• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• king4wd2
    replied
    Originally posted by paulhead
    Mabey you were on Santa's "other" list
    What "other" list does Santa have? Maybe I was on the "naughty" list?! I thought I was "good" all year <<<sniff sniff>>>

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Originally posted by king4wd2
    Of course, after Christmas is when I figure out what I really wanted.
    Mabey you were on Santa's "other" list

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Originally posted by king4wd2
    a Black onyx necklace fromt the hubby

I was just informed by my hubby that it was NOT a black onyx, instead it's a Blue Sapphire. EVEN BETTER since blue is my favorite color!

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Let's see, I or Tom didn't receive anything for Marvin, but I did get 2 DVDs Grease and McHale's Navy, make that three if you count Back to the Future, a Black onyx necklace fromt the hubby, a pair of Christmas sock slippers from Sean, Grease was from Megan. My mom got me a cedar gazebo bird feeder. My aunt in North Carolina sent me a collection of body lotion from Victoria's Secret, and I think that was it. PRegner and daughter gave the family a $25 gift card to Best Buy. Of course, after Christmas is when I figure out what I really wanted.

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Oh yea, Max Payne II on XBOX

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Well, lets . . .
    from Tammy (thank you baby!)

1.5 Million Candlepower spotlight
    some mini LED flashlights
    fuzzy slippers
    77 piece air tool kit (to Us from her)
    69 Charger model and a new wallet (from Christina)
    Shop towels

From Family and Friends

Kilby OBA stuff (YAY!)
    Drill Press (YAY!)
    Welding leathers, so I dont light my self on fire when I'm welding!
    new pair of jeans
    100% wool sweater from Grandma that I wont wear
    mini cordless drill for srond the house
    misc gift cards and cash
    200 MPH club apron with my name embroidered on it (from a buddy of mine)

All in all a pretty good Christmas!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Shopping done...got some real tools...just a Craftsman socket set...they only had the big sets or the dinky sets left...I got as much as I could on the gift cards I had. No cheap stuff anymore (those stay home for house stuff).

Hey, there is a theme here...not what did you get for Christmas...but what did your Jeep get for Christmas. (Although I got the bling.)

Edit: Got air! Wheeee!

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Got myself some new/used tires. My girl got me a GPS/walkie-talkie (Rino). Gonna' take me a year to figurew out how to use it. She also got me lots of clothes; stuff I would actually wear . Santa was good this year. Lots of baby clothes for BABYHEAD

Leave a comment:

• PondScum
    replied
    well my Jeep made out pretty okay this year:

1) CD/MP3 Player

2) 3 Ton Floor Jack w/ Stands

3) CB/Antenna/Speaker combo with everything i need to install it.

CB is going in tomorrow it should prove to be an interesting project.

The only place it's going to fit in my Jeep is in the Tuffy Center Console where a "CD" player should go. (I was told by numberous people that if you mount a CD player in that location it will skip due to the angle).

My problem is that there is a welded in lip running all the way around in this compartment that was designed for a CD player. This lip is preventing the CB from sliding into the space once it's gone the CB should fit in without a problem.

My plan:
    Take out the tuffy console and bust out my grinder and get rid of the lip that is in the way then install the CB. I like this set-up for the CB the best. My CD player is installed where a traditional stereo would be and it has a detachable face so it's good to go for security purposes. If i can get the CB into the spot in the console that was made for the CD player that will give me desired security for it. All i will have to do is plug in/un-plug the CB mic when i am/am not using it.

EDIT: After consulting my build team for this project we are going to attempt a different approach. The bottom of the tuffy console where a CD player would go has no floor. I might get lucky and be able to install the CB through the bottom and use the lip on the top as a securing device rather then grind it off......more to follow.

Incase anyone was wondering the CB in question is the Cobra 29 LTD Classic (already tweaked and peaked).

If i get motivated enough i might take pictures and do a write-up on it. I am not sure how much if any interest anyone would have heck the easy thing to do would be to buy a CB that actually fits into the tuffy console.....but what fun would that be?
    Last edited by PondScum; 12-25-03, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Next haul had a theme to it:

Mom decided to do up a pirate's chest for me.

I got a ton of earrings: pearls in all three colors, two pairs of opals, topaz in blue and yellow, her antique emeralds that used to belong to my grandmother, two pairs of rubies. I got black and white pearl necklaces and bracelets and a cameo pendant. A huge chunk of raw amber with bugs in it. Amethyst earrings and rings. The rings are proofs from a designer that my mother new back in the 1940s. They are set in silver. (I love antiques! ) And it was all wrapped in a large chunk of gold shot fabric to make a shawl with.

The only thing she forgot to include was the pirate.

Leave a comment:

• Sully
    replied
    1. axle truss with diff skid

2. gas tank skid

3. 4x doc. front diff skid

4. key chain tire deflator

5. jeep calendar

6. 2 sets of YJ snubbers for my CJ(it's the thought that counts right?)
    My mom felt so bad that she got me two of the wrong part.......but it is ok,I am glad she tried.Gave all of us a good laugh this morning....hehe
    Sully

Leave a comment:

• mikeythefireman
    replied
    You've met me and calling me Mikey still seems weird?!?!?

With most of my friends we've all agreed not to shop for gifts for each other, rather we just buy stuff year round that we want. The group that exchanged last night are all new "military" friends that I didn't grow up with and that I don't have the same understanding with.

I hate that Christmas has become so commercial, but it's still cool to get all the gifts from my wife and even more so to buy them for her. For us Christmas is the time to buy stuff that we normally wouldn't buy, either because we couldn't justify the expense (her) or because we'd just procrastinate and never get it (me)

Oh, and the rest of the haul:

A really cool old army style jacket.
    The Hulk dvd
    Little green army men, little blue cops, and little red firemen. (All in the style of the little green army men from when I was little)
    A tool bag for the Jeep.
    Tools to put in the tool bag and my new tool chest.(Screwdriver set, vise grips, pry bar, BFH. )
    A 1/43 scale Jeep CJ-2A that's freakin' awesome.
    And what my wife calls Sexy Socks. They're just heavy grey cotton socks with orange and beige stripes. They're comfy and she likes 'em.

That's my surprise gifts. We each spent ~$150 to surprise each other and we got $100 to buy ourselves presents. I got a dremel kit and some books.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Originally posted by blkTJ
    you know... I got a bonus this year... but it was on my check like regular hours and got taxed. I now think that sucks.:mad:
    I'll gladly trade you your taxed bonus for my non-taxed non-existant bonus.

I got a couple of christmas cards. (which is exactly what I sent out).

I quit exchanging gifts for christmas years ago. I don't see a point in spending too much money on something that someone may or may not want, while they do the same for me. I just go get what I want, and they can do the same (BTW, this years present is the jeep dog). It makes Christmas shopping much easier too.

Besides, the commercialization of Christmas is just plain wrong IMO. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to take my present to myself for a walk.

Hope 'yall have a merry Christmas! Stay safe, and out of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Let's see the only presents I was allowed to open so far: A DVD trilogy of Back To the Future! Tom knows I love that!! Also, a DVD of McHale's Navy!! Of course, my in-laws sent Tom & I a $100 check so that bought the surround sound DVD player!! Yay. Unfortunately or fortunately (however you want to look at it), Tom is at work right now helping keep our borders safe. He's the computer tech at March Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement. He keeps the radars going. Megan wanted to open one and I told her no. We are starting a new tradition. Waiting for the WHOLE family. My sister and her husband and daughter, my mom, my grandma & my brother and, of course, PRegner and his daughter Rochelle will all be over tomorrow. Now if only I can get 1million dollars I would have a terrific christmas. Oh well! Have a Merry Christmas. Even though I had rough patch tonight, I (my family) are having a tough one since my niece died in July she was only 4mos old. Trying to be there for my kids.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    that's funny Mike, (mikey? that just sounds weird) My family always opened presents new years eve after midnight mass. It's just normal to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X