Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Miller Trail RECON with USFS

Just got off the phone with Tom Kuekes of the Forest Service. He would like to get a crew for recon on the Jeep Miller trail. He said he is limited resources for Forrest Rangers to go on the trail so he is asking for our help.

We will be the first people on the trail since winter closure so be prepared.

I would like to see at least 1 locker on each vehicle to keep a good pace on the trail. Also pack a lunch we will stop at Sunset Camp.

We will also like everyone to bring trash bags as we will do some clean up as we go.

We set a date of May 10th Saturday 9am to meet at the Forrest Station in Frazier Park. We will be at the Flying J at 730-800 am for breakfast then to the Ranger station Our Contact there is Mary Brady.

I do hope to see a few of you there its always nice to wheel with you all.
    Last edited by New2image; 04-24-08, 11:25 AM.
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Miller Trial

I'm in; I'll bring a roll of 6mil clear bags (33"x50") that has 75 bags per roll (should be enough for everyone). What time will we meet at the Ranger station? There will be two other jeeps as well.

Keith
    Last edited by INTO4XN; 04-24-08, 05:32 PM.

Comment

If the calender is free that day, I'm in.

Comment

Hey Josh where are you? Ready to wheel there buddy!

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Count me in! Can't wait to get back up there and see what the trails like after all the rain/snow last year. I can't imagine that it'll take too much arm twisting to get Josh, Rick, and David up there too
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
            Hey Josh where are you? Ready to wheel there buddy!
            Yeah.....I should be there. Should be interesting..
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I,ll do my best to get there..it,s close enough, and so far open..Geeb..
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

That's great! I ran Miller the first time after opening from last winter. It's bitchin being the first ones on. The trail changed alot, so you should have fun this time round. Don't think I can make it, but maybe...

Rat
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                  I,ll do my best to get there..it,s close enough, and so far open..Geeb..
                  Making this one would make up for missing the last trip!!! I think Miller was where I first met you and Steve . . . what happened to the guy in the CJ that sliced his vein that day . . . where's he been hiding?:hide: Speaking of which . . . we should get Steve up there too . . . never hurts to have a medic on scene with this group Can't wait for this trip . . . hope to see you all up there.

I'll bring my Calico Clean Up bag and my shovel . . . I've got a fire axe too if you think one might come in handy.
                  Last edited by Schmo; 04-24-08, 07:29 PM.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I'll be up there to give a hand.
                    [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

I am not going to bring any tools. I will wear my supervisor clothes and some Iced tea
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I am in,,,,,, will be going out 3 week-ends in a row, starting with this week-end to El Mirage,,,,, sounds pretty good to me.
                        06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                        07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post
                          I'll be up there to give a hand.
                          Nice to hear from you Lawrence. Now I get to check out the rig.

Comment

Hey Schmo, the guy that cut his arm is Phenoix,(Dale) he went on the Calico camp run...I,m sure Steve will go if he has the chance..Geeb..
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I have a Xj w/ 31's and a 3" lift. I'm locked front and rear, w/ 4/11's but don't have much clearance in the wheel wells. Think I'll manage?

Comment

Working...
                              X