Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont buy gas september 3rd!

Dont Buy gas on September 3rd!!!!
    Boycotting the gas companies will decrease the price dramatically. Ive checked into it and if over half the US didnt buy gas for 1 day, the gas companies would be close to bankrupcy!!! So Lets show them how to lower gas prices. So repost this to all your friends. We have to get the word out.

Sept 3
    Its NATIONAL DONT BUY GAS DAY!!!
    So spread the word!

good luck

I think I'll spread my word of turning Iraq into a water park/ parking lot, then pump all the good shit over thisaway.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
      Dont Buy gas on September 3rd!!!!
      Boycotting the gas companies will decrease the price dramatically. Ive checked into it and if over half the US didnt buy gas for 1 day, the gas companies would be close to bankrupcy!!! ...
      Yah but the next day they'll post HUUUUUUUGE profits
      03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
      "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

O.K.
        We need gas like we need air. If they put a price on air what ya gonna' do? Hold you breath for a day?
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Seabass is right. It doesn't matter how much gas we purchase in a single day, it is how much we consume that matters. Until people stop driving, thus stop consuming gas, we will have to pay what the oil companies decide to charge us. There have been all kinds of ideas floating around the internet about how to "force" the oil companies to cut the prices....none of them will work. America is addicted to gasoline. Until we stop using it, things are not going to change. My jeep has been parked for a month, and will continue to sit in the garage. My truck gets filled up about once every 3 weeks. I have cut 95% of unneeded trips out of the picture. What has everyone else done? (that is a serious question).
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

What if we all took the bus to work
            Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
              What has everyone else done? (that is a serious question).
              I bought a car, gets about 32 mpg. The Jeep has been out of commision for awhile but even when it's back on all fours, it'll sit until it's time to wheel.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

If you also look at the price of a barrel of oil, it is the highest it has ever been. That drives up the cost that we have to pay.
                I do not remember how many gallons of gas they get out of one barrel of oil. One barrel of oil is like 55 gallons.
                Now the ships that bring the oil here to be refined, also burn oil, so they have to pay a higher cost also for shipping.
                OPEC sets the price via demand for a barrel of oil. And it is the highest it has ever been.
                We (Americans) are dependent on our cars. Me included drive a lot of places. If I would look at what I had to do in a day, and cut down on the trips to town, I would be better off.
                I would ride the bus to work, if it came close to my house. I would even walk a little bit to the bus stop if it was close. But it is not. If I did not work at 11:00pm, I would ride a bike if I had one, and it was not dark.
                But to not buy gas on that day, is hard. That is a long weekend day, and a lot of people will be traveling, me included. So, that is not an option.
                I think if you could get more people to ride the bus, car pool, we would decrease our demand over time. That would help bring the price down.
                Will the price ever get back down to $1.00 a gallon. I think not. We have shown that we will pay the $2.75 a gallon that it is here. And we bitch about every gallon that we pump into our jeeps, or cars to the attendent who does nothing about setting the price we pay.

So, what am I going to do to help cut my demand for gas. I will drive less. I think if we all can do that, we will have a bigger impact on the cost.
                Also, shoot a tree hugger, who likes to drive the big excursions.

Sorry for being so long winded.

Navy-Jeepster
                Gold-Digger
                Running on Empty
                Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  What has everyone else done? (that is a serious question).
                  I have changed my driving habits. I use probably 3-5 gallons less a week. Its not much but the best I can do.

If there was public transportation I could take to work, I would. Riding a bike is out as I have a 43 mile drive to work.

If I could find closer work, I would but I am lucky to have the job I do.

If I could afford another car, I would get one that gets better mileage than the Jeep. I do try to drive my wife's car in a couple times a week but she needs it sometimes and does not like the Jeep.
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I work from home
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                      I work from home
                      You suck.

I'm sitting here at school because I don't want to drive home (~15 miles), just to have to come back in 2 hours for the next class. Oh well, at least I have wireless access on campus.....that will help pass the time (at least until the battery dies....)
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I guess I should not mention that I have a company vehicle and gas card.

but seriously, we are not driving anymore than we need to, we combine trips during the weekend that we used to do individually and pick things up on the way home that w used torun out for.

Now here is something funny, I used to pick this guy up everyday at the park and ride. He could never be on time and was consistantly 5 minutes late so I finally tolds him I was no longer going to wait for him. Now he is mad that he has to pay over 50 dollars a week for gas plus is putting a bunch of miles on his ride. So Monday I give him another chance, he calls me saying he is running late, I just left.
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

I'd love to only pay 50 bucks a week in gas
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

The point I was making is he complains but does nothing to improve the situation, oh if he wasnt driving a SMALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL vehicle I am sure it would be much much more.
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Mine is broken down most of the time. I dont even drive anymore, I just car pool........

Comment

Working...
                              X