Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Joe, I have no idea if that has changed..Really we just wanna get the jeeps out, we,ll do Last Chance for sure...Guess we,ll have to wait and see what,s doin with Night Mare Gulch..Hope you can make it..BTW what time do we plan on leaving? probably a little after dark....Geeb..
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Shoot, is the Gulch closed right now?...
      That's the area I wanted to check out.
      Although, I haven't seen the pinnacles or the other mines in the area.

Come to think of it, I think you can still go in of the 14, but after a certain point, 'it says not to go past this point at this time of....'
      After a little bit, you just end up veering left (northeast).
      I'm, now I am not sure....hey Steve, did you get a chance to look at the tracks I sent you?
      Don't you think we could go where the marker is and still be in 'the safe zone'?
      David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
      I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

David...I never got the email!?!? Resend it please.

KG6DFH (AT) HOTMAIL.COM

I might be having issues with the weekend. My boss told me tonight that I might have to work on Saturday. He said he'll give me the for sure on Thursday. F#@K!!!

Comment

Steve, you had plans for this weekend for awhile now, I know our business tell him to go fly a kite..who,s plans are more important his or yours? Think about it..He most likely has a T time LOL...
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by highway420 View Post
            Shoot, is the Gulch closed right now?...
            That's the area I wanted to check out.
            Although, I haven't seen the pinnacles or the other mines in the area.

Come to think of it, I think you can still go in of the 14, but after a certain point, 'it says not to go past this point at this time of....'
            After a little bit, you just end up veering left (northeast).
            I'm, now I am not sure....hey Steve, did you get a chance to look at the tracks I sent you?
            Don't you think we could go where the marker is and still be in 'the safe zone'?
            Gulch is closed the first half of the month.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Nightmare Gulch is open to motor vehicles the 2nd half of each month from July to January; it is closed from February to June.

Comment

Yeah, I remember seeing a sign that said something like that, only I was still able to go in quite a bit from the west side (HWY14) for a little bit before any signage was posted. That's when I veered left.

Are you guys saying that you can't go in off that side at all those times?
                For the most part, the trail seemed to start off just above the wash, and stay out of it, until the middle where it came down in to the wash and had the sign.

Steve, I just sent the files over to you again.....
                David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

David,
                  Got your email and files. Your obstacle is not in Nightmare Gulch. I replied to the email with a jpg image of the Topo map of Nightmare Gulch, with your obstacle included.

Looks cool, but unfortunately, I'm out of the run. I think at this point it was only Geebo and I, so I only have to deal with him kicking my a$$.

Sorry.

Comment

That's a bummer Steve . . . hope you can make it out next time!

So what's the deal guys? I'm still up for wheelin . . . and after missing the M&G last weekend, will be pretty bummed if I don't get out there! I don't know the Red Rock area well enough to lead a group by any stretch. Does anyone else who was planning on going know the area well? If not, it seems like just about everybody on this thread is from the same general area . . . let's get something going. I don't know about you, but John Bull kicked my @ss in the summer without 2' of snow so needless to say I won't be going on the other run on the 12th! A few options . . . Frazier Park (probably snow)& Gorman are probably the closest, but the Rincon Trail & Cucamonga Big Tree Trail are also pretty close and look to be in the same general area and we might be able to run Cucamonga and then hit Rincon on the way back, Cleghorn & Santiago Peak are a bit further but not quite as bad as Big Bear, Death Valley, etc.

Looks like Miller is closed . . . maybe due to all the snow/mud. There's also a run coming up on the 26th in Red Rock, looks like they are running Nightmare Gultch as it will be the 2nd half of the month and the last weekend to run it til summer.
                    Last edited by Schmo; 01-09-08, 11:06 PM.
                    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      That's a bummer Steve . . . hope you can make it out next time!

So what's the deal guys? I'm still up for wheelin . . . and after missing the M&G last weekend, will be pretty bummed if I don't get out there! I don't know the Red Rock area well enough to lead a group by any stretch. Does anyone else who was planning on going know the area well? If not, it seems like just about everybody on this thread is from the same general area . . . let's get something going. I don't know about you, but John Bull kicked my @ss in the summer without 2' of snow so needless to say I won't be going on the other run on the 12th! A few options . . . Frazier Park (probably snow)& Gorman are probably the closest, but the Rincon Trail & Cucamonga Big Tree Trail are also pretty close and look to be in the same general area and we might be able to run Cucamonga and then hit Rincon on the way back, Cleghorn & Santiago Peak are a bit further but not quite as bad as Big Bear, Death Valley, etc.
                      Hey Joe, Just FYI, Cucamonga Big Tree is almost literally in my front yard (I can see it from my front door) and I have never driven it because it is permanently closed (for now). I checked the Rincon Shortcut, and Edison is doing some work in the area so it is closed until Spring.

You have a Rubi, you can make the Snow Run! Come on! You know you want to....
                      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                        You have a Rubi, you can make the Snow Run! Come on! You know you want to....
                        Funny story . . . especailly seeing that it's not you . . . So you know how my job has been up in the air as we've been going thru layoffs, right? Well on Monday, after weeks of wondering if I'll actually have a job in the new year, they pull us in and tell us the layoffs are over! So I'm thinkin' SWEET!!! I'm going wheelin' and was figuring I'd press my luck a bit more knowing that I've have the means to fix my rig in case of a OH SH*T momment. Tuesday morning rumors of the company going bankrupt hit and our stock is in the toilet. So remain seated please as the ride has apparently NOT come to a full and complete stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                          Funny story . . . especailly seeing that it's not you . . . So you know how my job has been up in the air as we've been going thru layoffs, right? Well on Monday, after weeks of wondering if I'll actually have a job in the new year, they pull us in and tell us the layoffs are over! So I'm thinkin' SWEET!!! I'm going wheelin' and was figuring I'd press my luck a bit more knowing that I've have the means to fix my rig in case of a OH SH*T momment. Tuesday morning rumors of the company going bankrupt hit and our stock is in the toilet. So remain seated please as the ride has apparently NOT come to a full and complete stop!
                          DUDE! No Buena! Still, any excuse to escape the day-to-day anxiety is still a good thing...

So, are ya in for the snow run or what....
                          PS: Check your PMs.
                          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                            DUDE! No Buena! Still, any excuse to escape the day-to-day anxiety is still a good thing...

So, are ya in for the snow run or what....
                            PS: Check your PMs.

Very true I'm just not sure if running JB in the snow is going to eliminate or create anxiety!!!

Comment

I am still available to go to the desert, is the run on or off?

Comment

Originally posted by smack2020 View Post
                                I am still available to go to the desert, is the run on or off?
                                Hey smack2020 . . . I'd still like to get out there . . . do you know the area well enough to lead? I could get us to the trailhead but once you get thru the rock garden area and V notch, there's a bunch of trails and I'd worry I'd get us lost. Frazier Park/Gorman would be an alternate area to check out and pretty close to all of us?

Update: Miller, Rowher, Cucamonga Big Tree, and Rincon are closed . . . we're running out options here guys

Comment

Working...
                                X