Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calico Clean Up Event Report

just pulled in from the clean up in barstow .what a fun day .took my daughter with me and we proceeded to clean up the desert .got back to the sign up area just in time for a burger and a dog and she talked me into 20.00 big ones of raffle tickets .bingo our # was called and we recieved a 250.00 gift cert from marlin crawler ,thank you and a 40 % off cert from power tank also .thank you too .all in all it was a picture perfect day and we will for sure be back next year .!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an awesome day and it was so cool hanging out and meeting all you cool people. Looking forward to going out again and going on some cool runs.
    Last edited by CalFireGuy; 02-16-08, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Had a blast, got sunburned nice, met some cool folks, saw some old friends, cleaned up a lot of trash, saw an AWESOME mix of killer off road rigs, one of my best B-day weekends ever!!
      Looking forward to next years clean up.
      John

Comment

I had to leave before the BBQ, my wife was sick so I went home. I had a good time, best part was the night run, awesome. Now I want to hook up some rock lights. See everyone on the next run.
        Scott

Comment

Well this turned out to be a great day! A little cool in the morning and then warming up to a perfect day. I know that there will be a whole lot of photo's from the entire weekend, so here are a few from Saturday.

Mitch - great88

9:00am line up at Mule Canyon / 34 rigs showed up!

Heading up Mule Canyon

Follow the leader

End of the clean up trail.

Cool 4x4 Trailer

Someone missed the Sign, and started picking up the "Historic" cans in Tin Can Alley. Opps!!!!!

Articulation Ramp

Big Flex!!!!!!
          Last edited by Mitch; 02-16-08, 11:34 PM.

Comment

i had a great time meet lot of people ,didnt win any thing , that wasnt good, lol, but it was a great day il be therenext year
            :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

What a beautiful day with the sun shining bright and Jeeps of almost every model, many different types of Toyotas, Broncos, Mogs, H1’s, etc, etc. It was one of the coolest varieties of off road vehicles I have ever seen in one place. There was a great selection of raffle prizes, free food, vendor displays, an RTI ramp and cool stuff to see at the Desert Discovery center in Barstow which was the staging area for the event.
              LOST JEEPS had six vehicles in attendance w/ 10 people. What a great day! Here are some pics.

Only a small portion of what our group cleaned up in one small area.

Some RTI Ramp pics:

Even Nolan got in on it in the KJ.

The LOST JEEPS folks went and checked out a little of the Calico wheeling areas afterward:

Nolan

Nannette

Ludlow

Kelly

Ed V.

Of course I couldn’t fit……so I took it out on this rock

Comment

Chuck,

Quit having so much fun, get home and post your pic's! We are all waiting. Good to see you guys on Saturday.

Comment

cool pics man.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

well did the suspension work well
                    :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

man what a great weekend hey mitch chuck and max stayed another night kucky guys if i didnt have to work id be there with them great seeing everyone
                      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

nice pics, it was a good fun day. i spotted a few MJR members out there.

i was running comms for a run of like 50 rigs... that was interesting.

lots more stuff comming up on the calendar, see you guys on the trail.
                        -Steven
                        Rugged Rocks Off Road Nissan 4x4 stuff

Comment

Another great event and a wonderful MJR turnout! As mentioned above, we had 34 MJR rigs in attendance. We all headed up north of Calico peak to clean up a remote area trashed by shooters. We completed the task and headed back to staging for lunch, a self-guided tour of the Discovery Center and the raffle. While waiting for the raffle to begin, a few of us met with Rose from the BLM who pointed out a couple of interesting places to visit in the Calico area, including the 'end of the world' and a spring not far from Odessa Trail. We will surely have to factor those in to the IDTT 08!

It was great to see everyone again - it's been a long winter! For those of you whom Rick and I were able to meet and chat with a bit, we had a wonderful time and are looking forward to seeing you again soon! For those of you (like 50YJ), we tried and tried but just couldn't be in the right place at the right time. We headed back to camp and stayed until the night run. Yeah, we're wussies, but there's nothing like your own warm bed when it's 35° out.

Thanks again to everyone for coming out to represent MJR. You guys and gals rock!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Calico

Just rolled in from the road and have a minute to post the first of 200+ pics. The rest will be up at photbucket tomorrow. Had a great time as usual, lots of MJR rock heads there. Did some cleaning, some night runs, and found lots of dead ends...
                            Ya'all know who you are, you made the trip worth every minute.

ERIK on Odessa

Home sweet home

13 yeear old Cody driving the Rat Patrol up Doran. This kid will put some of us olders to shame!

I took alot of these photos standing up in the paasenger seat while Cody drove

Anyone want a taco?

I didn't take any pics of the clean up because I drove Roger around to video the event. He'll have to put up what he has.

I'll get the rest of my stuff up at the bucket tomorrow. I'm going home to a HOT shower...
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
                              well did the suspension work well

yeah suspension was great. scored a 1033 on ramp. got hung up during night run. next day went up doran with group. i left group and found some bonus trails in back. huge rocks. will have to go there next time. found the cabin everyone else was looking at. then found a huge mineshaft in back with beams going across. looked pretty deep. will have to climb down next time out. then came down odessa. was great took it nice and slow and enjoyed it.

we will have to plan another trip soon.
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                              X