Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you stay???

In your current job that is.

Just trying to make a career path decision and thought I'd get some input from the peanut gallery. :yay:
    Job satisfaction.
    18.52%
    The money.
    40.74%
    The commute.
    11.11%
    The Benifits.
    3.70%
    Unqualified for anything else.
    14.81%
    other.
    11.11%
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

I stay because I work at NASA. How effing cool is that?
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

My current job is slowly starting to get old and boring. I stay because where I live there is very little work for a programmer. I'd jump ship in a heartbeat if I could find another job that did not have 1+ hour commute one way.

Of course, if I worked at NASA it would be so fawkin cool I'd never leave!
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

i live pretty close to work. I have been job jumping during the last few years and I have learned that working with people that I genuinly like and that bring out the good in me is a big plus. Of course I work in a small company where it makes that quality very imprtant to have, but I also have been in a bigger company and couldn't stand most of my co-workers. I wouldve been getting paid a lot more now if I stayed there, but to me it is worth a little less $$ for a job I truely like.
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Where else can I make six figures and get to play around airplanes all day?
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Unqualified for anything else
            I get paid to watch movies at a major motion picture studio and I can't think of anything else I can do that pays as well. Well maybe it's not that simple, just do it!

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Because I don't have to drive to work much
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Because the benefits outweigh all the BS I put up with.

My job sucks, plain and simple.....but they throw alot of $$$ at me every 2 weeks, they are paying for my tuition (UofA), give me all the lattitude I need with my schedule (changes every semester, depending on classes), they throw alot of $$$ at me every 2 weeks, benefits (medical/dental/401K/employee stock plan/etc) are outstanding (relatively speaking of course), they throw alot of $$$ at me every 2 weeks.......and, uh.....they throw alot of $$$ at me every 2 weeks.....and......they throw alot of money at me every 2 weeks.....

OK, they don't throw alot of $$$ at me every 2 weeks, but they do throw more $$$ at me than anyone else in this wage suppressed town will, considering my qualifications, which is why I am going to school......
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I voted money,but retirement and medical are there also
                  I think that work atmosphere is a big thing also
                  It is just a good job, plus I am kinda of a primadonna there.
                  I look at it as where else can you work construction, always be in a airconditioned enviroment, get full medical, dental ,anuity, and retirement, be paid over 100 gs and have people actually trust your opinion and act on it? all that with holidays, no overtime and a company truck to comute in.
                  The more I list the more I think I need to send my boss a thankyou card.
                  censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                    Unqualified for anything else
                    I get paid to watch movies at a major motion picture studio and I can't think of anything else I can do that pays as well. Well maybe it's not that simple, just do it!

Cheers, B&T TJ

I vote that you can't vote. :yay:

I'm 95% there Tom.
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I stay for the money. And I love what I do. I'm a 23 year old body shop estimator. I grew up in my my dads custom body shop. I tried to stay away from the body shop after highschool but money got tight with 2 kids so I came back and now I love what I do theres not very many people as young as I am that do what I do, come to think of it I dont Know any.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        I vote that you can't vote. :yay:

I'm 95% there Tom.
                        WOW 95% Time to make some calls, you got that ocean thing going for you, lots of places to go once your there.

Ok, I'll take back my vote, but I just don't want to do anything else.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                          WOW 95% Time to make some calls, you got that ocean thing going for you, lots of places to go once your there.

Ok, I'll take back my vote, but I just don't want to do anything else.

Tom

ocean thing??? :confused:

Bob said I should ask you about Larry Goodman (I think that's his name...), what happened to Larry?
                          Last edited by blkTJ; 07-08-05, 08:45 PM.
                          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I get up out of bed and plop, I'm at work. I have a daycare in my home, but the problem is I have no kids to care for but my own!! HELP need customers!!!!
                            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

The bigest reason I stay with my job is the benifits. Money they pay us enough to get by. Job satifaction: I'm very PROUD to be serving my counrty. The commute, I could walk to work..it's a mile and half. I wouldn't say that I'm unqualifiied for anything else but where else can you travel the world and meet new and exciting people and shoot them! Or get shot at! it works both ways.
                              75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X