Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have been happy to just see any part of the Calico area during the cleanup instead I got to watch semis rumble by on the 15 fwy and watch a bum run from us when we approached his "home" in the bushes. It was depressing and all i could think about was why wasn't some damn prison crew doing the cleanup we were doing. My point is that the area we worked sucked and was no where near Calico proper so it didn't feel the same as if we had been closer to the actual Calico trail areas. Doing that actual clean up work was fine and I am happy to help clean up any part of the desert but it wasn't an area where any wheeling takes place at all. After we were done w/ the clean up we went back into the Calico area so folks in my group that had never been to Calico could at least get a taste. I am happy to have helped in any way I could but I really think they should figure out a different time or way to clean up the area we were in next year.
    I sure hope I am not coming across as bitter, just calling it like I saw it and mentioning how others mentioned they felt about that particular area.
    Really looking forward to next year and/or the next place that needs cleaning. I almost always leave every trail w/ a garbage bag of stuff I find.

Comment

You know HotRod, you guys rocked that spot! Next year if you git some lame spot, just let the organizers know and go somewhere else... it is all volunteer after all. I am sure the BLM office is the one that requested that spot be included... last year there was a large group doing the dry lake and that wasn't all that exciting either.

We hear you though! good rant!
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        To whomever owns the blue CJ without doors and a bikini top, what size tires are you running and how high is your lift?

Thanks!
        I'm running 35" BFGs compliments of Old Fart" on a set of Holbrook Specialties longleaf springs. Lifts it up to about 3"(+) IIRC. Plus I put another 1-1/2" or so on with longer greasable shackles.

The old man needs some work...but thanks for asking.
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi guys,
          It was good to meet some of you guys, I think I meet Rat Patrol and a few others, I was working the RC car booth.
          Hope to see some of you at TDS. I have a few pics of the clean up I'll post tonight after work.

Comment

i couldnt find any pics of that red tj that looks to be the poly one
            starvin student...

Comment

Hi all

I am getting ready to write a little article for United Four Wheel Drive Associations Voice magazine, and would like to have permission to use a few of the photos from this thread?

If anyone has any objections, please let me know.

UFWDA works to keep trails open for all 4X4 users of our public lands.
              This article is to show what the users give back to the public lands for our right to use them in a responsible way, even though others continue to trash some of the trails and deserts.

Thanks

Todd
              Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
              Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster View Post
                Hi all

I am getting ready to write a little article for United Four Wheel Drive Associations Voice magazine, and would like to have permission to use a few of the photos from this thread?

This article is to show what the users give back to the public lands for our right to use them in a responsible way, even though others continue to trash some of the trails and deserts.

Thanks

Todd
                Todd, you can use whatever pics I have on here. You're welcome to them.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Navy-Jeepster View Post
                  Hi all

Thanks

Todd
                  Todd,

I have a few here: http://jeep.matandtiff.com/gallery/2...-cleanup-2008/

Feel free to use them as well.

Mat
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

You can use any pictures I took on one condition. Show us where they were published. I'd love to see my pics in flyers and such.:thumbs_up Several of my pics have been used in the District 37 news letter.
                    Check out .

Comment

Working...
                    X