X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarah
    I work from home

I'm with Sarah! I work at home also
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
      What has everyone else done? (that is a serious question).
      I drive my piece of kaka, 4 banger, $800, shock needing, no foam in the seat, 230,000 mile Volvo to work instead of my cushy 79 Malibu that drinks $6 each way to work.
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

WHOA!!A '79 Malibu-those were cool cars!!I had a few '78 -'79 Malibu stockcars(always ended up with dents in the roofs).Well,back to the question of what I have done...I was driving 174 miles a day round trip when I was teaching which was costing me almost a weeks take home pay per month(driving my 4 cyl.,228,000 mile 1990 Ford Ranger because it got much better mileage than my CJ).I quit teaching and went back to being self employed,working within a 10 mile radius of home, and took a part time job with UPS which is only 1 mile from home.
        "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Oh, yeah those Malibu stockcars ran on $4.25/gallon VP and Sunoco race fuel a few years ago.Wonder what that fuel costs now.
          "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
            Oh, yeah those Malibu stockcars ran on $4.25/gallon VP and Sunoco race fuel a few years ago.Wonder what that fuel costs now.
            I think its like around $5.50 or so. I know alcohol is cheaper. It too bad we cant run our cars on methanol.

mmmmm . . . Nitromethane
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Heres a cool link for those running diesel that want an alternative fuel source....used cooking oil.

Comment

Probably would help if I ATTACHED the link... http://www.greasecar.com/

Comment

Depending on where you get your grease or cooking oil from, does it smell like french fries or fish going down the road?

Navy-Jeepster
                  Gold Digger
                  Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                  Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Biodiesel smells like french fries no matter the source.

Biodiesel has incredible lubricating and solvent properties so expect the crud in your fuel delivery system to be sloughed off and deposited in the fuel filter. Frequent fuel filter changes are the norm for high mileage oilburners that are switched to BD. This is less pronounced in vehicles with less exposure to dino oil.

BD also has the ability to dissolve older gaskets and fuel lines so keep this in mind.

FWIW, Dodge recommends nothing higher than B10 (10% biodiesel mixture) in its 2005 trucks, but there are reports of people running homebrewed B100 without any adverse effects.

http://www.biodiesel.org
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

How about we just don't buy from "OPEC" related companies. These companies buy a hell of a lot of oil from the Middle East:

Shell 205,742,000 barrels of oil
                      Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000
                      Exxon/Mobil 130,082,000
                      Marathon 117,740,000

These companies do not... and are safe to spend your money with.

Citgo.......................0 barrels
                      Sunoco.................0 barrels
                      Conoco.................0 barrels
                      Sinclair.....................0 barrels
                      BP/Phillips............0 barrels
                      Hess........................0 barrels
                      ARCO.......................0 barrels
                      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr

Unfortunatly none of those companies, with the exception of ARCO (whose gas is garbage), are in so cal. I buy my gas mostly at Shell. I guess I'm part of the problem.
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

My Dad works for BP/Amoco, so help him have a nice retirement
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                            What has everyone else done? (that is a serious question).

I quit driving the Jeep on my 35 mile each way daily commute into Orange County. I bought a $2000 used Corrola that does the entire week on a tank of gas, instead of the Jeep that was 3+ tanks a week.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
                              How about we just don't buy from "OPEC" related companies. These companies buy a hell of a lot of oil from the Middle East:

Shell 205,742,000 barrels of oil
                              Chevron/Texaco 144,332,000
                              Exxon/Mobil 130,082,000
                              Marathon 117,740,000

Huh. Now if we could get the message across to the board of directors for each of those companies about the reason behind our decisions on who to buy gas from......

BTW, diesel is up to $3/gal here. I am considering building a processor to convert WVO into bio-diesel. Turn key setups start ~3K....I am sure I can build one for about 1/2 of that. I just gotta figure out a way to keep the HOA from knowing about it......BTW, it costs ~ 70 cents per gallon to produce your own biodiesel (B100). takes about 24 hours to produce ~40 gallons, with ~1 hour of labor involved. I would likely dilute it to somewhere between B50 and B80 to run in the Noisy Bastard. Even at B50, it would bring the price of fuel down to $1.85/gallon. B75 would run ~1.45/gal., .......starts sounding better and better......
                              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

The theory of boycotting the gas companies has been around since the 70's when we experienced gas prices the way we do today.

If we didn't buy gas for one day we would have to buy it the following or soon there after. The gas companies know this and if anything could raise the price and screw us even more...

If people really wanna screw the pooch persay they would threaten to not go to work and not buy anything for a day. It would shut down the economy and put a drain on all markets. Gas/Oil taps into everything including plastics, if the consumer didnt't use or do anything the economy would have to rebound and the only way to rebound would be to lower oil prices... It would happen but it would take great lehgths to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
                                X