Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to pak on a two or more trail Ride?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by igofshn
    Omelet in a bag is a great breakfast.
    I'll second that. Thanks for bringing extras Al.

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    Originally posted by sarah
    What kind of bags do you use (that don't leak like ours did last year on the Rubicon)? lol
    I have one of those nifty vacuum sealers...and the bags are meant to be frozen and boiled.

Tam

Leave a comment:

• D4x4Fish
    replied
    let's do a night run sometime!
    Good freinds starry sky and Budlite mmmmmm sounds good

Leave a comment:

• D4x4Fish
    replied
    What kind of bags do you use (that don't leak like ours did last year on the Rubicon)? lol
    YUK :confused2

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    I use the heavy duty freezer type zip locks. I have never had a problem with them.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by D4x4Fish
    I would like to say YES, but doesn't look like this year. I'm out of vaction, school takes up alot of my time. I just wanted to get a list so I can buy the things I dont have.(one piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime) old Johnny Cash song. Put them on the shelf for when I needed them. Maybe make some test runs overniters. So next year I can maybe make some of the runs with the MJR's crew like the Moab/ Rubicon, maybe some trails in Colorado or the Great State of Wyoming.
    let's do a night run sometime!

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by igofshn
    Meals can also be pre made. Put them in a ziplock bag and then use boiling water to heat it up. Omelet in a bag is a great breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• D4x4Fish
    replied
    dan, are you talking about an upcoming trip or just in general?
    I would like to say YES, but doesn't look like this year. I'm out of vaction, school takes up alot of my time. I just wanted to get a list so I can buy the things I dont have.(one piece at a time and it didn't cost me a dime) old Johnny Cash song. Put them on the shelf for when I needed them. Maybe make some test runs overniters. So next year I can maybe make some of the runs with the MJR's crew like the Moab/ Rubicon, maybe some trails in Colorado or the Great State of Wyoming.

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Meals can also be pre made. Put them in a ziplock bag and then use boiling water to heat it up. Omelet in a bag is a great breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    For food, I prefer things that are pre-prepared at home, or can be quickly assembled on the trail. Fried chicken, potatoe salad, dry salami/cheese/crackers, fruit, etc., I don't really like cooking on the trail, just because of the clean up involved. It is just too messy unless I am planning on spending alot of time at camp each day. In that case, I will go as far as heating up a can of soup for dinner, or cooking a couple of eggs in the morning.

When we usually stop for lunch on a trail, it takes me about 10 minutes from the time I pull the cooler out until I put it back. I have been on many trips where I am done eating, and have everything packed up before the rest of the group gets all their stuff out!

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    as for food, sandwiches are the easiest for lunch, along with crackers and other snacks. bugers & dogs are easy for dinner, it just depends on how involved you'd like to get. for the sand dunes we take a full size grill and cook filets!

dan, are you talking about an upcoming trip or just in general?

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...berId=12500226

Leave a comment:

• D4x4Fish
    replied
    Originally posted by jmbrowning
    The Missus and I carry a "Fat Fifty" ammo can and WAG Bags for our solid waste. The enzymes in the WAG bag make it EPA-legal to toss in the regular garbage.
    HTH.
    :confused: What is a WAG bag? where can we get them at? :confused:

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    TP aka Mountain Gold is important. As is all hygiene equipment. The Missus and I carry a "Fat Fifty" ammo can and WAG Bags for our solid waste. The enzymes in the WAG bag make it EPA-legal to toss in the regular garbage. Else you'd have to fish it all out and put in a toilet. Course you may be able to get away with burying your waste if the soil conditions permit fast decomposition. Desert/rocky environs usually don't.

If you bury, make it at least 8" deep and always pack your TP out. Burning is a bad idea, trust me, unless you like the idea of chasing after a piece of stinky ember to stamp it out.

Other hygiene stuff:
    *Garbage bags (get the contractor bags, much thicker)
    *Bring a packet of baby wipes. They are much easier to use than soap and water. Alcohol-based handgel usually just makes for muddy (and later on, chapped) hands.
    *sunscreen
    *bath-in-a-bag (sponge bath in a pre wetted package, used in hospitals, sponge on and wipe off, no soap or additional water required)

HTH.
    Last edited by jmbrowning; 08-10-04, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    Excellent List Chris!

You forgot the MOST important item ...Toilet Paper

Also, dont forget a first aid kit of some sort.

Tam

Leave a comment:

Working...
X