Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Express Closed?

To Our Loyal Customers and Friends,

Rubicon Express is currently closed, pending reorganization. For the latest news and current information, please visit our blog at RubiconUSA.com or follow the “blog” link in the left column of this page.

RE

This is what pops up on the website when you go to their page. In addition to this the lift I've been dreaming of for a few months is now ~$300 more expensive...

Anyone heard anything?
    USMC F&AM

Been this way for a while, maybe about 2 months now?
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I've replaced most of my RE stuff w/Currie over the years as needed. There's a vendor or two on board that carry their stuff at good prices. Savvy is one I know of.

Cheers!

Comment

Good to know. I do remember seeing this message a couple months ago but figured it was just a temporary thing... Guess not. How is the Currie stuff?
        USMC F&AM

Comment

I am not sure this has been posted yet but daystar has started making RE hourglass bushing out of urethane. I thought the old ones were made from urethane but i guess I was wrong they are rubber. Hopefully these last alot longer than the old ones. ~$60 shiped for complete set of 8 minus spacers. http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/day...s-p-48106.html

Comment

I would cut those ends off and weld some of the small currie jj's on there and be done with it once and for all.
            The rubber failed due to much flexing/ movement and Urethane will do so even faster. In other words pretty good change that under hard use they will shred

Comment

Yea I know but dont have the funds right now art. I am just trying to keep it on the trail, As far as durability daystar claim they willl outlast the rubber ones. The rubber ones lasted me a fairly long time before all that flexing ate them up.

Comment

Look at the fulltraction long arm lifts and how well their Urethane bushings hold up, about 2 or 3 hard trips and they are done.
                Urethane is great for car suspensions but under flex it does not like a lot of pressure on a small area, rubber works better there since it compresses better and still retains it's original form.

This is about all you need http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1261
                34 bucks each, do the 2 you need and you are done. Never have to worry about it again

Comment

Yea I seen those fulltraction bushings (freds) IMO and IIRC his, they weren't designed very good. I remember them having splits going out from the hole so they were prone to fail in that area and they usually did (ask fred). Not to mention the longer arm has more leverage and most likely stressed them alot more. For those currie jj its going to be $34 times 4 not 2 plus tax and shipping and they have to be welded on. I will go that route when I do a mid or long arm sleeve conversion like curtis did. They are supposed be a new formula or mix that have the same characteristics as rubber. My teraflex arms had urethane bushing in them and have never beem replaced once for the 5+ years they were in my jeep, never riped or tore one either.That supension flexed more than the RE ever did also. They were a little lose when I sold them but still usable. If these new improved bushing dont work like they should, I will send them back for a refund.
                  Last edited by Jeeperator; 04-11-11, 03:12 PM.

Comment

That will work, I had some of those terra flex arms and they did wear the bushings, just didn't tear them and yes they worked ok.
                    I guess for the money and it includes all the bushings for all the arms it's worth a try

Comment

LOL! thats probably why the teraflex arms in my jeep flexed so good they were pretty wallored out and I did recomend the new buyer replace them.

Comment

You know what I did when I bought Teraflex's Gen1 3"adj arms? The ones that were adj by way of course threading like a jackscrew and just one locknut. I threw them away after 3 runs and put my stock arms on. WASTE OF MONEY THAT WAS!.. Of course that was 1997. We've learned alot since then.
                        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Here you go.....

May 2, 2011(Compton, CA) – TransAmerican Auto Parts, the nation’s leading retailer and supplier of off-road truck & Jeep accessories, has announced the purchase of Rubicon Express.

President and CEO Greg Adler stated, “This acquisition is a perfect fit for TransAmerican. Rubicon Express is the leader in the Jeep suspension category. Their heritage, founded on the famous Rubicon trails of Northern California, is deep in the hard core suspension performance. Jeep enthusiasts have come to know Rubicon Express as the ultimate system for their vehicles. Our 4Wheel Parts stores and our 4Wheel Drive Hardware business serve these enthusiasts and the Rubicon brand will strengthen this core segment. Our 25 years of experience in suspension manufacturing at Pro-Comp will help in the integration of the Rubicon business”.

“TransAmerican has made a number of strategic acquisitions to grow the business” Adler explained. “As the economy improves and our business continues to strengthen, it will allow us to look at more strategic opportunities such as Rubicon Express”, he added.

Founded in 1961, TransAmerican Auto Parts is the leading participant in the aftermarket parts and accessories for light trucks, Jeeps, sport utility vehicles, and other four-wheel drive vehicles. The Company sells tires and wheels, suspension systems, drive trains, accessories, and other products to consumers through 55 retail locations in 17 states under the 4 Wheel Parts Performance Centers name, to more than 4,000 wholesale customers, including specialty auto parts stores, tire and wheel stores, repair and garage shops, internet retailers and jobbers under the TransAmerican Wholesale name. It also sells to consumers and businesses through mail order and internet operations under the 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers name. In addition, the Company operates a manufacturing business that sells tires and wheels, suspension systems and accessories under the Pro Comp and Smittybilt brand name, both through the Company’s own distribution channels as well as through third parties.
                          [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                            You know what I did when I bought Teraflex's Gen1 3"adj arms? The ones that were adj by way of course threading like a jackscrew and just one locknut. I threw them away after 3 runs and put my stock arms on. WASTE OF MONEY THAT WAS!.. Of course that was 1997. We've learned alot since then.
                            Mine had no locknut and they were swivel type arms that swiveled on the threads. Need to keep them well lubed though. They actually flexed really good for me.

Comment

Thanks for paying, that Scott. Now of they woulda just stayed open.
                              USMC F&AM

Comment

Working...
                              X