely!
                      Kirk
                      1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

This is what I get for copying from some other Jeep club's rules.

There may be a case where the group would go on while the wounded rig stays behind with another vehicle. But, I would never appove of leaving anyone helpless on the trail nor would any trail boss that is associated with ROC.

Pick on us all you want, if this is how you like to spend your time and life.

Merry Christmas!
                        Last edited by sarah; 12-22-03, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Yeeesh, a Jeep's a Jeep. Get over it everyone.

Comment

This is what I get for copying from some other Jeep club's rules.

There may be a case where the group would go on while the wounded rig stays behind with another vehicle. But, I would never appove of leaving anyone helpless on the trail nor would any trail boss that is associated with ROC.

Pick on us all you want, if this is how you like to spend your time and life.

I do not have the time or intrest in responding to the hate mongers who feed on their own anger and seek others to cut down.

Have your moderator delete my account if I am doing wrong by this site's standards, otherwise, chill out.

Merry Christmas!
                            1st off, I wouldn't call people here hate mongers. It just so happens that the members here do not understand the mentality of "rubicon only" runs. It is kinda like "YJ only" runs. It doesn't make sense [to members here]. We are all jeep enthusiasts, and invite all kinds of jeeps on our runs, provided they are equipped for the trail we are running. We even have non-jeep vehicles attend some of the runs. We are there to enjoy a day of 4-wheeling, no matter what kind of vehicle you brought.

Second, if I were to start a club, I would not simply copy another clubs rules without reading them first! You have a decent looking site, and some good looking jeeps. I am sure they are a great bunch of people. But the "rubicon only" runs do come off as elitist (even to me, a rubicon owner). Rubicons are great vehicles, and perform extremely well. I got over the rubicon trail with only a few scratches, and some banged up skid plates, only taking a strap one time. All while bone stock with the exception of a couple of a steering box skid and some LCA skids. But at the end of the day, they are still nothing more than a jeep wrangler with a couple of really cool options.
                            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Re: Three posts...all of them self-serving

Originally posted by jmbrowning

I couldn't have put it better. Thanks, man.
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X