Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to pak on a two or more trail Ride?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by jmbrowning
    That's interesting. I hadn't heard that before. I know they sell off-road guides to Southern California trails at the local REI store.

Do you have any documentation that they are spending money to close down trails?
    I'm going to start a new thread about this, I'm dying to know more info on this subject!
    Here it is: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...2842#post22842

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Just be aware that REI spends a ton of money every year in efforts to close down motorized ohv trails. They believe that if you want to see the back country, you should do it on foot, or on a bike.
    That's interesting. I hadn't heard that before. I know they sell off-road guides to Southern California trails at the local REI store.

Do you have any documentation that they are spending money to close down trails?

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied
    Originally posted by loop choke
    IGOFSHN,

Sorry for the off topic post. I just looked through your photo album. You are the guy that made me want a Jeep. The first pi in your album in the LCC V cut has me in it. I am the guy in the blue shirt and goatee. I was there when you drove over that big rock before the second waterfall. Just wanted to say

Jason
    Hmmm...and I thought I was cool doing it in a station wagon

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    IGOFSHN,

Sorry for the off topic post. I just looked through your photo album. You are the guy that made me want a Jeep. The first pi in your album in the LCC V cut has me in it. I am the guy in the blue shirt and goatee. I was there when you drove over that big rock before the second waterfall. Just wanted to say

Jason
    Were you with the Exterra group? Just so you know, we are going back to LC this weekend (sunday).

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/f99c13a2.jpg
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...0/f99c1376.jpg
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...5/f99c1342.jpg
    Last edited by igofshn; 08-11-04, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    IGOFSHN,

Jason
    wow! now we can add al to the "famous" list!!

Leave a comment:

• loop choke
    replied
    Dukes,

:mad:

Jason

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    IGOFSHN,

I just looked through your photo album. You are the guy that made me want a Jeep. The first pi in your album in the LCC V cut has me in it. I am the guy in the blue shirt and goatee. I was there when you drove over that big rock before the second waterfall. Just wanted to say

Jason
    Now thats Scary!!!! Loop Choke, I'm sooo sorry.

Just funnin with ya AL! Oh and semi-serious too

Leave a comment:

• loop choke
    replied
    IGOFSHN,

Jason

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Just be aware that REI spends a ton of money every year in efforts to close down motorized ohv trails. They believe that if you want to see the back country, you should do it on foot, or on a bike.
    OH WTF!?!?!? I have never heard that. JMBrowning is going to have a cow!

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris_L
    I usually hit La salsa the night before and pick up a couple of bean/cheese/chicken burritos {Nothing with lettice or stuff that's nasty when re-heated} and throw then on the engine at camp. By lunch there nice and ready.
    we have a winner! nothing that fancy for me though... usually one of those 25 cent burritos, or a slice or 2 of leftover pizza and I'm good

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Wag Bags can be had individually at REI outlets or by the case if you go to Sports Chalet.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied
    Food can also be prepared while you are driving. A little chorizo (already cooked), eggs, cheese, leftover baked potato double wrapped in large tortillas can be wrapped once further in aluminum foil and shoved on the engine manifold at the trailhead. 90 minutes of driving later...voila!...hot burritos are served!

I usually hit La salsa the night before and pick up a couple of bean/cheese/chicken burritos {Nothing with lettice or stuff that's nasty when re-heated} and throw then on the engine at camp. By lunch there nice and ready.
    Last edited by Chris_L; 08-11-04, 08:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    Originally posted by D4x4Fish
    :confused: What is a WAG bag? where can we get them at? :confused:
    Wag Bags can be had individually at REI outlets or by the case if you go to Sports Chalet.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    Food can also be prepared while you are driving. A little chorizo (already cooked), eggs, cheese, leftover baked potato double wrapped in large tortillas can be wrapped once further in aluminum foil and shoved on the engine manifold at the trailhead. 90 minutes of driving later...voila!...hot burritos are served!

Leave a comment:

• D4x4Fish
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepGal
    I have one of those nifty vacuum sealers...and the bags are meant to be frozen and boiled.

Tam
    That'll make a neto christmas gift for the wife Thanks :thumbs_up

Leave a comment:

Working...
X