Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered the last leaf pack available in the world for a YJ front end. 4WD Parts says it looks like August before RE is up and running again. I better take it real easy until Then.
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

I am sure there are some spring manufacturers still around that can make some springs custom for you, possibly better to. Atlas Spring in city of industry comes to mind. I seem to remember mitch braking a spring to a while ago also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
        I am sure there are some spring manufacturers still around that can make some springs custom for you, possibly better to. Atlas Spring in city of industry comes to mind. I seem to remember mitch braking a spring to a while ago also.
        Deaver in Santa Ana as well. They actually rebuilt one of my RE packs once.
        Check out .

Comment

Beau,

The one I broke was driver error. So after 200+ runs on RE parts and the RE lift I think they are awesome on the YJ at least. I have bent and tweaked those springs so many times. I've inverted the shackles and ground the springs and mounts on rocks more times than I can count. The success to the suspension set up on the great88 is that it was bought as a complete lift and kit. Roger should have years of fun after replacing that leaf spring.

Comment

I wasnt knocking the kit I rembered reading somthing about you breaking one a while ago couldnt recall what or why. Just wondering if it was the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Beau,

The one I broke was driver error. So after 200+ runs on RE parts and the RE lift I think they are awesome on the YJ at least. I have bent and tweaked those springs so many times. I've inverted the shackles and ground the springs and mounts on rocks more times than I can count. The success to the suspension set up on the great88 is that it was bought as a complete lift and kit. Roger should have years of fun after replacing that leaf spring.
              After running with Mitch for over three years and watching his RE suspension in action is a big reason why I bought his Jeep. Nothing lasts forever and we put our Jeeps through stuff that would destroy most vehicles in short order....

Thanks for the information on companies who rebuild spring packs, I may need that in the future!
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
              X