Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that your going to see alot of $$ pumped into the name RE.
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm no fan of TransAmerican as alot of other people aren't. I just don't see them trying to fix the problems that RE has had in the past with there suspension kits. I believe it was the problems that caused RE demise.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

What problems were these? I've only ever heard good things about them.
        USMC F&AM

Comment

I have a RE 5.5" lift and cut all the RE bushings ends off and replaced them with Johnny joints. The problem RE had was a poor design shape and material construction of the RE made bushings. The hour glass shape is a poor design/ shape for flex and absorption of vibration. The durometer (compound) that made up the bushings was poor too since it wasn't a true rubber bushings or compound. I have yet to drive my jeep with the new joints, but I am sure they will hold up longer, and have a rebuildable design allowing for better maintenhance. I will post up pics soon

Cost to change ends thru T&j performance in the city of Orange was $1500, they did all the conversion.

Other than the bushings going bad and RE closing there doors, I really like there product
          Last edited by HookandLadder; 05-04-11, 02:40 PM.

Comment

They had problems with there TJ lifts mostly. The rubber bushings went bad often. The 5.5 longarm lift had problems with the rear track bar bracket ripping off the axle. the front axle would unload terribly. The radius front arms did not flex well.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

They have had issues with bushings on all their lifts. They were making them in china and they just were not up to the task that we need them to do. I dont want to hash the radius arm debate but the radius arms flex great for me. hopefuly TA doesnet start making all the RE parts in China. right before RE closed i got a set of natural rubber bushings for my lift and now have 20k on them with no issues and they were made by a company here in the US, RE said that the rubber bushings were 4x the cost of the china ones...

Comment

Everything flexes better with coilovers. Not fair comparison. The problem with TA is SB & PC are China built stuff.

Comment

Got my new daystar made urethane rubicon express replacment bushing today. I am sure they will out last the rubber ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                    Got my new daystar made urethane rubicon express replacment bushing today. I am sure they will out last the rubber ones.
                    Mine are on order.... I have another set of natural rubber ones on the shelf as well.

Comment

this is not good news for Rubicon Express.... thier higher quality parts will now be degraded into the category with Rancho and the like.....
                      '04 Yellow Rubicon on 40's with 1 Ton's!
                      President - Rubicon4WDA

Comment

Originally posted by Eye4Mud View Post
                        this is not good news for Rubicon Express.... thier higher quality parts will now be degraded into the category with Rancho and the like.....
                        RE will continue to be manufactured in NORCAL. So for now just seems like a change in ownership. Heck even Procomp who is owned by TAP is made in san diego

Comment

I had RE on my TJ. I had joints at both ends of my control arms. No rubber bushings. They worked great for a short arm kit. 1375 on a 20* ramp.
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                            RE will continue to be manufactured in NORCAL. So for now just seems like a change in ownership. Heck even Procomp who is owned by TAP is made in san diego
                            I thought procomp was made in china just like smittybuilt and the rest of the companies they own. I could be wrong though.

Comment

I got a RE SF short arm for jeep when I first build it. I had some problems with the busing so they made me a deal on replacing them with SF joints. I'm still running those joints to this day on my midarm setup. RE had some problems with warranty and not so good service. But I still do not like TAP, but we will see. But bottom line, at one time RE was the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                                I thought procomp was made in china just like smittybuilt and the rest of the companies they own. I could be wrong though.
                                Pics from there facility in San Diego

Comment

Working...
                                X