Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very nice Mike. I like the shot of the bridge.
    Check out .

Comment

• Here's another bird picture for you guys.

WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

• Hawk wars

A few of us ran the Mojave Road this weekend,:thumbs_up so you'll see this series of photos again when Chuck starts a report, but I just loaded these and couldn't beleive how cool this is. The Hawk was nesting in a small canyon we camped in one night. We got a great show the next morning... I guess the neigbors don't get along well.

There's a bunch more on my photobucket. I'll put up a link to that on the Mojave Road thread.
        Last edited by RAT; 05-04-08, 09:03 PM.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Holy crap, you stole my pictures. Great shooting Kurt. She was a great subject. I'll try to post some later.
          Check out .

Comment

• more rattle snakes

Hey Chuck,
            Here you go man. I came across this beauty while in Parker, AZ. for a freinds wedding. HE was not as cooperative as the Mojave Green, but still got some good pics. THis guy is about 3" long. Had to have just shed; the markings were stunning. All together I counted 15-16 snakes today.

This the "coon tail" I was telling you about last weekend.

Comment

• Nice shot Kurt. He is cool looking.
              Check out .

Comment

• Hey Rat! I did some homework on this snake and it appears that you captured pics of a young (2 to 3 yr-old) Western DiamondBack Rattlesnake. Good thing that you just took pics. They tend to stand their ground when threatened according to the Desert USA site.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by Malachi View Post
                  Hey Rat! I did some homework on this snake and it appears that you captured pics of a young (2 to 3 yr-old) Western DiamondBack Rattlesnake. Good thing that you just took pics. They tend to stand their ground when threatened according to the Desert USA site.
                  Your research is correct. He did stand his ground; a truck just ran over him (not hit him, just rolled over him) and he was pretty pissed about it. The fact that I was trying to take pics of him didn't make him any happier. But this is the species I have caught more of than any other. When they're not upset or feeling threatened they can actually be handled fairly well. I've not seen the facial markings quite so pronounced; damn purty snake.

Comment

• That is one pissed of snake. He's scaring me just looking at the picture. I'm glad you left this one alone.:thumbs_up
                    Check out .

Comment

• The Warf Rat

I just realized I've never posted pics of my boat. I was playing with some settings on the camera in the fading light this evening and the marina was looking kind of picturesque, so what the hey...

from the parking lot

The nieghbors

These things are like trees around here...

Here's a real boat, none of that "wind power" crap for me

It's way fun having two throttles

All you that have camped with me now know where the Margarita's come from

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                        I'm JEALOUS!!!!!!

A couple weekends ago, I did get a nice day trip on this beauty:

(Kurt.... Saturday October 18th, where are you going to be? I'm hoping to be in Vegas seeing Buffett for my b-day!)
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• Kurt, I'm surprised you didn't get any shots when the fog that rolled in Monday. The harbor look really cool. You could barely see the water below the lighthouse and would have been a great shot. Unfortunately I couldn't get over there.
                          Check out .

Comment

• Sweet pics again Rat, what a fun place to live!
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah View Post
                              Sweet pics again Rat, what a fun place to live!
                              Nuttin like sittin on the back of the boat sipping a cold one and watching the world go by.... Except maybe catching a big ol' yellow tail off the back...

Comment

• Boy, there's some great photographers in this group!!! Beautiful pictures!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X