Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good amount of lift with coils and shocks on stock suspension arms?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm done... anyone else??? :dunno: :cactus:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

You definitely want at least one Heim or Johnny Joint on one end, otherwise the bushing takes a beating with all the twisting.

I went through a set of bushings in one wheeling weekend, this is what they looked like:

I had been staying out of this conversation because I thought it was ridiculous to keep your stock control arms. Im glad you have given this more thought.

Im running Rubicon Express adjustables now. The set you see in the picture is from Rancho. Im getting way more articulation with the RE.

The short or long arm decision will depend on what kind of wheeling you do. The more extreme you get, the happier youre going to be with short arms. Long arms are great on the street, but suck in the rocks.

I completely understand wanting to only spend your money once. Unfortunately, many people dont know which direction. they going to go with their Jeeps. Ive purchased two suspension lifts, two sets of aftermarket shocks, two types of rocker protection, two sets of control arms...If you would have told me four years ago, that I would be rock crawling my Jeep, I would have never believed you.

Good luck with your decision.

Tam
      Last edited by JeepGal; 05-18-07, 11:20 AM.
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

My vote for the best ride...
        Old man emu shocks and springs 2''
        1 3/4 spacers, Currie short or (J) arms....will fit 33 and ride like a caddy! H,mmmm now why dont i listen to my own advise....Cause I like white knuckle driving
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Thankyou for the great input everybody. I have also read some on Pirate 4x4 and I really can not beat around the bush. It seems long arms are good to reduce the angles of the arm to the frame and with 40" tires. I want 33" tires so I figure short arms with 3.5" for a good ride and mabe 4.5 " I think I will go 3.5" and raise my skid plate. I have not seen any pitman drop arms. Are extended and bent drag link batter because that is what the manufacuters make. I will have a look at Johny-joints but the heim joints seem pretty good.

Comment

Working...
          X