Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad union...Bad!

Originally posted by king4wd
    Look at them when you pass- the union is 70% female and over 50% are over 45. However you don't see mostly middle-aged women picketing, do you?
    It's funny you should say that. Every morning and twice in the afternoon I drive by picketers. I've been wondering for the past eleven days where they've been hiding all these Hot women. I can't recall having seen them ever working at these stores, but now they're picketing. They look to be between 18-35, and most of them are very attractive. Where'd they come from?

I'm debating joining the picket line just to flirt. Probably not a good idea.

Listen carefully to every report you hear. The latest one I heard was that the assault happened after "some words were exchanged". Put yourself in this picketer's position. Virtually unemployed, uncertain immediate future, heightened emotional status. Is it not possible that Erik is right and this is just a disgruntled box boy, embittered that a Scab gets paid more than twice what he usually makes? And then this Scab comes out and says some disparaging remarks regarding the strike. Does it have to be some Hoffa-esque conspiracy? Or simply some angry people getting violent?
    I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
    1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Re: Re: Bad union...Bad!

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
      It's funny you should say that. Every morning and twice in the afternoon I drive by picketers. I've been wondering for the past eleven days where they've been hiding all these Hot women. I can't recall having seen them ever working at these stores, but now they're picketing. They look to be between 18-35, and most of them are very attractive. Where'd they come from?

I'm debating joining the picket line just to flirt. Probably not a good idea.

You wouldn't want to flirt at the Ralph's on La Brea Ave. They are all middle aged Latino men. Rock-n-Roll Ralph's on Sunset has a couple of middle aged women, but is still mostly guys. This strike is going the same way they all are: healthcare. I tallied mine up for the year and I am over 5 grand so far and that doesn't count what comes out of my pay every two weeks.

Comment

That and cause I'm married.
        I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
        1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Now we find out that Walmart is knowingly (that's key) used illegal immigrants as cleaning crew. True, they were hired by contractors, but during the investigation it was found that Walmart knew of this practice.

Will Walmart pay fines or anyone do any time? If the .47 increase in their stock is any indication: No.

Tyson Foods was not prosecuted for smuggling illegals into the country back in March.

INS was taken over by Dept. of Homeland Security. What a joke. About as secure as the airports...which I got through with a rather large corkscrew last summer (Chicago and back) and smuggled cigarettes back from Paris (JFK airport). If you want to get your terrorists in the country, just get them hired by a corporation here. (Not that this is new. My mother worked next to illegals for years.)

Hope they blow up a Walmart. Good riddence.

Comment

hey, crickett. i've been meaning to ask ya', how do you feel about wal mart?
            j/k
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

oh WAH!

gee... thousands of illegals are working in the agricultural industry, why not the janitorial staff next?

frankly.. less-than-legal folks dont bother me in these types of jobs as long as they don't kill/rape/abuse individual citizens.. violent crime is one place where i draw the line. Of course, I far more respect people that have jumped through the proper hoops to earn their citizenship than ones that have just paid a coyote to haul them across..

in any case. i don't blame a large company from trying to keep costs down for consumers for going to the 'lowest bidder' as a small business owner, everyplace i can cut costs, i will.. the bottom line is a serious thing with me. if you're coming to the land of 'opportunity' create your own job. Recently, a immigrant group has opened what i consider the best restaurant of its type in about... oh...400 miles (Chicago *does* have a decent Chicano population).. and i thank them for it.

oh. Crickett. Marry Me! you're totally what i'm looking for.

:-)

and damnit I'm not a newbie. Sarah change that BS.
              Last edited by NAILER341; 10-23-03, 09:24 PM.
              beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

and damnit I'm not a newbie. Sarah change that BS.
                you have to EARN the ability to change that.. you can earn that right by making more posts
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                X