Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Trailhawk Unveiled

Discuss.

Chrysler has unveiled its new Jeep Trailhawk Concept which is built on the platform of the new Jeep Wrangler. The Jeep Trailhawk has the new body-on-frame design with a 116 inch wheelbase. The body-on-frame design allows the side windows to fully disappear into the body without a B-pillar. The Jeep Trailhawk gives drivers a more open air experience and great off-road capabilities. The SUV Concept shows Jeeps enterance into the BLUETEC world with its 3.0 liter BLUETEC diesel engine that produces 215 horsepower. The Jeep Trailhawk will make its debut at the Detroit Auto Show.

Full article and pics here.
    Erik

I fix things.

There isn't a shot of this thing with the back glass in. I wonder where that gets stored.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Ha, I can't see that thing offroad. Maybe 3N14.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Maybe 3N16

(I thought the 4 door Wrangler was Fugly - now I have a new definition)
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr View Post
          There isn't a shot of this thing with the back glass in. I wonder where that gets stored.

I think you are looking to much into it. this is a concept car. Reality does not enter into the equation until some later point in the process of bringing the car to market.

Comment

You won't see many of 'em out crawling, but it might make a good vehicle to spend time in while exploring Baja....
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by grub View Post
              I think you are looking to much into it. this is a concept car. Reality does not enter into the equation until some later point in the process of bringing the car to market.
              I know.. I know... I was just bored at work and trying to entertain myself.
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

how 'bout make the farking gladiator and stop pissing about with new stupid ugly useless shit (compass). :cactus:
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Yikes!
                  Drew
                  95yj Six Pack

Comment

If they make that thing they should be severely beaten with heavy pieces of mining equipment!!!!!

Jason
                    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                      how 'bout make the farking gladiator and stop pissing about with new stupid ugly useless shit (compass). :cactus:
                      I drool whenever I see pictures of the gladiator!!!
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

If they make that thing they should be severely beaten with heavy pieces of mining equipment!!!!!

I agree with Jason!
                        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

I just want the engine... somebody buy one and smash up the rearend ok?
                          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I like it
                            but then I like a lot styling experiments. I doubt if it would ever be able to tackle some serious terrain, but then I doubt it will be aimed at it also.
                            But then, look at the Liberty and the FJC, they both are showing up places we never thought they would, sheesh both go over the Bull regularly now.
                            I think Jeep is just reaching out to have a more car look, the future of sales is going to depend on it, The Suv now has a bad name to the buying public. Not only have the Greenies pretty much destroyed it rep, but the gas mileage age is again apon us.
                            GM and Ford are in serious trouble financially right now because they refused to develop any thing big time except SUVs. Jeep is just probing to see what they can do to attract customers.
                            Look at Toyota, I mean look at the Rav4, tous jeepers it is a joke, but that thin sells in big numbers. they also have cross over vehicle in the lineup, and crossovers seem to be the next new trend. Suvs, out, Minivans, out, Sedans, have there place as steady sellers, trendy cars, make profit.
                            Say what you want, but support those ugly go nowhere sudo 4x4s, without those things selling like hotcakes do you think Chyrsler could have cut the price on the new JK? Yep we need those pigs.
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                              I like it
                              but then I like a lot styling experiments. I doubt if it would ever be able to tackle some serious terrain, but then I doubt it will be aimed at it also.
                              But then, look at the Liberty and the FJC, they both are showing up places we never thought they would, sheesh both go over the Bull regularly now.
                              I think Jeep is just reaching out to have a more car look, the future of sales is going to depend on it, The Suv now has a bad name to the buying public. Not only have the Greenies pretty much destroyed it rep, but the gas mileage age is again apon us.
                              GM and Ford are in serious trouble financially right now because they refused to develop any thing big time except SUVs. Jeep is just probing to see what they can do to attract customers.
                              Look at Toyota, I mean look at the Rav4, tous jeepers it is a joke, but that thin sells in big numbers. they also have cross over vehicle in the lineup, and crossovers seem to be the next new trend. Suvs, out, Minivans, out, Sedans, have there place as steady sellers, trendy cars, make profit.
                              Say what you want, but support those ugly go nowhere sudo 4x4s, without those things selling like hotcakes do you think Chyrsler could have cut the price on the new JK? Yep we need those pigs.
                              I agree with you! Just based on this as a "car" & not a off-road vehicle...I actually really like it, especially it's the best concept "car" I've seen from DC. The Compas is just horrible. This at least looks decent and something that will rival the Rav4, Kia, etc.
                              '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
                              '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

Working...
                              X