• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments needed concerning trail closures in Big Bear

http://a123.g.akamai.net/7/123/11558...LT2_199510.pdf

We have 30 days to submit comments.
    http://data.ecosystem-management.org...?project=38938

I need some time to study the maps to see exactly what is affected. Stay tuned to this thread for updates.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
    http://a123.g.akamai.net/7/123/11558...LT2_199510.pdf

We have 30 days to submit comments.
    http://data.ecosystem-management.org...?project=38938

I need some time to study the maps to see exactly what is affected. Stay tuned to this thread for updates.
    I saw the post from greg on yg. Ill check out the maps tonight.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Tile 1 proposed action

Current MVUM of Tile 1
      Last edited by FishPOET; 07-25-12, 10:55 AM.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Tile 2 proposed action

Current MVUM of Tile 2

Comment

Is this the place to submit comments?

Submitting Comments
          If you wish to submit a comment, please send it to:

https://cara.ecosystem-management.or...?Project=38938
          Scott Eliason
          Big Bear Ranger District
          P.O. Box 290, 41397 North Shore Dr. Hwy 38, Fawnskin, CA, 92333
          seliason@fs.fed.us
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
            Is this the place to submit comments?

Submitting Comments
            If you wish to submit a comment, please send it to:

https://cara.ecosystem-management.or...?Project=38938
            Scott Eliason
            Big Bear Ranger District
            P.O. Box 290, 41397 North Shore Dr. Hwy 38, Fawnskin, CA, 92333
            seliason@fs.fed.us

Comment

Tile 3 proposed action

Current MVUM for tile 3

Losing 2N04X is a terrible blow as it has the most spectacular yellow post campsite on the mountain.

Comment

Tile 4 proposed action

Current MVUM for tile 4

By closing the northern section of 2N86 we lose a wonderful yellow post site. One of my top 3 yellow post sites on the mountain.

Comment

Tile 5 proposed action

Current MVUM for tile 5
                  Last edited by FishPOET; 07-25-12, 10:56 AM.

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Doug, this may be pre-mature as there is no final decision about closing & opening trails...

Your question about mixed use vs. non-motorized vs. green sticker vs. highway legal only is a big one. I'm not familiar enough will all of the different trails in SBNF to look at a map and see what's going on.

Has there been any discussion concerning the "loss" of yellow post sites? Are they just going to do away with them or move them to other locations? Perhaps they trying to force people to pay for camping to raise revenues.[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yellow Post campsites are temporary. Some get closed. Some get moved. Some have been in the same location for 20 years.

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]I guess I was trying to say, thanks for spelling this out for those of us that don't really know how this will impact us personally.[/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Doug,

The [COLOR="seagreen"]GREEN[/COLOR] lines are defined as "rehab an unauthorized/unclassified route". To me, that means that the route remains an illegal/unclassified route, and rehab means to plant trees and place boulders in order to camouflage the trail and prevent motorized vehicles from using it.

[COLOR="red"]RED[/COLOR] (change to admin use), [COLOR="blue"]DARK BLUE[/COLOR] (closed to decom), [COLOR="seagreen"]GREEN[/COLOR] (rehab) and [COLOR="yellow"]YELLOW[/COLOR] (decom) mean that those routes will be closed to motorized vehicles.

Only the [COLOR="cyan"]LIGHT BLUE[/COLOR] routes are defined as "convert to trail". The only routes I saw in [COLOR="cyan"]LIGHT BLUE[/COLOR] were on Tiles 4 & 5 on the south side of Big Bear Lake.

Russ
                          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                          KI6MLU

Comment

The pdf states "restore 33 miles of unauthorized routes" but you are correct, Restore them to what?

Comment

"Restore" could mean to restore the route to its original untraveled state--untouched by motor vehicle tracks.
                              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                              KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                              X