Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fontana is on fire!

Drove past the fires tonite in the Jeep ... they're at the bottom of the Cajon Pass. And I can really say "fires" because there is a whole canyon on fire! You could even see the flames from the freeway. Crazy. Drive by with top on - smoke is suffocating eeek
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

There's also fires inbetween Loma Linda & Moreno Valley as well as Northeastern Camp Pendleton. The Moreno Valley Fire has burned several structures already, but no houses yet, I think.
    It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
    and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
      but no houses yet, I think.
      Update: Moreno Valley/Reche Canyon fire has burned some structures. It is only 40% contained and an arsonist started the fire. There is one fire that has been fully contained, but I forget where it is.

Getting the ashes at times in Hesperia/Victorville and choking the crap at of US asthmatics! (king4wd2) So during PVD if you see me puffing on an inhaler it's because I can't breathe! Only person to give me mouth to mouth is CPR certified people or my husband.
      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Burbank too.

Comment

Raise your hand if you came out to ashes in your Jeep this morning.

It's made it all the way over here to Hollywood.

Comment

Hope none of you guys on this board live in any of the areas those houses burned down
            '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
            '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

There is a huge fire just 2 miles east of my house!In simi valley.So we are stayin' up all night and we have got stuff packed ready for a quick exit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
                There is a huge fire just 2 miles east of my house!In simi valley.So we are stayin' up all night and we have got stuff packed ready for a quick exit.
                bummer! make sure you save the Jeep.:yay:
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Fires

As we speak, I can look out of my bedroom window towards the Cajon Pass and can see the ORANGE glow of the fire. It's scary to see, but yet I know we aren't in danger yet. King4wd said that there was fire on both sides of the 15 through the Cajon. Thank God, he made it to work in Riverside. Just hope he can get home to Hesperia, but if he can't at least he has a place to stay (with PRegner). I'm glad I have the Jeep back if I need to make a hasty exit. I am praying for those of you in Southern CA near the fires for your safety and for your homes to be spared.
                  1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                  Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Latest stats: Gran Prix fire (Cucamunga/Lytle Creek) 27,000+ acres, multiple homes and outstructures as well as 1 fire helicopter destroyed:confused: Waterman Canyon (San Berdu/Devore) just started today already burned thousands of acres hundreds of homes and two deaths (both heart attacks). Currently San Bernadino International (formerly Norton AFB) has been turned into a refugee/evacuation shelter.
                    It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                    and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

damn fires, luckily, we dont get them out here.. although.. they probably would help to clear out some of the less-than attractive rural architecture around here...

any clue on what started all of them? arson? heard the santa anas are going crazy out there.. the last big fire i got to deal w/ in cali was the wolf creek fire in the sespe area.. only 425,000 acres lost there... placed still looked like a moonscape 6months later. ash made it all the way down to my beach-house.
                      beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

i live pretty far from the fires, and this is what my jeep looked like in 8 hours!
                        i think more than 250 homes are burned now! this is a really bad one ;(
                        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I went to San Bernardino today. Wow what a sight. It's like a war zone up there. here's a pic I took while I was driving. It's looking east from the 210 near the 15.

smoke
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

hey guys, we're back!!
                            this is unbelieveable news how big this fire(s) have gotten -- keep us posted, we're still in Tuscon.
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

350+ homes are burned to the ground....
                              this is a bad, bad scene.. thoughts, and prayers go out to all involved
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X