Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reveal your xmas haul!!!

this is for all of you that would like to flaunt your haul over the holidays... I'll start.

IR impact wrench

standard and metric IR deep impact sockets

set of metric combination wrenches

canvas roll up bags for wrenches

2 dixie chick cds

poison spyder trail corners (from me to me:yay

all in all, a pretty good haul. no crappy clothes that don't fit. no socks. what more could you ask for!!!
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

you cheater! rick is making me wait, or they would have been open by now!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

So far from the office 3 $25 gift certificates for Sears plus $50 and Godiva chocolates from my officemates, $500+ in bonus from the partners, 2 bottles of wine from clients. I'll be drunk and slightly fat while adding new parts to the Jeep.

I am still waiting on the family haul. Mom is a scary prospect and my brother is out of town.

Comment

Well, the Missus received from me:

RE anti-wrap perches
        4.56 gears
        New fat brake drums
        new Superior axles
        an A-R-B
        and a complete MJ rear Dana 44!

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like the 12 days of Xmas, but nothing says love like a brand-new rearend!

Thanks to Ryan Brown!
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
          Well, the Missus received from me:

RE anti-wrap perches
          4.56 gears
          New fat brake drums
          new Superior axles
          an A-R-B
          and a complete MJ rear Dana 44!

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like the 12 days of Xmas, but nothing says love like a brand-new rearend!

Thanks to Ryan Brown!
          screw diamonds, ARBs are forever!!! way to go man!!! :yay:
          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

here goes...

from work:
            8 bottles of wine
            ~10 lb. of See's candy
            Silver Eagle dollar coin
            $30 gift card to Chili's
            starbucks 4-cup coffee maker and a pound of coffee (in the little pre-measured filter packs)
            bunch of cookies and other misc. chocolates
            Sak's 5th Ave. letter opener/magnifier desk set (monogrammed, even)
            Ghiradelli (sp?) chocolate gift basket
            movie passes
            $250 bonus from work (cash money- tax free )

from friends and family (so far):
            Family guy 1st season on DVD
            t-shirt with stewie saying "Damn You All!"
            Tool (the band) t-shirt

what I know i'm getting tomorrow:
            engine stand from my bro.
            air compressor from Mom
            fat gift card from my gf to Sears (for tools, of course... maybe some clothes too)

from me to me: 53" bigscreen HDTV

edit: woo-hoo 100th post!

Comment

I opened two presents tonight,I am saving the rest for tommorow.hehe

I got a snowboard hat from my sister

From my other sister I got a jeep 2004 calendar!It is great!

And my dad made me open his gift, a confer axle truss with a diff skid!
              This thing rocks!

Comment

you know... I got a bonus this year... but it was on my check like regular hours and got taxed. I now think that sucks.:mad:

so far i think chuck wins (read: chuck buys lunch next run)
                myJeeprocks.com

Comment

You guys already opened all your stuff? The boss/spouse/old ball-and-chain/better half is making me wait till at least 630 am.

I got a dvd/vcr at my work party.

I gotta open gifts from friends tonight. I got a cool firefighter picture frame and a set of pliers to go in my brand new tool chest!! It's the big 5 drawer one with wheels. I got the coolest friends. I also got two of those little rockcrawlers from Wally World. One's the orange Jeep. I've always wanted an orange Jeep. Some day when Ember outgrows the street I'm gonna bomb can her orange.

I pretty sure the wife schemed with my friends and got me a bunch of tools, too. Yay me.
                  I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                  1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

that's funny Mike, (mikey? that just sounds weird) My family always opened presents new years eve after midnight mass. It's just normal to me.
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Let's see the only presents I was allowed to open so far: A DVD trilogy of Back To the Future! Tom knows I love that!! Also, a DVD of McHale's Navy!! Of course, my in-laws sent Tom & I a $100 check so that bought the surround sound DVD player!! Yay. Unfortunately or fortunately (however you want to look at it), Tom is at work right now helping keep our borders safe. He's the computer tech at March Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. He keeps the radars going. Megan wanted to open one and I told her no. We are starting a new tradition. Waiting for the WHOLE family. My sister and her husband and daughter, my mom, my grandma & my brother and, of course, PRegner and his daughter Rochelle will all be over tomorrow. Now if only I can get 1million dollars I would have a terrific christmas. Oh well! Have a Merry Christmas. Even though I had rough patch tonight, I (my family) are having a tough one since my niece died in July she was only 4mos old. Trying to be there for my kids.
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                        you know... I got a bonus this year... but it was on my check like regular hours and got taxed. I now think that sucks.:mad:
                        I'll gladly trade you your taxed bonus for my non-taxed non-existant bonus.

I got a couple of christmas cards. (which is exactly what I sent out).

I quit exchanging gifts for christmas years ago. I don't see a point in spending too much money on something that someone may or may not want, while they do the same for me. I just go get what I want, and they can do the same (BTW, this years present is the jeep dog). It makes Christmas shopping much easier too.

Besides, the commercialization of Christmas is just plain wrong IMO. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to take my present to myself for a walk.

Hope 'yall have a merry Christmas! Stay safe, and out of trouble.
                        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

You've met me and calling me Mikey still seems weird?!?!?

With most of my friends we've all agreed not to shop for gifts for each other, rather we just buy stuff year round that we want. The group that exchanged last night are all new "military" friends that I didn't grow up with and that I don't have the same understanding with.

I hate that Christmas has become so commercial, but it's still cool to get all the gifts from my wife and even more so to buy them for her. For us Christmas is the time to buy stuff that we normally wouldn't buy, either because we couldn't justify the expense (her) or because we'd just procrastinate and never get it (me)

Oh, and the rest of the haul:

A really cool old army style jacket.
                          The Hulk dvd
                          Little green army men, little blue cops, and little red firemen. (All in the style of the little green army men from when I was little)
                          A tool bag for the Jeep.
                          Tools to put in the tool bag and my new tool chest.(Screwdriver set, vise grips, pry bar, BFH. )
                          A 1/43 scale Jeep CJ-2A that's freakin' awesome.
                          And what my wife calls Sexy Socks. They're just heavy grey cotton socks with orange and beige stripes. They're comfy and she likes 'em.

That's my surprise gifts. We each spent ~$150 to surprise each other and we got $100 to buy ourselves presents. I got a dremel kit and some books.
                          I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                          1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

1. axle truss with diff skid

2. gas tank skid

3. 4x doc. front diff skid

4. key chain tire deflator

5. jeep calendar

6. 2 sets of YJ snubbers for my CJ(it's the thought that counts right?)
                            My mom felt so bad that she got me two of the wrong part.......but it is ok,I am glad she tried.Gave all of us a good laugh this morning....hehe
                            Sully

Comment

Next haul had a theme to it:

Mom decided to do up a pirate's chest for me.

I got a ton of earrings: pearls in all three colors, two pairs of opals, topaz in blue and yellow, her antique emeralds that used to belong to my grandmother, two pairs of rubies. I got black and white pearl necklaces and bracelets and a cameo pendant. A huge chunk of raw amber with bugs in it. Amethyst earrings and rings. The rings are proofs from a designer that my mother new back in the 1940s. They are set in silver. (I love antiques! ) And it was all wrapped in a large chunk of gold shot fabric to make a shawl with.

The only thing she forgot to include was the pirate.

Comment

Working...
                              X