Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonkadave
    The bigest reason I stay with my job is the benifits. Money they pay us enough to get by. Job satifaction: I'm very PROUD to be serving my counrty. The commute, I could walk to work..it's a mile and half. I wouldn't say that I'm unqualifiied for anything else but where else can you travel the world and meet new and exciting people and shoot them! Or get shot at! it works both ways.
    My father did 30 plus years in the military, Air force actually, got in during ww2, and flew planes in several war s over the years. He retired at 55, is now in his 80s, Had to pay his first copayment on medical the other day and is now complaining that his benefits have gone to hell. I think the biggest reason to stay in the service is the benefits, best you can get anywhere.
    Also he has the coolest stories to tell, Being a pilot most of those years He can tell you stories that either bust your sides laughing or make you realize how lucky you are you never had to be at war.
    Biggest benefit His kids got out of it was being raised in the oreint, you have a broad open mind from that.
    Biggest draw back for my father, Spent 9 months as a POW
    He will tell you today he is still proud of serving his country
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

MONEY! I can't think of too many reasons I would be working if I didn't need that crap for all these toys.

Well, I guess there is the 2 - 3 hrs on the freeway every day, the satisfaction of working with people with "different" opinions, the frequent travel that keeps me from Jeepin, and the list goes on... And they pay me for this stuff?!!! That's how much I enjoy it.

Seriously, don't pass up the money unless it somehow screws up your ability to go Jeepin. Commuter cars are for commuting.
      1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
      My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I put job satisfaction.

Where else can you load high explosives on airplanes, and send them off the ship, and then watch the news of your handiwork?

Shock and Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

I now work on the Navy's newest hornet. Kind of like working on a brand new car.

Navy-Jeepster
        Gold Digger
        Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
        Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I voted the money. For me, where else can someone striaght out of high school go and make 50k a year without any experience? Granted I've been in the compact disc industrie for 6 - 7 years. The first place I worked screwed me outof my hours (worked 50 got paid 40 if I was lucky) then got a call from the current place offering me x amount and I turned it down. 2 years later they called back and I accepted.

I mean come on, during the busy season I can gross over 2g in a week, then Uncle Sam takes 1k of it I'm thinkin thats perty good for a high school education.
          04 Rubicon
          4.5" RE Super Flex
          1" BL
          CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
          Currie Anti-rock swaybar
          35" el cheapos
          Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
            ocean thing??? :confused:

Bob said I should ask you about Larry Goodman (I think that's his name...), what happened to Larry?
            You know, that BIG ocean has more opportunity then that little bowl, you just got to jump in.

Larry? Well that's too long of a story, he made some bad choices, mistakes over a long time that management didn't like. Robin is the new Larry, Larry was never a worker fish (as most of us are). Boss fish get canned when they continue to F-up, worker fish get promoted or moved to another dept.

But, Larry will be back they say, perhaps as a client now at his new job.

Money money money monneey, MONEY!
            ...makes the world go round, the world go round, kinda sounds like a song.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
              You know, that BIG ocean has more opportunity then that little bowl, you just got to jump in.

Larry? Well that's too long of a story, he made some bad choices, mistakes over a long time that management didn't like. Robin is the new Larry, Larry was never a worker fish (as most of us are). Boss fish get canned when they continue to F-up, worker fish get promoted or moved to another dept.

But, Larry will be back they say, perhaps as a client now at his new job.

Money money money monneey, MONEY!
              ...makes the world go round, the world go round, kinda sounds like a song.

B&T TJ
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I didn't stay. Money sucked, bosses sucked, no benefits, money sucked. So I quit to learn how to turn wrenches. Kinda fits with the jeepin' thing.
                Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

Working...
                X