Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I am asking is that someone not take an illegal trail, All I will be doing is educating those who do not know, I will not prevent anyone from doing anything.
    I do not need to be anything but a citizen to do any of that. My right to be on that land and legally and tell people a trail is illegal is what I need to be deputized for?
    Now If you find an excuse not to be there, not you Nwoods I understand birthdays, then that is your cup of tea. If we think a trash problem will be had, then lets do it just by word of mouth. Cost me less, the 200 tread lightly brochures are 70 clams plus shipping. But do not use these for an excuse because you really just do not want to be bothered, and do not complain when the shut trails down.
    This is a way to be proactive and educate, I really do believe a lot of the guys do not know what has happened, I never saw a closed trail sign up there, I saw where caution tape had been torn off post.
    Now the choice is yours.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
      I reject what the SBNF has done here, I do not support it.
      Imagine what the forest what look like if everyone did what they wanted because they did not support the decisions the land managers of the SBNF made.

You don't have to imagine because the forest has hundreds of miles of illegal trails created by well meaning folks who reject the way the forest is managed.

And now some of the really good people have turned against the forest when these illegal trails get shut down.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
        Now If you find an excuse not to be there, not you Nwoods I understand birthdays, then that is your cup of tea. If we think a trash problem will be had, then lets do it just by word of mouth. Cost me less, the 200 tread lightly brochures are 70 clams plus shipping. But do not use these for an excuse because you really just do not want to be bothered, and do not complain when the shut trails down.
        tread lightly freind. Myself and a lot of others here put in MASSIVE hours on the SBNF. We don't need excuses.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          tread lightly freind. Myself and a lot of others here put in MASSIVE hours on the SBNF. We don't need excuses.
          Rat, I know of many of members here that would go overboard if asked, I also know a lot of guys in both AAT groups and the OHV patrol group, this is not the only group I go out with for either. this is about getting others to do .......
          Oh screw it, when I get nothing but flak from all sides, those who do are insulted I try to get more out there, those who do not are insulted I think they have no right to tell them not to be on those trails.
          I pity the off road crowd. Seems they want to bitch no matter what side they are on.
          Have fun all
          All I wanted to do was outreach, my PM box is full of complaints, You know you will get what you put into it.
          Now I get told to tread lightly because someone thinks I was talking about him
          You know, do what you think will help, refuse to take new ideas.
          The problem is the other side is changing and trying new things every day, however we refuse to
          We deserve what we get.
          I resign.

Comment

Keep the faith Jim, if nobody starts anybody thinking, nobody will be thinking at all.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Another PM sent...

Comment

Nathan,

I'm with you. I looked into the OHV program but I could not abide by all of the rules. Thank you for those that can and do. But when I see a 100+ year old trail to a historical site I'm going there. I WILL NOT TRESPASS OR KNOWINGLY GO INTO WILDERNESS AREAS (No matter how lame the excuse that it was created). But I will explore our historical sites and areas! Public Lands and access has become a joke to some. Too Bad!

Mitch

Comment

I did a lot of the training and started doing patrols, but WOW I saw stuff I did not want to be associated with, like guys reaching into vehicles and looking at stuff in them. guys representing themselves like cops, guys using it as an excuse to go places others could not. I decided to just move on.

Comment

So After a day on the phone to a lot of guys, and calling 2 ranger stations, I decided that going up there and asking, as a private citizen, for people to not take the blocked off trails is one of the few options we have to keep that trail open. Yes it can be shut down to protect those trails from motorized traffic.
                    I ask for 9 others who are concerned enough to go out and help.
                    so far I have got none.
                    I have got a lot of guys telling me that they already do their part, I applaud them, some that think I am crazy, your opinion is noted, and a few that say the outcome is already determined, I consider them fatalist.
                    Why I am asking is that we as wheelers need to start to put our foot down and create peer pressure from with in, Our actions are how we are going to be judged, and we will be judged by the lowest form among us. I.E. the guy doing the illegal bypass is who we are judged by. We need to reach that person and show our resolve to do what is needed to keep the trail open, and to let them know their actions can have it shut down. Turning our backs and/or winking at the actions we know are wrong will only get more trails closed. Without self discipline we will be disciplined by higher authorities.
                    So do we get 10 people, or do we just forget it and complain when the trail is closed?

Comment

Use sugar not vinegar........

I ask for 9 others who are concerned enough to go out and help.
                      so far I have got none.
                      I have got a lot of guys telling me that they already do their part, I applaud them, some that think I am crazy, your opinion is noted, and a few that say the outcome is already determined, I consider them fatalist.

So do we get 10 people, or do we just forget it and complain when the trail is closed?
                      ...you really need to stop pointing I finger at others.......go, go up there and "show" everyone how much it means to you and stop "telling" how much. If you get only one person to avoid the closed sections then you've done well.....they'll tell two friends and they'll tell two friends...........
                      John & Kristi

Comment

so far who Have i pointed a finger at?
                        I have asked for a group
                        do you feel I mean you?
                        have I called anyone by name?
                        I promise if 9 people will not agree with me and go, then I will never mention another word on MJR about keeping trails open.

Comment

Hmmm....

.....maybe I'm not making my point clearly.
                          Your determination is to be commended but it appears as though you are generalizing, not pointing a finger at any "one" person but everyone else that does not, can not or does not have the ability to do as you want to do as the reason for closures.

You’re preaching to the choir here my friend but you’re on the right path, getting the word out to the general public. Post up that your gonna do this or that and if you get others to show up then great, take advantage of that but if its only you then do what ya can and see what develops but I have read repeatedly from your posts that "if I get no help it's your fault not mine". STOP THAT!

I STRONGLY disagree with what the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction: Forest Service, BLM, and Local Law Enforcement, etc, etc) with closing ANY non- listed trail/road/wash......how'd they get there in the first place? Somebody drove there for the first time, no?

As far as Cleghorn, it seems like the public has spoken about what they want by going around barriers and going where they want, just isn't doing it the way YOU want it done.......

As Christian stated in one of his posts I look forward to dicussing this sometime out on the trail with ya......Good Hunting my friend......
                          John & Kristi

Comment

....and furthermore...

..... the forest service took OUR tax dollars and said "hey, we can fix this" and failed miserably. Barriers didn't work so now after spending OUR money we get closure? WTF?
                            John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Twister View Post
                              .....maybe I'm not making my point clearly.
                              Your determination is to be commended but it appears as though you are generalizing, not pointing a finger at any "one" person but everyone else that does not, can not or does not have the ability to do as you want to do as the reason for closures.

You’re preaching to the choir here my friend but you’re on the right path, getting the word out to the general public. Post up that your gonna do this or that and if you get others to show up then great, take advantage of that but if its only you then do what ya can and see what develops but I have read repeatedly from your posts that "if I get no help it's your fault not mine". STOP THAT!

I STRONGLY disagree with what the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction: Forest Service, BLM, and Local Law Enforcement, etc, etc) with closing ANY non- listed trail/road/wash......how'd they get there in the first place? Somebody drove there for the first time, no?

As far as Cleghorn, it seems like the public has spoken about what they want by going around barriers and going where they want, just isn't doing it the way YOU want it done.......

As Christian stated in one of his posts I look forward to dicussing this sometime out on the trail with ya......Good Hunting my friend......
                              Your point is noted.

Comment

Your point is noted.

I see you're online right now. So you decided not to go? I was going to see if anyone was there when I pass through on my way back from Las Vegas this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X