Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like we're leaving fontana around noon on friday.
    Rugged Rocks Off Road Nissan 4x4 stuff

Comment

imleaving aroud noon friday shouldbe ariving around 300
      :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by OffRoadFreak View Post
        I'm in Orange and work till 6 on friday but I want to make it out there friday night. can someone please post directions there from......lets say.....the 55fwy and the 5 interchange. thanks. I'd also like to hook up with someone down there so i'm not going solo if you know what i mean.
        Brandon,
        If you're leaving from Orange at 6pm on Fri, you might not make it until Saturday morning! LOL! Because of the traffic, I suggest taking I-5 to Oceanside, then CA-78 to Ocotillo Wells. Two years ago, (when the event was at Truckhaven), I left LA at 3pm, and didn't get to Indio until 9 pm. Be sure to bring someone along with you so you can use the HOV lane! Al (Igofshn) will post directions to the MJR campsite once he gets there.
        Last edited by Russ Chung; 02-27-08, 10:09 PM.
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
          Brandon,
          If you're leaving from Orange at 6pm on Fri, you might not make it until Saturday morning! LOL! Because of the traffic, I suggest taking I-5 to Oceanside, then CA-78 to Ocotillo Wells. Two years ago, (when the event was at Truckhaven), I left LA at 3pm, and didn't get to Indio until 9 pm. Be sure to bring someone along with you so you can use the HOV lane! Al (Igofshn) will post directions to the MJR campsite once he gets there.
          Thanks Russ, my buddy Brady will be going with and I built a new sound system so I'll be set there. Ya I've never been down there so I don't even know where to exit from the 78.
          OffRoadFreak AKA Flying Dutchman. 1999 TJ. RE 4.5". 1" body lift. D44 F&R, Lockers F&R, 35" MTRs, Guts to try...well..almost anything.

Comment

Thanks Russ, my buddy Brady will be going with and I built a new sound system so I'll be set there. Ya I've never been down there so I don't even know where to exit from the 78.
            There's a map in the TDS Desert Safari brochure. Click here to get to the TDS Desert Safari site.
            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
            KI6MLU

Comment

You don't so much "exit" as you do "turn off". the 78 starts off in Oceanside as a 3 lane freeway but once you're to Escondido it takes some streets and ends up a 1 lane road through twisty Ramona/Julian mountain roads until it straightens out to Ocotillo.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hot off the presses: Camp is at the corner of Main Street and Quarry Road. Drive in about a mile and you will see the yellow MJR banner.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

sweet! will be rolling in Friday night, I hope to git there B4 8pm... & still have time for sum beers I hope!
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                    Hot off the presses: Camp is at the corner of Main Street and Quarry Road. Drive in about a mile and you will see the yellow MJR banner.
                    I dont think Quarry road will have a street sign.

GPS location....
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

PM sent Britain.

is there anyway to look up GPS coordinates online? like google maps or something?
                      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                        PM sent Britain.

is there anyway to look up GPS coordinates online? like google maps or something?
                        Punch a set of GPS coordinates in google maps. It's that easy! It seems degrees work as well as degree/minutes in google maps. I wouldn't be surprised if degree/minutes/seconds works as well.

Use this to help understand coordinates:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geograp...rdinate_system
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

cool thanks!
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I just talked to Al. They are on the right side of Main Street, he said you can't miss them. Russ gave the coordinates:

N 33.09.496
                            W 116.08.904
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

heading out late tonight..see you all there

Comment

I be danged there is a street sign! Stopped in said hello to Al, Todd and Russ...the big blow was on and the rest were trying to save someones tent.

Didnt do any of the local wheeling.
                                97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                                WEB site

Comment

Working...
                                X