Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is pretty entertaining. I think we could do better. Why doesn't someone start a thread about religion?
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Sarah, what about the Food 4 Less there on the corner of Kiowa and Bear Valley Road? Isn't that close to you?
    Not as close as the striking stores, and we really don't care for that store.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I would never cross a picket line ! I have been a teamster for 15 + years . Big business Is being forced to F the A of the employee By the states mistakes , I Hate to see people out of work only for trying to keep what they have . Support Those people , this affects alot more jobs than just the gorcery clerks . Drive the extra 10 minutes to a store that is not screwing there employees out of insurance and retirement , they have familys too .

Comment

you know, truthfully, I have never been part of a union. friends of mine have. they have always made more money than me. Real truth of the matter is the economy is f*kced. Everybody suffers, deal with it. any job is better than no job. The only time you can demand a certain salary is if you run the company.

my $.02
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
          you know, truthfully, I have never been part of a union. friends of mine have. they have always made more money than me. Real truth of the matter is the economy is f*kced. Everybody suffers, deal with it. any job is better than no job. The only time you can demand a certain salary is if you run the company.

my $.02
          do you know what the wages of these people are? LOL... they are only fighting to keep what they HAVE! they arent asking for more.. ever notice who works at wal mart? (for the most part) it is retired folks and school kids. do you know why? retired folks have a suplimental pension for the 40+ years they already put into their jobs, ned school kids just need enough money for gas.
          the grocery union is a place that people have invested years of their lives into a "career" of sorts, and it simply isnt right to take something out from under them that they have already invested the years of hard work to earn.
          i'll agree that there are a lot of economic problems facing the state right now, to say the least... have you noticed the "cost of living" on a steady rise? i have.... do you know many people that are getting the raises in salary to offset the cost of living increases? not here, i dont....
          i'm not whining for more money (although i could use a few extra bcks. i need more junk for my jeep ) but to take what these people have earned already is ridiculous.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

This is pretty entertaining. I think we could do better. Why doesn't someone start a thread about religion?:confused:
            Just as contentious.

Comment

Originally posted by jim79cj7
              I would never cross a picket line ! I have been a teamster for 15 + years . Big business Is being forced to F the A of the employee By the states mistakes , I Hate to see people out of work only for trying to keep what they have . Support Those people , this affects alot more jobs than just the gorcery clerks . Drive the extra 10 minutes to a store that is not screwing there employees out of insurance and retirement , they have familys too .
              Like I did, and do. I prefer to shop at the farmer's markets. I was at the one on 3rd and Fairfax yesterday. I like knowing the people I am getting my food from and it is fun to shop there because it is like an old world market area. It's noisy and busy. There is just something more human about farmer's markets.

I guess I just prefer to keep the money in the local area instead of shipping it to some company that has parked itself off shore to avoid taxes.

I'm certain there has to be some sort of mom/pop operation somewhere out there in the desert? Might be fun to hunt for them.

Gives you another excuse to get in the Jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 they are only fighting to keep what they HAVE! they arent asking for more..
                i wasn't aware that they are doing paycuts? or they are just not keeping up with inflation?

where i live, you're lucky if you can even get a job much less keep one. i know it's the union and all, and i don't really know much about unions, but i'd rather be inside working.

not meant to offend, just my .02.

(anyone know of any job openings in the 760/909 area?)

Comment

they want to cut the medical benefits by half, and put a very low maximum wage for the new employees. do away with overtime, and all sorts of other pay cuts..
                  ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                    they want to cut the medical benefits by half, and put a very low maximum wage for the new employees. do away with overtime, and all sorts of other pay cuts..
                    You know, they are going to squeeze us just so far and then watch out...the sh*t is going to hit the fan. Americans are proud and insist on living decently.

And we are not afraid of a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                      that sucks.

Comment

you know, I kinda changed my mind. I do believe that corperate america tends to take advantage of it's workers. I hope everything works out for these guys.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

you know, I kinda changed my mind. I do believe that corperate america tends to take advantage of it's workers. I hope everything works out for these guys.
                          i think you made a wise choice.. a well paid checker is still barely above poverty level.... the only thing they have that takes them there is the insurance that these cheap bastards are trying to take away.
                          ERIK

Comment

Ok, the grocery people are on strike, the sheriffs have the blue flu and now we don't have any buses because the mechanics are on strike. Why is everyone on strike? Healthcare.

Now if we were like every other industrialized first world nation, we wouldn't be having these strikes because we would have government sponsored healthcare. (Don't let anyone fool you, socialized medicine must be good because I have friends who keep their Candadian, Danish and British citizenships just for the benefits and know Americans who have given up their citizenships just to get the benefits from all those 1st world countries that have seen the light. Hell, even the Czech Republic has better benefits than we do.)

Comment

It's official. It's not a strike but a lockout by management. There is a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                                It's official. It's not a strike but a lockout by management. There is a huge difference.
                                The only grocery store that is locked out up here is Albertson's. Vons and Ralphs are still striking, as far as I know.
                                1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                                Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                                X