Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics pics and more pics!

Here are some quick galleries to get the pics up. The full versions will be up soon. The galleries are scaled versions of the pics. John's and Sean's galleries only contain the ones I dumped on my laptop at camp.

John's pics ... click to download the entire gallery as one ZIP file (18MB).

Sean's pics ... click to download the gallery as one ZIP file (18MB).

ALL my pics ... click to download the gallery as one ZIP file (31MB).

As stated above, the full pics will follow as soon as I finish uploading them. If you have more pics and you can get them to me, I can put them in these galleries (so for now, they are temporary).
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

these pictures are making me excited for my trip coming in less than 2 weeks! cant wait!!!

weather looked to be pretty good huh?
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Weather was just perfect. It got a bit hot on the trail on the first day (friday) but the saturday we spent at Rubicon Springs was absolutely perfect. The water started off chilly in the morning but as the rocks warmed up in the sun, you could easily just lay in the stream in the afternoon or swim for a few minutes at a time in the deeper sections and then go back on the rocks and get more sun!

Friday night did get a bit cold but again Saturday night ended up being perfect temperature ... I don't know exactly what it was but it couldn't have been lower than mid 50's I would guess.
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
          these pictures are making me excited for my trip coming in less than 2 weeks! cant wait!!!

weather looked to be pretty good huh?
          When are you going up there. I am thinking of running it only for a day on August 10. Pm me.
          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

The photos are awsome, thanks Seaphan!! Can't wait for next year!!!
            That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Video of Caddilac Hill ... I have a couple more I'll be uploading to youtube soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkjUblAQf0g

Note that you can watch it in high quality (there's a link on the bottom right of the video).

Comment

Thanks!

Seapahn,

Pics came out great! All of my images are 2.5 to 4mb each. About 1.4gbs! How do I get them to you?

Thanks,

Gerald
                http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

PM sent. If anyone else needs some way to send me pics, let me know.

Comment

I should have gone with you guys. I'm sorry I could not make it.

I ended up going on the Jamboree. I just got back.

The trail was great, but the Jamboree was not good this year. I've been for five years but I have to say that I think I'm done with Jamborees.

First, in prior years the food was great. This year the food was awful. Secondly in prior years there was a band for entertainment in the evening. This year there was no band. Also, in prior years there was a photographer on the trail who took your picture and then sold it to you as a poster. Again, not this year.

The other problem is that they divide the group into three sections, based on tire size and modifications. There are a fair number of relatively stock Jeeps. On several spots along the trail the jamboree folks would block the main obstacle and make everyone take the bypass. In other words, they dumb the trail down to the least capable vehicle because not all vehicles would make the obstacle, or there would be breakage. Frankly I didn't drive 1,000 miles roundtrip to take bypasses. They should have allowed those of us with modified vehicles to take the obstacle.

...And it was $350 per person!

By the way, there were two roll overs in the group and Cadillac Hill was the highlight of the trip.

Here are a few pics from the cheapo disposable camera.

92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

where is that second to last picture? I thought it was just past lil sluice, but doesnt look like it. Is it Soup Bowl?

and was the abandon cherokee just past the lil sluice still there? near your 3d down picture?
                      On our way back through the trail we drove up that (where you are coming down)
                      Last edited by miguelitojeep97; 08-20-08, 09:49 AM.
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                        where is that second to last picture? I thought it was just past lil sluice, but doesnt look like it. Is it Soup Bowl?

and was the abandon cherokee just past the lil sluice still there? near your 3d down picture?
                        On our way back through the trail we drove up that (where you are coming down)
                        I don't know. It all blurs together for me.

That third picture down is called thousand dollar hill.
                        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Paul,

Everyone put this on your caledar for next year. 17-19 July 2009.

Start planning now for next year.
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
                            Paul,

Everyone put this on your caledar for next year. 17-19 July 2009.

Start planning now for next year.
                            I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                            X