Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'll try and get up there as well(#1001).I spoke with the forestry and they said all trails will be open on the 10th so I guess it will officially be open for the season?How far up Piru Creek can you actually go?Can you get to that one spot with all the gold just setting there in 4oz bars?
    How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

I always like to help clean up the trails and keep the forests clean, I just did a clean up run down the road from there at BC109. I just got my XJ and so far I got a rear axel setup with a detroit locker and 4.56 gears 32s for the tires, Will have to see if I can get the lift and front gears in by then. Would it be only jeeps I got a good suburban 4x4 that likes that trail!

Comment

Originally posted by justin_502 View Post
        I always like to help clean up the trails and keep the forests clean, I just did a clean up run down the road from there at BC109. I just got my XJ and so far I got a rear axel setup with a detroit locker and 4.56 gears 32s for the tires, Will have to see if I can get the lift and front gears in by then. Would it be only jeeps I got a good suburban 4x4 that likes that trail!

We should get you to squeeze that big ole suburban thru the tight overgrown areas and make room for all our little Jeeps! I'm sure following you in that beast would eliminate much of the pinstriping. Can't wait for this trip . . . see you all up there
        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          We should get you to squeeze that big ole suburban thru the tight overgrown areas and make room for all our little Jeeps! I'm sure following you in that beast would eliminate much of the pinstriping. Can't wait for this trip . . . see you all up there
          Hey you are right lol at bc109 we had some real tight trails with lot of trees hanging over, the fj cruisers were glad to be behind me! I can also bring up 6 helpers with me. and with my built 454 I can tug a few jeeps up a hill at the same time!

Comment

I'm in!!

As long as a job doesn't come up.....I'll be there.
            Do we have a roster going? Maybe I missed it....

Quick question, though.... My friend just bought a new Sahara 4 door, it's still stock, but he's had it two weeks and has been dying to take it out.
            I told him about our trip here, and as I thought about it, I wanted to ask here if anyone thinks that he wouldn't be able to make it. I mean besides not having the lockers, he doesn't have the most aggressive tire on there, you know, what ever factory put on.
            I know there will be plenty of us, but then again, I don't want to tell someone to go if it would hold us up.
            David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
            I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Orange View Post
              As long as a job doesn't come up.....I'll be there.
              Do we have a roster going? Maybe I missed it....

Quick question, though.... My friend just bought a new Sahara 4 door, it's still stock, but he's had it two weeks and has been dying to take it out.
              I told him about our trip here, and as I thought about it, I wanted to ask here if anyone thinks that he wouldn't be able to make it. I mean besides not having the lockers, he doesn't have the most aggressive tire on there, you know, what ever factory put on.
              I posted on the Pirate Board that a rear traction aid device is needed as we are going to be on a time schedule. And also we will probably have a Ranger who will now be be going with us and I would like it to go smoothly if you catch my drift
              but we can always put him in between some other well equipped jeeps to help him thru.
              2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by ediot View Post
                How far up Piru Creek can you actually go?Can you get to that one spot with all the gold just setting there in 4oz bars?
                We will be sending a Select few to survey Piru Creek a local Tony Becker will be leading that group.
                Keep in mind that that trail is closed. The Forrest service needs to see how bad its impacted from previous trail use and see if we can reopen it.

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

We will be sending a Select few to survey Piru Creek a local Tony Becker will be leading that group.

I would love to be part of Tony's group,I've never been in the cool club:geek:J/K. Maybe Tony will remember my great grandfather that lived and mined on the 118 back in the late 50's?Hope to see you all there!
                  How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Will not be able to go on the run, as I lost a tire, slashed a sidewall in El Mirage last week-end, and also got my Jeep torn apart,, Installing a roll cage. Have fun take lots of pics
                    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Liar....

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                      Yeah.....I should be there. Should be interesting..
                      :tumble: :hide: :tumble:
                      .......:log:......
                      Hmmmm...What time are you leaving, Josh???

Comment

my jeep has problems. can I ride with you?
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                          my jeep has problems. can I ride with you?
                          Sure....You can take the pictures

Comment

Mark you can make it. Slow and easy...

Comment

What a great day of wheelin'. Had a great time with some of the usual MJR gang, but also had a chance to meet some of the Pt. Magu guys too. Thanks for the invite . . . can't wait for the next trip
                              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

It was good to see you all again We had a great turnout and we made a difference. Leigh from the Forrest Service will OK the trail to Open, Within a week
                                It makes things like this worth the effort to coordinate vionteer work.
                                BTW Yellow Jacket Trail might need a new Group to Adopt it. What do you guys think? Hint Hint?

Comment

Working...
                                X