Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear

I was told yesterday by a couple of jeepers from big bear that Heartbreak Ridge and Lighting ridge are now closed. Yesterday I saw that lighting ridge was now closed. It's a real shame that all these trails are being closed and there is more to come. I have also heard that the closings were funded by the stimulas bill to create jobs.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Lighting Ridge?

Is Lighting Ridge the drop down trail that forks right up above the cutoff to 2N68Y? If so, that was bouldered up a month ago -- but, you could still get to Heart. I've been up in BB every other wknd and seems they've been boulderin a bunch...

Comment

No lighting Ridge runs from HWY 38 to 2N93.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Not happy

Just got into jeepin and now, no where to go. Talked to Mill Creek ranger stat yesterday and they've closed Barton Flats cg for winter. No where to even camp (that's not primitive sites). Ugh.

Comment

Primitive sites are the way to go!
          USMC F&AM

Comment

For the most part, yeah. But just another area where the Forest is closing down...

Comment

Alot of the areas and roads are being closed for the Winter. So just be aware that if someone says the road is closed it doesn't always mean a permanent closure.

Comment

Boulders?

Pikeman -- I know they lock gates for winter, but trails I've seen closed are 5 to 7 boulders, then tree limbs, brush, dirt filled in behind the boulders. Sure look "permanent" to me...but, I hope its just for the winter

Comment

I will try to get a litst of the trails that are scheduled to be closed permanently(i.e. boulders etc.) and the ones as they close for the season. If you have questions about specific trails please include the trail number. There are a few of us that work with the OHV group and also anyone that is on the AAT can talk to SBNF and get the info.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                    I was told yesterday by a couple of jeepers from big bear that Heartbreak Ridge and Lighting ridge are now closed. Yesterday I saw that lighting ridge was now closed. It's a real shame that all these trails are being closed and there is more to come. I have also heard that the closings were funded by the stimulas bill to create jobs.
                    Don't see Heartbreak listed. I hope your info is incorrect. Heartbreak is a cool trail and I know it has been discussed before that they wanted to close it.

Big Bear area Winter Road Closures
                    Date(s): Nov 22, 2010
                    1N02 Coon Creek
                    1N05 Fish Creek
                    1N54 Clarks Grade
                    2N06 Radford Truck Trail
                    2N08 Knickerbocker
                    2N10 Skyline (east and west end)
                    2N27 Sand Canyon
                    2N93 Wildhorse (north gate, upper gate, and southern gate)
                    3N09 Van Dusen Canyon (upper and lower gates)

From http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...%20&%20Notices
                    Check out .

Comment

Heartbreak

I've been running Heartbreak and camping off of it the past few months. There's no gates that I'm aware of. So, if they did close it -- it was probably with boulders. I know they closed a shortcut that came out of the group camp (the one that has the spring water and arrastre (sp?)) and connects up to the main trail that is off the 38. It was an awesome trail that I found by just tooling around and only got to run up it once. Well, at lease I can say I ran it...this thread is depressing.

Comment

Chuck I will get out there this week or weekend to check it out.
                        I will also be checking out 1N01 because of rumors. I think it's pontiac sluice that got closed.

Comment

Curtis,

Keep us posted on Heartbreak. I will be pissed if they take away a legal numered and signed trail like that. Maybe we can talk to a veterans group about the Rowe Memorial if Pontiac is blocked.

Comment

I can't write what I really want to write so I'll just keep it to myself. However, I will write about the fact that I am aware of what not to write and that is why I am writin this, just to mention that I will not write what is really on my mind....capice?!

But know this! The world has experienced four major disasters where man-kind was completely wiped off the face of the planet and the world re-covered itself.

They are closing trails to create jobs????? Are they f[]ck3n kidding me?

So all these f()ck3n tree hugging f[]ck3n asshole pricks/waste of life government officials are worried about a few machines driving through where we are entitled to see, take pictures and get away from this f[]ck3n meropolitan bullshit where they want us to stay.....GO f[]ck YOURSELVES AND STICK THOSE TRAIL BLOCKING BOULDERS UP YOUR ASS!!!!

Moderators, please don't block my account. I Love MJR but I'm f[]ck3n Pissed! If you want to delete this post, please feel free. Before you do, let at least thirty people read it so they know how I feel.

And to you boulder carriers, you'll need boulders the size of a f[]ck3n condo.

As I said..I'm not going to write what's really on my mind because it just would not be right.

Good night!
                            Last edited by MrBash; 12-07-10, 12:08 AM.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                              Chuck I will get out there this week or weekend to check it out.
                              I will also be checking out 1N01 because of rumors. I think it's pontiac sluice that got closed.
                              Pontiac would make more since. IIRC it is not a numbered trail. Keep us posted.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X