Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cc2
    If you really want to get technical, Mercedes / (daimler benz)bought the whole group - Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep several years ago so the new Jeeps are really a Mercedes? :confused:
    Actually ALL car manufacturers have been in bed with eachother since the beginning of the automobile industry. Don't be suprised to find Ford parts in earlier Hondas or Mitzubishi (sp) parts earlier Chrysler vehicles. They all swap parts for the greater good of making money.

as for: "Does that thing have a HEMI? Can you say HEMI?"

I gotta wait another 3 weeks or so for my TJ!!!

Oh Yah...almost forgot...Congrats Tammy of the new DD!

I can finally get back to my Jeep BBs since I managed to change my work schedule to be off on the weekends. I've been working part time at the Avondale Chyrsler-Jeep dealership as a lot attendant & was recently promoted into the shop doing oil changes & such. I'm now gonna be the head tech's assistant doing all the fun jobs, engine rebuilds, tranny rebuilds, etc. I'm getting the Hands-on training I need to work on my own Jeep! and possibly a better opportunity to bet myself into the BMW graduate program so I can work on my own car too.
    Last edited by Bumpy; 02-21-04, 11:46 AM.
    '04 Solar Yellow AEV HEMI Rubicon
    '05 M3 ZCP SG/IR

Comment

She was purty...now shes got an owie...

The kids and I were hit by a dump truck today:

[IMG] [/IMG]

Were all ok, for the most part. Im pretty pissed off about the entire thing. We were both turning right in seperate lanes, and he swung too wide, hitting the door. Ive only had the car for 10 days !!!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

what a freakin' bummmer!!!:mad: that really sux big time. glad everyone is o.k.

on the bright side... you got your first body damage over with.

looks like all you need is a new door and you'll never know it happened. hope that takes care of it, and that you got all the insurance info from the other guy.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

so it was his fault then right? hopefully your insurance won't go up
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sure it was a dump truck and not the blue jeep, you got a nice blue steak down it. you know jeep get jealous when you drive something else. Just kidding glad to hear everyones alright. One thing is true cars do drive and ride better and get better gas milage. But when I was driving the wifes car before she got her XJ we would always run into one of those traffic situations where if we were in the jeep we could go around the problem ie: jump the curb cut accorss the median and the worst one is when driving in a new area and see a trail you want to check out.
            75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
              so it was his fault then right? hopefully your insurance won't go up
              Thats what it looks like.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

That blows. Hope everything goes smooth w/ the insurance.
                I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

That sucks!

dump trucks suck
                  Kirk
                  1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Glad everyone was ok.

Comment

I have a question for ya'll.

The truck that hit us was a company vehicle. I think they are making the Driver pay for this, or theyd like to anyway, IF I agree to let them pay for my repairs out of pocket, instead of using his insurance company. My insurance company says its my decision. Im not sure what to do. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Tam

Comment

Tam was this driver doing company business at this time? The reason why I am asking is then the company needs to pay for it. If he was driving the truck home then it needs to come out of his pocket. Otherwise, if he was on company time the company can go after HIS insurance.

BTW, Glad everyone was okay.
                        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                          Tam was this driver doing company business at this time?
                          He was driving to a job, he had a load of asphalt or something in his truck. I agree with your statement, however, I think hes going to lose his job if I have the company insurance cover it. I know that it shouldnt weigh into my decision, however, if theres no real reason not to do this, then Id far rather have him keep his job. I know, I care too much about people I dont know, that probably have been screwups their entire lives. ....sigh...That comment in itself should make up my mind... :confused:

Tam

Comment

many(about 5) years ago I was hit in chicago by a driver without insurance. he pleaded with me not to call the police and said he would gladly pay for the repairs. I hesitantly agreed and took down his driver liscence info and his plate number.

the next day i went to 2 shops and got quotes. I then went to his home address, showed the info to his wife and she cut me a check. it did not bounce.

was it the right thing to do? maybe not. was it breaking the law? yes. but it all worked out in the end.

my $.02.
                            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

My mom got hit by a truck about a month ago. The guy gave her all his info and then drove away before the police could show up. My mom, being the trusting person she is, didn't try to keep him there. The next day she called his insurance. Everything he gave her was bogus. None of the numbers worked, the insurance company had never heard of him, and it turns out that the company name he gave was bogus, too.

My mom's ins. paid for it, but it'll probably raise her rates.

I know you feel for the guy, but if the company is going to fire him for an accident, then it's not his first. Most companies understand that there are hazards to driving on the road full-time. Also, if it is for real and you take the agreement, then you'll probably give up the ability to go after them later if for any reason there turn out to be any medical issues.

I know it feels bad, but there's a reason WHY we have insurance.

Just my .02
                              '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Working...
                              X