Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda like it. The only problem i see with it offroad wise is it's lack of ground clearance. And we all know that can be fixed ;P
    It's a stylish looking vehicle. Heck, look at the Grand Cherokee's, in my opinion they are look too pretty to take off road...but they make awsome trail rigs. (Psst, don't diss the Rav4, they may suck int the rocks, but a 4x4 Rav4 does alright in the mud.) With some adequate clearance and some bigger tires, that thing would probably do awsome. I mean with that motor, and built on a wrangler platform, it will probably prove to be rather rugged-esque
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

Why would they name it a "trailhawk" if its not designed to see the trail? IDK DC just seems to be making cars for the everyday rather then anything for the trail anymore, besides the JK. and Gladiator = BEAST!
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
        IDK DC just seems to be making cars for the everyday rather then anything for the trail anymore, besides the JK.
        That probably has something to do with them being able to sell them. The OHV croud is really a tough niche to sell to. We generally don't buy a whole lot of new vehicles....we fix/upgrade our old junk instead. There simply are not alot of buyers for rugged, unrefined off road oriented vehicles. DC would be crazy to build them. The masses don't actually want a unrefined vehicle...they want a nice smooth rig that *looks* unrefined. There are very few people actually willing to live with something that handles like shit, rides like hell, and can crawl over volkswagon sized rocks....no, they want a BMW X5 that has the sex appeal of a rock buggy, so they can look cool when they go to the mall to buy a new pair of shoes. These are the people who are buying new vehicles, so these are the people who DC caters to. Even as popular as the Rubicons are, they still are a hard sell to the bean counters...they are expensive to produce considering the volume and price.

Remember, it is all about being able to extract the most money from consumers bank accounts with the least capitol investment on the companies part.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes View Post
          That probably has something to do with them being able to sell them. The OHV croud is really a tough niche to sell to. We generally don't buy a whole lot of new vehicles....we fix/upgrade our old junk instead. There simply are not alot of buyers for rugged, unrefined off road oriented vehicles. DC would be crazy to build them. The masses don't actually want a unrefined vehicle...they want a nice smooth rig that *looks* unrefined. There are very few people actually willing to live with something that handles like shit, rides like hell, and can crawl over volkswagon sized rocks....no, they want a BMW X5 that has the sex appeal of a rock buggy, so they can look cool when they go to the mall to buy a new pair of shoes. These are the people who are buying new vehicles, so these are the people who DC caters to. Even as popular as the Rubicons are, they still are a hard sell to the bean counters...they are expensive to produce considering the volume and price.

Remember, it is all about being able to extract the most money from consumers bank accounts with the least capitol investment on the companies part.
          Oh yeah no doubt. They are catering to the "the masses" which is where the large market is. It takes a select few to drive what we do. If i had a company i would be trying to sell to the majority of people as well. haha Good reply Goodtimes. :thumbs_up
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes View Post
            fine. call it the chrysler, dodge or mercedes trailhawk. :cactus:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
            X