Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'd say this is a plus in the offroaders' community. It truly amazes me how one single post could get so much attention both for the support and for the different opinions. Thank you all for supporting this issue and for all the hard work you all have put in.

Tam, Sarah, Julie, Chris, and Crash...excellent job at the meeting ( as I tip my hat to you all )
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your "thank you's," but they should be directly mostly at Tammy I think. We were there to support her and the cause As many of you know from the Calico reunion runs, this area is very special to us all. She put in the most time on this project preparing for the meeting and acting as the spokesperson. Tam babe, you rock!

This is really what we need on these big issues - someone taking the lead. All it takes is one person on a mission to get everyone motivated, and we've been seeing alot of that for all issues on this board lately. Thank you to everyone who has gotten off the couch and done something this year.

Woohoo!! :gun:
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks Tam!

And I hope you got my PM. I've been slammed this week.
        [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
        Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

As much as I appreciate the kind words...they are a little premature. Lets start the party after the barricades come down

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

It's a ways off but National Public Lands Day is September 27th. But who knows with how slow the bureaucratic wheels turn. This would be a great project.

http://www.publiclandsday.org/

Comment

I followed up with the Regional Parks office yesterday. I asked for a status of the by-pass, and of our offer to help.

This was their reply:
              Regional Parks staff will be going out to the park within the next week to define a temporary trail. The temporary trail will be plotted on a map for approval by Risk Management. Once Risk Management has approved the trail, we will contact you to coordinate the assistance you offered.

I think this is good news. I'll post up when I hear more

In the meantime, I'm working with Sarah on how to organize our efforts, set up a website for up-to-date information, and a place to sign-up to help.

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Highly appreciated Jeep Gal for your efforts and keeping us posted. Sounds like everything is going in the right direction so far. Tony

Comment

You guys rock.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Great news Jeepgal, Thanks for all your hard work.
                    MJR rocks!

Scott

Comment

Good to hear things are moving forward

Comment

Tam,

I appreciate your lead on this project.

I was thinking that if and when we have a "fencing party," it should be planned for the fall. Working in the heat at Calico this time of year could be dangerous with the risk of heat stroke & such. Just a thought.
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Tam,

I appreciate your lead on this project.

I was thinking that if and when we have a "fencing party," it should be planned for the fall. Working in the heat at Calico this time of year could be dangerous with the risk of heat stroke & such. Just a thought.
                          I think that's a good idea, and I'd like to help in the labor party also.

JeepGal, I appologize, I don't know your name, but if your efforts help keep this bypass open, I propose it be christened in your honor!
                          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I just received this letter....funny, I was one of the ones at the meeting!!

July 2, 2008

Dear Julie:

Thank you for taking the time to contact the office of Supervisor Brad Mitzelfelt regarding the closure of the Doran Bypass trail near Calico Ghost Town in San Bernardino County.

In mid June, San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department staff met at Calico Ghost Town with representatives from County Code Enforcement, County Risk Management and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to evaluate the condition and use of the Doran Bypass. Following the assessment it was determined that a designated route would be identified by Regional Parks and reviewed by the other involved departments and agencies.

On June 26, 2008, Regional Parks staked a temporary route and the current Doran Bypass is open but is pending review and approval by Risk Management, BLM and Code Enforcement. Once the review process is complete, Regional Parks will obtain a cost estimate for fencing and meet with trail users who have offered their assistance of labor to fence the trail.

If you have additional questions or concerns regarding the Doran Bypass trail you may contact Mr. Tom Potter, Director of San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department by calling or writing:

Tom Potter, Director

San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department

777 East Rialto Avenue

San Bernardino, CA 92415

(909) 387-2340

If I may assist you with another county-related matter, please do not hesitate to contact the Supervisor’s district office.

Sincerely,

Jessie Flores
                            Field Representative for
                            Brad Mitzelfelt
                            Supervisor, First District
                            San Bernardino County

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS IDENTIFIED IN THIS MESSAGE. It is a “No-Reply” mailbox that is not checked. This is necessary due to the high volume of email sent to this office.

If you require further assistance, please contact the staff member directly who responded to your concern in the above message. Our office number is (760) 955-5400.

Thank you.

Comment

I just received a letter as well. Looks encouraging.

Comment

Here's mine

[FONT=Arial]July 2, 2008[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Mr. Kurt Kauffman[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]kkauffman@buschusa.com[/COLOR][/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Dear Mr. Kauffman:[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Thank you for taking the time to contact the office of Supervisor Brad Mitzelfelt regarding the closure of the Doran Bypass trail near Calico Ghost Town in San Bernardino County.[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]In mid June, San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department staff met at Calico Ghost Town with representatives from County Code Enforcement, County Risk Management and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to evaluate the condition and use of the Doran Bypass. Following the assessment it was determined that a designated route would be identified by Regional Parks and reviewed by the other involved departments and agencies.[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]On June 26, 2008, Regional Parks staked a temporary route and the current Doran Bypass is open but is pending review and approval by Risk Management, BLM and Code Enforcement. Once the review process is complete, Regional Parks will obtain a cost estimate for fencing and meet with trail users who have offered their assistance of labor to fence the trail.[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]If you have additional questions or concerns regarding the Doran Bypass trail you may contact Mr. Tom Potter, Director of San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department by calling or writing:[/FONT]
                                [CENTER][FONT=Arial]Tom Potter, Director[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]San Bernardino County Regional Parks Department[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]777 East Rialto Avenue[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]San Bernardino, CA 92415[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial](909) 387-2340[/FONT][/CENTER]
                                [FONT=Arial]If I may assist you with another county-related matter, please do not hesitate to contact the Supervisor’s district office.[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Sincerely,[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Jessie Flores[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Field Representative for[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Brad Mitzelfelt[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]Supervisor, First District[/FONT]
                                [FONT=Arial]San Bernardino County [/FONT]
                                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X