Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blktj----famous????

Did I miss this, or did he just not tell anyone????

http://www.eco4wd.com/newsletters/Bonus2005Web.pdf pages 13 - 17.

The TJ looks awefully familiar...... :yay:
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

famous??? nope. but yeah, that's my Jeep.

just goes to show ya... it's not who ya know, but who knows you.

a big thanks to harry and blaine for the chance to try those out.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

So, how are they? Really. I am considering a set.....pending a major decision regarding the jeeps future trail use.

And yes, it is who knows you....how else am I secretly stealing the "king of free sh!t" title from Erik???

KG6OWO

Comment

I remember that day. Those things worked great. They appear much better than a standard beadlock.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Dude goodtimes ... I don't care what anyone else says about you but that's good spottin right there! I don't think I would ever have caught that.
          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
            So, how are they? Really. I am considering a set.....pending a major decision regarding the jeeps future trail use.

And yes, it is who knows you....how else am I secretly stealing the "king of free sh!t" title from Erik???
            hey! wait a damn minute here. you are moving in on my "king of free shit" title?!
            [by the way, my jeep is in those pics too

what kind of free shit are we talking about here?
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ

you are indeed famous now brian..
              you are the "staun man"
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Brian, you're famous!!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Well, we owe you a big thanks for letting us subject you and your rig to some bizarre tests. It makes a big difference in the outcome when the participants are willing and tolerant with our bumbling around trying to derive scenarios to show the product at it's best.

Thank You Brian, it is appreciated.
                  I am Savvy.

Comment

First off, on the road, you don't even know these things are there. They all balanced up great at america's tire the day we installed them and they are still fine.

If you read the entire article, you'll know that their ability to keep the tire bead on the rim is pretty incredible. We tried everything we could think of to get them to fail, I even drove around on 4 flat tires for awhile... all the beads held. That's pretty cool.

The other two important factors of standard beadlocks are that they keep your tires from spinning on the rim when aired down and that with a 3" ring, you get alot of protection for your valvestems and the wheel itself.

Over two trips up sledgehammer, my front tires have not spun at all on the rims. During the first trip I had the internals at about 35psi and at lunchtime i discovered the back tires had spun 1" each. The second trip I had the internal at about 48psi and the rears moved a negligable 1/4 to 3/8ths inch. I think maybe with some sort of anti-slip surface on the inside of the rim bead, this slight issue may be eliminated all together.

As for no protection ring, this is somewhat of an issue for me. I've ripped 4 valvestems in the above stated two trips. My wheels are also getting very "rock-rashed". I may have a ring welded to my existing wheels or possibly buy "street locks" and try and fit a larger ring on them. Haven't really looked into to this a bunch yet.

My seat of the pants review is that the jeep seems to hook-up more solidly on the trail. Not sure why this is, just seems like the tires really "grab" the rocks and hold on, not as much tire slipping or spinning. I can't prove it in any way, just feels like it.

and FWIW

The military tool for inserting valve stems from the outside of the wheel via compressed air is awesome!!! I need one!!! If anyone knows what I'm talking about and where to find one, please let me know.

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for ya.
                    Last edited by blkTJ; 12-11-04, 12:27 AM.
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Erik, don't worry, I'm still a ways off from stealing your title.....but when I do, it will be in fine fashion!

Brian, good to hear that you aren't having any problems with them, the theory behind them is sound, and I like the "no balance problem" aspect of them, although, like you, I am slightly concerned about the lack of a rock ring. Have you had anyone mount a tire for you once you installed them? Wondering if there will be a problem with the equipment most places use to mount the tire.....as in, will you have to remove them prior to having new tires put on?

KG6OWO

Comment

The military tool for inserting valve stems from the outside of the wheel via compressed air is awesome!!! I need one!!! If anyone knows what I'm talking about and where to find one, please let me know.

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for ya.
                        Yeah you do, the rental fees on the one in your possession is accruing at a prodigious rate.
                        I am Savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
                          Yeah you do, the rental fees on the one in your possession is accruing at a prodigious rate.
                          Hahaha! Bad Brian!
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
                            check your tire bag blaine, i gave it back.
                            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Have you had anyone mount a tire for you once you installed them? Wondering if there will be a problem with the equipment most places use to mount the tire.....as in, will you have to remove them prior to having new tires put on?
                              sorry to say... once you put these things on you better have the ability to break beads and swap tires. There's just to much stuff you have to do right on the install to make them perform correctly. I'd never trust any tire co to put 'em back together.

this means... you blow a tire... you take it off the rim... take it to the shop... get it replaced... bring it home... mount it w/internal beadlock... take it to get it balanced when you can. my $.02.
                              Last edited by blkTJ; 12-12-04, 03:13 AM.
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X