looking down rick's street:

street this morning:

from my apt:
    http://www.sw33t.com/fire/day4.jpg

a few more pixs at
    http://www.sw33t.com/fire
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'm 8 miles from Chatsworth, have lots of family/friends in Simi Valley and Big Bear.
      *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
      Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
      Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

updated view from my front drive:
        Last edited by sarah; 02-07-08, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          updated view from my front drive:
          The only good thing about that photo is that it shows how far away from you the fire is.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
            The only good thing about that photo is that it shows how far away from you the fire is.
            very true! i've just tuned in to the news for the first time since last week and it makes my photos look pretty calm.

Comment

very true! i've just tuned in to the news for the first time since last week and it makes my photos look pretty calm.
              BTW...Bacon looks good next to that Saguaro cactus.

I miss AZ.

Comment

Sarah, nice to see you made it to Apple Valley safely. Tom's work told him to "burn" (no pun intended ) another day of sick time. He might have to use another day up tomorrow depending. As of right now, the High Desert is receiving some smoke from the fires. However, we are not evacuating like some reports have said. Channel 4 news tried saying that Hesperia are evacuating. No! That was starting a wide spread panic at my best friend's apartment complex. Anyways, All prayers are still being said for the victims. The Red Cross has now named Apple Valley High School as an evacuation site. Thanks to others for prayers for us in the High Desert to stay safe. As far as I know there's only Rick, Sarah, Tom & I and our 2 kids up here. Anyone else up in the high desert? Those near Chatsworth, keep praying! And other's that I forgotten to mention, oh yeah, San Diego. I have a cousin down there. Pray to the Lord that all will be safe!! Amen.
                1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                  Sarah, nice to see you made it to Apple Valley safely. Tom's work told him to "burn" (no pun intended ) another day of sick time. He might have to use another day up tomorrow depending. As of right now, the High Desert is receiving some smoke from the fires. However, we are not evacuating like some reports have said. Channel 4 news tried saying that Hesperia are evacuating. No! That was starting a wide spread panic at my best friend's apartment complex. Anyways, All prayers are still being said for the victims. The Red Cross has now named Apple Valley High School as an evacuation site. Thanks to others for prayers for us in the High Desert to stay safe. As far as I know there's only Rick, Sarah, Tom & I and our 2 kids up here. Anyone else up in the high desert? Those near Chatsworth, keep praying! And other's that I forgotten to mention, oh yeah, San Diego. I have a cousin down there. Pray to the Lord that all will be safe!! Amen.
                  dont forget about those in big bear, and arrowhead.. they evacuated the WHOLE mountain! it is extremely ugly up there too
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    dont forget about those in big bear, and arrowhead.. they evacuated the WHOLE mountain! it is extremely ugly up there too
                    Oh Yeah! thanks. Why did I forget them? They're right in front of me Yeah and Summit Valley is being evacuated now also.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                      I heard on the radio earlier that the lack of roads was causing a problem and the lines at the gas stations were horrid. The stations were only taking ATM and Credit Cards.

I had a message from one person up there when I got home (my old ski instructor). He left a while ago. He has inlaws in Costa Mesa and thought it might be a good day to visit.

Comment

Fire Information

There has been some erroneous information in the media in regards to the Cucamunga/arrowhead/Big Bear fires of late. For the most accurate up to date information on these eastern fires, as well as road conditions and detour instructions tune to 960AM. I don't know the local source for the Simi valley. Once again for fire news, road closures, alternate routes, evacuee services, volunteers and donations tune to 960AM.
                        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Re: Fire Information

Originally posted by king4wd
                          There has been some erroneous information in the media in regards to the Cucamunga/arrowhead/Big Bear fires of late.
                          yeah, we seem to notice that too. it's quite annoying -- makes me hate the news even more than before! i've been checking out www.incidentcontrol.com for some of the updates.

Comment

Re: Re: Fire Information

yeah, we seem to notice that too. it's quite annoying -- makes me hate the news even more than before! i've been checking out www.incidentcontrol.com for some of the updates.
                            My friend left Big Bear at noon. He wasn't waiting.

Comment

Shelter Update

They have just added the Victor Valley College Gymnasium on the lower campus as an evacuation site. From Big Bear take the 18 into Lucerne Valley turn left to stay on Highway 18. Go Left! Keep going till you reach Bear Valley Road turn left onto Bear Valley Road, go through Apple Valley. You will pass Big K keep going straight. You will pass Target the Victor Valley College is right there on the right pass the Mojave River Bed. Take that street which is Fish Hatchery Road(you will turn right onto it). The Gymnasium is on the left. Go in the front doors, but park in the parking on the right. I hope this helps for anyone needing shelter, of course, I'm across the street from the college, if you need anything.

Comment

south hesperia is being evacuated - i'm off work on a 'fire day.'

Comment

Working...
                                X